tappy

Who Wins  

46 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win Dist 7 Div 1 2A

• Replies 275
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can we please get back to the game that is to be played Friday night in Melissa?

I have change my mind and all of you are right Winnsboro does not stand a prayer in pulling this game off Friday night. The stars are not aligned in their favor.

Winnsboro has not played any one and it will come back and bite them.

Man guys ya'll need to show a little class and a little respect to the lady. She is just backing her team the very best she knows how to. Winnsboro does have a good team, not a great team, however there are not any great teams in 2A this year yet. They play very hard and have a good shot on any given night to play with anyone in 2A. Sure they do not have a really hard schedule, but they are well coached and they if they play up to their capabilities can get the upset in the playoffs. As I have stated before they will have a hard time with both Melissa and Daingerfield simply because they are not as good on pass coverage because they have not played enough passing teams to learn the best techniques to stopping the pass. If they are able to shorten the game who knows what might happen. But I do think that ya'll need apologize to the lady and go troll on someone else.

Man guys ya'll need to show a little class and a little respect to the lady. She is just backing her team the very best she knows how to. Winnsboro does have a good team, not a great team, however there are not any great teams in 2A this year yet. They play very hard and have a good shot on any given night to play with anyone in 2A. Sure they do not have a really hard schedule, but they are well coached and they if they play up to their capabilities can get the upset in the playoffs. As I have stated before they will have a hard time with both Melissa and Daingerfield simply because they are not as good on pass coverage because they have not played enough passing teams to learn the best techniques to stopping the pass. If they are able to shorten the game who knows what might happen. But I do think that ya'll need apologize to the lady and go troll on someone else.

Thank you!! Alot of them do not know respect if it came up and bit them.If this had been several years ago alot of this thread would have been deleted when the attack mode was in effect. I guess it is just a sign of the times. Fun is fun but this is going too far. Cslling some one a donkey in not so nice terms not once but twice is going too far.

I also think that suspension would have been put in effect if it was several years ago.

Fun is fun but this is going too far. Calling someone a donkey in not so nice terms, not once but twice is going too far.

You don't know the difference between Eeyore and a random donkey??

Eeyore quote:

Nobody loves me...nobody cares......

and wildtiger

Somebody from Daingerfield wants to monitor the smack........riiiight!!

You don't know the difference between Eeyore and a random donkey??

Eeyore quote:

Nobody loves me...nobody cares......

and wildtiger

Somebody from Daingerfield wants to monitor the smack........riiiight!!

No!! You see I put away childish things along time ago and I have grown up.

There is a big difference in smack and downgrading a person which is what you thrive on on this forum.

Then put me on ignore, report me or quit reading my posts...........you BIG BABY!!!

Read the football rules....put your big girl panties on or stay off Smoaky.........

YOU do as much mouthing as anyone on here..................MORE than most!!!

So don't go all hollier-than-thou on me!!!

I'll never post another thing on your stupid Whinesboro threads!!!! You can find your precious little thread for now on...back on about page 5..............

GOOD BYE!!

Then put me on ignore, report me or quit reading my posts...........you BIG BABY!!!

Read the football rules....put your big girl panties on or stay off Smoaky.........

YOU do as much mouthing as anyone on here..................MORE than most!!!

So don't go all hollier-than-thou on me!!!

I'll never post another thing on your stupid Whinesboro threads!!!! You can find your precious little thread for now on...back on about page 5..............

GOOD BYE!!

One last time it is Winnsboro. Good Riddance!! What I have been waiting for: for several years now.

as this thread has somewhat got out of hand with ridiculous bickering, i for one am more concerned with talking about the actual GAME and the keys to winning for either side. on another site it was mentioned that pressure on the qb is a huge key in trying to slow down the spread offense. in watching the raiders over the years, there has not been alot of times when winnsboro has really been intentional in trying to get to the qb. i believe it will be crucial for the raiders to throw in some blitzes and really make a conscious effort to put pressure on mcqueen to disrupt his rhythym. it is no secret that if there is no pressure on the qb then he will have a field day standing in the pocket distributing the ball all over the field. whats yalls thoughts?

as this thread has somewhat got out of hand with ridiculous bickering, i for one am more concerned with talking about the actual GAME and the keys to winning for either side. on another site it was mentioned that pressure on the qb is a huge key in trying to slow down the spread offense. in watching the raiders over the years, there has not been alot of times when winnsboro has really been intentional in trying to get to the qb. i believe it will be crucial for the raiders to throw in some blitzes and really make a conscious effort to put pressure on mcqueen to disrupt his rhythym. it is no secret that if there is no pressure on the qb then he will have a field day standing in the pocket distributing the ball all over the field. whats yalls thoughts?

Sometimes I think that we expect the boys on the high school level to know just as much as the college and pro players and perform to those levels. High school sports is a learining tool.

Sometimes I think that we expect the boys on the high school level to know just as much as the college and pro players and perform to those levels. High school sports is a learining tool.

Uhhhh, what? I think you just like to type sometimes. Do you like the sound of a keyboard? There's so much more that goes on at those other two levels, high school isn't even close.

Uhhhh, what? I think you just like to type sometimes. Do you like the sound of a keyboard? There's so much more that goes on at those other two levels, high school isn't even close.

I am talking about expectations of the fans toward the performances of the players. Is all that I am saying.

Your Winnsboro fans think your boys are going to come out and fling it around like the New England Patriots or what?

No what I am saying is that they expect their team to be good in all areas of their game. It does not happen very often at the high school level. There are weaknesses in all teams. Our defensive secondary and pass rush is our weak link. It will take more game time experiences for us to get better. It also takes the defense having good size and speed to be effective.

No what I am saying is that they expect their team to be good in all areas of their game. It does not happen very often at the high school level. There are weaknesses in all teams. Our defensive secondary and pass rush is our weak link. It will take more game time experiences for us to get better. It also takes the defense having good size and speed to be effective.

Size, I don't know. Speed is a definite. Size won't get you anywhere unless you weigh 350 and you're a nose guard if you can't move.

I am surprised at how negative and personal these post have become! I was under the impression this site was to discuss the sports and highlight the achievements of teams and players in East Texas football. This topic started out with a poll and personal opinion of what each team will do.

In my opinion from what I covered at the Grand Saline vs Winnsboro and the Grand Saline vs Melissa games were the comparison of how each performed in action. First the quarterback from Winnsboro had a better passing game. Second Melissa's quarterback did not run the ball as much, he handed off to #4 most of the night.

My next observations identified which defense stopped Grand Salines running game better. It was evenly competitive between Melissa and Winnsboro, but Winnsboro stopped the Indians more consistently.

I attached some photos of both quarterbacks below. The links are from my website of sports photos.

Let me know if you want to truly discuss my comments instead of just ripping what I observed.

Thank you, Rick

http://www.sportssho...S-vs-ML-3-L.jpg

http://www.sportssho...ct-21-331-L.jpg

http://www.sportssho...ct-21-339-L.jpg

Incorrect link on first post for Winnsboro QB. Sorry!

I am surprised at how negative and personal these post have become! I was under the impression this site was to discuss the sports and highlight the achievements of teams and players in East Texas football. This topic started out with a poll and personal opinion of what each team will do.

In my opinion from what I covered at the Grand Saline vs Winnsboro and the Grand Saline vs Melissa games were the comparison of how each performed in action. First the quarterback from Winnsboro had a better passing game. Second Melissa's quarterback did not run the ball as much, he handed off to #4 most of the night.

My next observations identified which defense stopped Grand Salines running game better. It was evenly competitive between Melissa and Winnsboro, but Winnsboro stopped the Indians more consistently.

I attached some photos of both quarterbacks below. The links are from my website of sports photos.

Let me know if you want to truly discuss my comments instead of just ripping what I observed.

Thank you, Rick

http://www.sportssho...S-vs-ML-3-L.jpg

http://www.sportssho...ct-21-339-L.jpg