Traylon Shead to transfer

crapshot

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

WOW from UT to kilgore..................thats a big drop

Traylon is not going to Kilgore. His brother and cousin both play there and are doing well. Both will be leaving Kilgore to play elsewhere. I have heard he would like to go to a&m. I don't buy the small school argument! Talent is talent! What he needs is an opportunity to prove himself. Look at the Kennedy kid he is getting his chance at a&m and has has had 7 receptions and scored on a 2pt conversion in the last 2 games with very limited playing time. They played on the same team against the same so called weak competition. Shead can play just give him the ball and he will prove everyone wrong !

wow ..... if UT was so freakin great why is Bob stoops taking anyone he wants away from Texas. Shead not playing has had zero to do with his talent. Thats what cracks me up about 99.9 % of the so called UT supporters. Half of them have never even seen the campus and wear orange and bang that chest like they are special. You have no clue what your talking about. do more homework on the truth and let me know what you find out. I will bet you shead not playing has absolutely nothing to do with him being able to produce or make it at UT,prehaps more with injury and not liking the school will be what you find. So when another MAJOR D-1 school picks him up and wins as much or more than UT what then. OU guys seem to be all over this already! Wait got to ask this too....when he does burst onto the scene cause he will and ends up pro then what? You can say its cause he spent two years wasting his time in orange. I hope like hell he comes to Aggie Land!

You're wrong, bad wrong. Of course, you're an ag, so that shouldn't surprise many people.

Traylon's problem is that he was passed over by better, younger players who adapted better to the offense. Shead also runs to straight up and tried to tip toe too much instead of using his natural abilities.

Next time, do a little homework on the subject and leave you're blind hatred for Texas out of it. You'll look much more intelligent.

wow ..... if UT was so freakin great why is Bob stoops taking anyone he wants away from Texas. Shead not playing has had zero to do with his talent. Thats what cracks me up about 99.9 % of the so called UT supporters. Half of them have never even seen the campus and wear orange and bang that chest like they are special. You have no clue what your talking about. do more homework on the truth and let me know what you find out. I will bet you shead not playing has absolutely nothing to do with him being able to produce or make it at UT,prehaps more with injury and not liking the school will be what you find. So when another MAJOR D-1 school picks him up and wins as much or more than UT what then. OU guys seem to be all over this already! Wait got to ask this too....when he does burst onto the scene cause he will and ends up pro then what? You can say its cause he spent two years wasting his time in orange. I hope like hell he comes to Aggie Land!

Wow, what an idiot post. You really think Texas would just sit him on the bench if he were the best player they had at his position?

He got beat out as his position....no shame in that considering his competition is Malcolm Brown. And with Gray coming in, he knew his only chance at real playing time was to transfer. HAPPENS ALL THE TIME. It's really not a big deal. Now go change your #### and quit crying.

I was always pulling for him to get his chance at UT, but it never happened. As for going to aggyland, that would be stupid!!!!! Obviously you, like all aggy, don't realize what is about to happen to y'all. Why would a running back want to go to a school that is about to get their heads beat in year in and year out???? Especially against run defenses like we all witnessed Saturday night!!! Oh and HOOKEM!!!

By putting your words into perspective, "Why would a running back want to go to Arkansas?" could be placed here as well...Arkansas is: Top 10 in the country, playing in the SEC and ranked 82nd in rushing per game in the FBS. Do the names, Darren McFadden, Felix Jones and Peyton Hillis mean anything to you? (before you answer, realize that all 3 of these guys played TOGETHER while at Arkansas while McFadden got the glory, Jones was the glorified backup and Hillis played sparingly)

Regardless of the defenses that A&M will be playing against, A&M has proven to give the rock to their RB's if deserved. I'd say a LOT of RB's would want to go to A&M when they know: 1) They are going to get the rock 2) They WILL be playing against the best defenses in the country, week in and week out 3) Their offensive line will be one of the best in the country for the next 2 years [Out of 22 OL on the Aggies roster, 14 of them are under-classmen] and 4) They will be put on a stage almost every single week when/if they play because they are now in the SEC.

Think about what you're saying next time before hitting that Add Reply button.

Every year the power-house schools, like Texas, over recruit the cream of the crop when they still have most of the previous year's crop as redshirts. I wasn't saying that Texas doesn't produce talented NFL players; if you thought that you don't read very well. Too many talented athletes get lost in the depth chart at schools like Texas which robs them of displaying their talent. The best player plays, but they need to be diligent and do what's best for them where they can shine. Christine Michael is a prime example of a highly touted RB going to A&M and making a huge impact. Robert Griffin was recruited as a WR at the big schools, what a huge waste that could have potentially been.

They're not cream of the crop if they're getting red-shirted. Cream of the crop kids are freshmen all-americans, contributors to their team. Just another freshmen who is having trouble adjusting is a red-shirt...

And maybe an injury here and there

By putting your words into perspective, "Why would a running back want to go to Arkansas?" could be placed here as well...Arkansas is: Top 10 in the country, playing in the SEC and ranked 82nd in rushing per game in the FBS. Do the names, Darren McFadden, Felix Jones and Peyton Hillis mean anything to you? (before you answer, realize that all 3 of these guys played TOGETHER while at Arkansas while McFadden got the glory, Jones was the glorified backup and Hillis played sparingly)

Regardless of the defenses that A&M will be playing against, A&M has proven to give the rock to their RB's if deserved. I'd say a LOT of RB's would want to go to A&M when they know: 1) They are going to get the rock 2) They WILL be playing against the best defenses in the country, week in and week out 3) Their offensive line will be one of the best in the country for the next 2 years [Out of 22 OL on the Aggies roster, 14 of them are under-classmen] and 4) They will be put on a stage almost every single week when/if they play because they are now in the SEC.

Think about what you're saying next time before hitting that Add Reply button.

Your Arkansas comment makes no sense because when those 3 running backs were in school, Houston Nutt was the coach and They ran a much different offense then. Now they are a passing team, then they were run first, second, and then put McFadden in the wildcat to throw or run again.

Care to explain yourself. How can a school "over recruit"? Each school gets the same number of scholarships in Div I. Seems every school wants to get the best players they can. With injuries, grades, etc...., no school recruits a kid today to keep him off another team's rooster.

Some kids are overhyped and others are underhyped (see Colt McCoy).

I wish Traylon the best and appreciate his contributions to the UT program.

1. A school can recruit a kid and tell him he has a full ride but they put him on a pale grant of someother way to get the money for eco. disadvantaged or something.

2. they can over recruitt in certain Positions & overlook others As Alabama did on field goal kickers

3. They might even recruit a certain player they know want fit at the position recruited for just to keep someone else from getting him, hoping he might fit and except another position.

Your Arkansas comment makes no sense because when those 3 running backs were in school, Houston Nutt was the coach and They ran a much different offense then. Now they are a passing team, then they were run first, second, and then put McFadden in the wildcat to throw or run again.

Yeah, probably a good thing Niles Davis blew out his knee before the season started because he NEVER would have been allowed to carry the ball. All that Heisman talk was just hype.

Ok then, good point. Change Arkansas with Florida, Auburn or South Carolina or whomever. The fact that LLIONPRIDE asked, "Why would any running back want to go there...get your heads beat in..blah blah" makes no sense due to the facts I stated regarding A&M's run game. Any back SHOULD want to go to A&M right now for those reasons, especially if they weren't getting the ball at their other schools due to "over-recruiting" (which is funny, I have to agree) at the RB position.

You're wrong, bad wrong. Of course, you're an ag, so that shouldn't surprise many people.

Traylon's problem is that he was passed over by better, younger players who adapted better to the offense. Shead also runs to straight up and tried to tip toe too much instead of using his natural abilities.

Next time, do a little homework on the subject and leave you're blind hatred for Texas out of it. You'll look much more intelligent.

He did that in High School. I had hoped that UT would fix that problem. I wish the kid nothing but good luck.

1. A school can recruit a kid and tell him he has a full ride but they put him on a pale grant of someother way to get the money for eco. disadvantaged or something.

2. they can over recruitt in certain Positions & overlook others As Alabama did on field goal kickers

3. They might even recruit a certain player they know want fit at the position recruited for just to keep someone else from getting him, hoping he might fit and except another position.

1. Someone can correct me if I am wrong, I don't think you can do that or it would count against the scholarship limit. That is similar to the "community scholarships" that Nebraska used to offer. It that was the case 70% of the players would be non-scholarship players against the limit. Scholarship players would all come from Lake Travis, The Woodland, Southlake Carroll & Highland Park.

2. Bad example in my opinion as many programs do not give scholarships to kickers and punters. Instead the reserve a couple for walk-ons to earn. I understand your point though. I do not think that is the case at Texas or the running back position at most schools. I think Texas has probably offered 2 rb scholarships in most years. With attrition, a school probably has 6 or 7 rbs on scholarship out of 85.

That sounds like alot until you don't have enough. The tight end position comes to mind at Texas. Texas has a history of great tight ends. Bo Scaife, Dave Thomas and Jermichael Finley come to mind. Texas recruits Blaine Irby to continue the legacy. By all accounts Irby was on track to fill the shoes nicely of his precessors. Finley for family reasons elects to go pro and Irby has what was described as a career ending injury. All of a sudden Texas has a hole in the tight end position.

3. A&M may do this to keep players from going to Baylor, but I think 85 scholarships preclude that practice by most programs. Do players get recruited without a specific position in mind? Yes definitely. They show up on the recruiting roster as an "ATH". When Nathan Jones from Texas High was recruited by Texas it was as an "ATH". The young man was 1st team all state at wide receiver and defensive back at the 4A level in high school. When he arrive at UT I don't think he knew what position he would play or on which side of the ball. He was starting at cornerback as a freshman. The "ATH" recruit may cause a roster imbalance just as a player like Henry Melton changing position.

1. Someone can correct me if I am wrong, I don't think you can do that or it would count against the scholarship limit. That is similar to the "community scholarships" that Nebraska used to offer. It that was the case 70% of the players would be non-scholarship players against the limit. Scholarship players would all come from Lake Travis, The Woodland, Southlake Carroll & Highland Park.

2. Bad example in my opinion as many programs do not give scholarships to kickers and punters. Instead the reserve a couple for walk-ons to earn. I understand your point though. I do not think that is the case at Texas or the running back position at most schools. I think Texas has probably offered 2 rb scholarships in most years. With attrition, a school probably has 6 or 7 rbs on scholarship out of 85.

That sounds like alot until you don't have enough. The tight end position comes to mind at Texas. Texas has a history of great tight ends. Bo Scaife, Dave Thomas and Jermichael Finley come to mind. Texas recruits Blaine Irby to continue the legacy. By all accounts Irby was on track to fill the shoes nicely of his precessors. Finley for family reasons elects to go pro and Irby has what was described as a career ending injury. All of a sudden Texas has a hole in the tight end position.

3. A&M may do this to keep players from going to Baylor, but I think 85 scholarships preclude that practice by most programs. Do players get recruited without a specific position in mind? Yes definitely. They show up on the recruiting roster as an "ATH". When Nathan Jones from Texas High was recruited by Texas it was as an "ATH". The young man was 1st team all state at wide receiver and defensive back at the 4A level in high school. When he arrive at UT I don't think he knew what position he would play or on which side of the ball. He was starting at cornerback as a freshman. The "ATH" recruit may cause a roster imbalance just as a player like Henry Melton changing position.

I think the tu recruiting of players they wont use is a myth left over from Royals day, when it was true, but you could sign 50 guys a year, and you might have 15 seniors left at the end of 4 years. Those days are over. I do think Mack offers guys their Junior year and that is too early, lots can happen. I wish it was like the old days, where you could not recruit underclassmen.

I think the tu recruiting of players they wont use is a myth left over from Royals day, when it was true, but you could sign 50 guys a year, and you might have 15 seniors left at the end of 4 years. Those days are over. I do think Mack offers guys their Junior year and that is too early, lots can happen. I wish it was like the old days, where you could not recruit underclassmen.

I agree for the most part. The only tweak I would make to your comments, is Mack "offers" after their junior season. Mack will not offer his following year class until after signing day. However Mack is guilty of the "early commitment" trend in college football. I think it is now the norm versus the exception. Didn't USC offer a 12 year old kid last year?

I agree Mack's overall recruiting class is hurt because certain positions could be upgraded by late developing players. Cobi Hamilton at Arkansas is a good example. A kid with speed talked into playing football that became recognized as a top receiving prospect his senior season. Not so say he would have gone to Texas, but an example of a player overlooked as a junior.

I agree for the most part. The only tweak I would make to your comments, is Mack "offers" after their junior season. Mack will not offer his following year class until after signing day. However Mack is guilty of the "early commitment" trend in college football. I think it is now the norm versus the exception. Didn't USC offer a 12 year old kid last year?

I agree Mack's overall recruiting class is hurt because certain positions could be upgraded by late developing players. Cobi Hamilton at Arkansas is a good example. A kid with speed talked into playing football that became recognized as a top receiving prospect his senior season. Not so say he would have gone to Texas, but an example of a player overlooked as a junior.

That is changing now...there are already some 2013 offers out.

That is changing now...there are already some 2013 offers out.

I remember some Aggies on here talking about getting a verbal from Kohl Stewart, QB from St. Pius X in Houston. This is his junior year, and from the looks of things, he didn't do anything special. But he does have his senior year to mature and get better. On rivals, there are a total of 4 Aggie commitments for 2013. Doing a quick list check, they are the only program to have 2013 commitments from the current BIG XII. I did notice all the big SEC schools have 2013 verbals with the exception of Florida and South Carolina.

It's similar to a Pell Grant but comes in much lighter color of paper. It also isn't worth very much, so it pales in comparison to the Pell Grant.

Lol...maybe it's just for "white folks"

I'm not sure people really understand what "overrecruiting" means. It's really an SEC thing....Texas has never done it. There's an article that explains it and I'll see if I can find it to post. Hopefully it will clear up some of the ignorance on the subject.

Mack Brown is not overrecruiting just because of some normal attrition. It happens everywhere. When you sign on at a school like Texas, especially at a premier position like tailback, there is going to be some hefty competition.