playoff game in Teague,Tx

homegrown

Waco Robinson vs Mexia  

12 members have voted

1. 1. Will Tommy Allison get his first playoff win since winning it all??

• Waco Robinson
    • Mexia

Friday night Teague will be hosting a good 3a first round playoff game between Mexia vs Waco Robinson.. It makes me proud to know that with all the new and improved things going on in the town of Teague that we are good enough to host such a big event.. I wonder how many schools that had the chance to hire this outstanding coach think now what would had been if they would of hired him instead of the other guy..

Teague folk are excited about our old coach (Allison) bringing his Robinson Rocket team to play the first ever playoff game in our new stadium.Coach Allison and staff have turned the Robinson football program around in with a 8-2 record in their first year there.Robinson's only two losses are to La Vega and Alvarado,good luck to Robinson friday night.

Friday night Teague will be hosting a good 3a first round playoff game between Mexia vs Waco Robinson.. It makes me proud to know that with all the new and improved things going on in the town of Teague that we are good enough to host such a big event.. I wonder how many schools that had the chance to hire this outstanding coach think now what would had been if they would of hired him instead of the other guy..

I don't know much about what happened with "the other guy" leaving, but I do know this..when the other guy came in and won and went to the playoffs and helped get the new facilities done seemed like the entire town of Teague couldn't say enough good about him. Now he is gone and they didn't win and everybody is all over him and the remaining staff. Did the players leave with him? Don't think so. Stop harping on a guy for whatever it is he did and try to rally support behind whoever is there and speak encouragingly to the kids and have them play for the Teague Lions as opposed to playing for a coach that is or is not there.

I don't know much about what happened with "the other guy" leaving, but I do know this..when the other guy came in and won and went to the playoffs and helped get the new facilities done seemed like the entire town of Teague couldn't say enough good about him. Now he is gone and they didn't win and everybody is all over him and the remaining staff. Did the players leave with him? Don't think so. Stop harping on a guy for whatever it is he did and try to rally support behind whoever is there and speak encouragingly to the kids and have them play for the Teague Lions as opposed to playing for a coach that is or is not there.

I'm not talking bout Teague because everyone knows how close me and Josh Finney is and I know we would not have some of the new things we got if it wasn't for him.. Coach Allison had applied at several schools in the past and left another after just 1 year.. I am one of the FEW men that stayed with the QB club in Teague as the others have vanished.. I am behind Coach Coffman in Teague 100% no matter what others think.. I have ppl calling,texting, stopping my car and talking to me in the stands to get how I feel on the coaching subject because they know how much love I have for Teague Lions sports.. Im sure some will use my name to get whatever point accross but I can stand here now and say I am behind whoever coaches my Lions 1000%.. I have a son and nephew that will be in the 7th next year and I just want us to win so my kids can be part of a winner..

Are you saying we are all over Finney? In my posts I am referring to the current HC/AD, not Finney. We were better with him in my opinion and no the kids didn't leave with him, but I think they aren't the same without him. If myself and others didn't care about the program we wouldn't express our views and opinions about how it has been this year.

The Teague Lion Sports Complex would not be what it is today if not for Coach Josh Finney.Coach Finney had a vision of what it (the sports complex) could be, he sold his ideas to the right people of Teague and together with his leadership things started happening.The old busniess saying "timing is everything" surely was on the "money" in this situation.There was left over bond money that could only be used in new constrution or improvements.The Complex is not fully finished yet but it will be in the next few months.If not for Josh Finney all these things would not have been built and thats" the bottom line" ,No ifs,ands or buts. So in his one and a half years here,under his leadership he took a team from 1-9 to 7-4 and back into the playoffs,upgraded our faciities to some of the best in 2a and Teague had one of its best overall athletic years in school history.Good luck Coach,to you and your family and THANKS for help getting these facilites here at Teague.

Maybe I am misinterpreting or misreading the posts...still...support the coaches there as much as you can and support them in front of the kids. When kids at home hear negative comments about the coaches it sways their opinions as well and then things really go south..Again, I am not anywhere near the Teague program but some of the things I have read about what is going on and the feelings toward the coaches bother me. Not really trying to get into an online screaming match.

The Teague Lion Sports Complex would not be what it is today if not for Coach Josh Finney.Coach Finney had a vision of what it (the sports complex) could be, he sold his ideas to the right people of Teague and together with his leadership things started happening.The old busniess saying "timing is everything" surely was on the "money" in this situation.There was left over bond money that could only be used in new constrution or improvements.The Complex is not fully finished yet but it will be in the next few months.If not for Josh Finney all these things would not have been built and thats" the bottom line" ,No ifs,ands or buts. So in his one and a half years here,under his leadership he took a team from 1-9 to 7-4 and back into the playoffs,upgraded our faciities to some of the best in 2a and Teague had one of its best overall athletic years in school history.Good luck Coach,to you and your family and THANKS for help getting these facilites here at Teague.

+1

u r my hero player73.. u have always had a way with words..

Nor are we trying to get into an arguement with you. I just wanted to clearify my position. My comments or opinions are not meant to sway the kids. They deal with these coaches everyday. They can figure out whether they like them or not without listening to me or anyone else. I do not mean to bother or offend anyone with my quotes. It's just my opinion about the athletic program in which I think is in need of repair.

Maybe I am misinterpreting or misreading the posts...still...support the coaches there as much as you can and support them in front of the kids. When kids at home hear negative comments about the coaches it sways their opinions as well and then things really go south..Again, I am not anywhere near the Teague program but some of the things I have read about what is going on and the feelings toward the coaches bother me. Not really trying to get into an online screaming match.

Crockett folks(at least my family) pulling for our old DC, the bald guy in the smurf hat.

His son the very talented Jr. QB for Robinson.

Sure like to see Robinson go a long way.

I do believe that Robinson will go atleast 3 rounds deep and I'm glad it will start friday night in my backyard.. It aint often that 2 teams of their size play a playoff game in a 2a stadium and that says alot for what we have going here in Teague..