Best Trick Play

thatparisguy

I love the one where the qb hands the ball over his sholder and the QB just walks past the defensive line and then takes off for the TD, while everyone is wondering what in the world just happened. Belive it happened last year in a JV game somewhere.

I love the one where the qb hands the ball over his sholder and the QB just walks past the defensive line and then takes off for the TD, while everyone is wondering what in the world just happened. Belive it happened last year in a JV game somewhere.

Hands the ball over his shoulder to who?

that one's pretty awesome... just hope the qb really knows how to handle that ball just right- a slight slant on the ball when it hits the ground and it could be 6 points in the wrong direction...

It was actually an 8th grade team that ran it.... and ran it to perfection. Perfect bounce pass, receiver caught it, sold the dead ball for a second and then boom, hits a wide open receiver down the field for the TD.

I believe it was Hallsville's 8th grade team that did it.

It was actually an 8th grade team that ran it.... and ran it to perfection. Perfect bounce pass, receiver caught it, sold the dead ball for a second and then boom, hits a wide open receiver down the field for the TD.

I saw it against Wake Forest too, Presbyterian or somebody ran it..

I actually thought u were referring to a different play, but that one is cool too.

The one I'm thinking of is where the qb takes the snap and turns around and bounces it off the ground and catches the bounce. It appears to be a spike, but of course since he turned around, it's the same as a backward bounce pass. So it's still a live ball, but everyone plays it off like a dead ball, til the qb looks up and hits a wide open receiver down the field.

Like I said though, the qb has to have the perfect angle on the ball when he "spikes" it, otherwise it'll take a sideways bounce and someone else could pick it up.

Nac ran a nice one last week against hallsville on 4th down that worked well. As nac was lining up for the punt they had a lot of players running on and off the field as usually happens with special teams. However, one nac player stopped short of the out of bounds line with his back to the field. The ball was snapped and he took off down field and caught the pass for the first down. Wasn't enough to win though.

The old hide-out play...

I've seen it run repeatedly by a team out of state where the coach calls the receiver off the field asthe huddle breaks. The player stopps short of the sideline and is literally getting yelled at... Never figured out the que, but the coach says something that indicates the snap andthe receiver takes off down the sideline!

The old hide-out play...

I've seen it run repeatedly by a team out of state where the coach calls the receiver off the field asthe huddle breaks. The player stopps short of the sideline and is literally getting yelled at... Never figured out the que, but the coach says something that indicates the snap andthe receiver takes off down the sideline!

It is a normal part of the Pittsburg playbook.

It is a normal part of the Pittsburg playbook.

I seen one where the team lines up for a field goal and all of a sudden the holder gets up and runs to the sideline (in motion) yelling "I need the tee. I need the tee" The snapper snaps the ball to the kicker and the holder takes off up field for a td pass. All alone in the endzone.