who has a good Junior high Basketball team?

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

By FAR the best 8th grade team in East Texas has got to be TATUM!!!!! They are undefeated this year and are averaging almost 60 points per game. They won the Spring Hill Tourney this weekend beating 3A Spring Hill 61-21 and then beating 4A Marshall 41-35. These kids are truely gifted athletically, but are very coachable. Coach Myer has these kids firing on all cylinders. It's good to see a coach at the Jr. High level who is truely interested in the success of the kids on and off the court. The kids have bought in to the style of play that Coach Myer expects from them, which is exactly like the Varsity style of play of Tatum. (This is not coincedental, Myer is also an assistant coach at the Varsity level). Keep rolling Eagles!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tatum 8th grade basketball team is a force that is hard to stop. With the starting 5 on the court the whole game you are lucky to score 20 points in the entire game. Every player on the starting 5 has the ability to drive to the hole and shoot from the outside. With the speed, chemistry, heart, and determination of this team they could possibly be the best in East Texas. It wouldn't be a surprise if they stepped up the level of intensity of their practices to become an even better team. I heard somebody say they play Waskom this thursday in Tatum and in there first game Tatum beat waskom by 2. I wouldn't be suprised if they beat them by 15 with that show they put on against marshall

That Tatum 8th grade basketball team is one of the best i've seen in a while. From what i saw in that spring hill tournament that team could have multiple state championships if they can stay together and build from a good team to a division 1 college bound team. Size is there especially with there guards and post. Those 2 post looked to be about 6'3 and 6'2. In warm-ups they didn't look like they were trying to jump high on lay-ups but they were touching the rim every time. There guards can shoot the ball very well along with there dribbling capabilities and there strong ability to fake people out. Whenever you get a chance you should go watch them play and you will be guaranteed a show. Hands down maybe the best 2A team in East Texas and they proved that by beating Marshall which is a 4A school. Keep up the work Tatum.

Well, after what I just saw tonight, Waskom at Tatum, there is no question whatsoever that the TATUM 8th grade boys basketball is THE best Jr High team in East Texas. The starting line-up was 5'4" guard, 5'8" guard, 6'3 post, 6'2" post, 5'10" guard. tatum set the pace early, got up in their face, and laid into them. Final score 65-44. Bring on Henderson Saturday in the Coliseum.

As a parent, fan and spectator, yes TATUM'S 8 TH GRADE BASKETBALL TEAM IS THE BEST IN EAST TEXAS . FAR AS THAT GO THE SAME GROUP OF YOUNG MEN HAVEN'T LOST A FOOTBALL GAME IN 4 YEARS ALSO. AND FROM WHAT I HEAR THE TRACK TEAM IS AWSOME. IF THIS GROUP OF YOUNG MEN KEEP UP THEIR BOOKS AND KEEP A LEVEL HEAD AND STAY TOGETHER THE SKY IS THE LIMIT FOR THEM. STATE CHAMPIONSHIPS WILL BE IN TATUM IN MIULTIPLE SPORTS IN THE FUTURE.

Henderson wins 7th grade 33 to 26 Tatum players scores were 13-6-2-3-2 Will let you guess who goes with which points.

Tatum wins 8th grade 44 to 33 I don't think game was as close as score indicated. Refs didn't show up for first game and were called out for second game. Messing up their Saturday the refs wanted to earn their money and called game a little closer than some felt was needed.

Tatum 8th grade boys handled Henderson with ease, even though the game was ugly. I'm thinking maybe the size of the coliseum had affected their outside shooting. Coach Myer was missing a player (Ivy) which changed some of his normal rotations from the bench, but that's good for the kids; got to learn to play with others as well. Eagles will glide through district, no real competition left. Heard the boys are going to Central Heights in a couple of weeks to play in tourney, anyone have any information on that?

I would have to put Clarksville 7th and 8th grade in the mix. Both teams have handles anything put in front of them. Their eighth grade team has two post that are 6'2 and 6'3. Their guard and 3 man are lightning quick. They went to the Big Sandy Tourney instead of the Spring Hill tourney and both won the championships in their division. Just giving the boys their dues. Remember it is Clarksville were basketball is king.

No that is not running up the score. When every player on your team hits the floor and play,you can't tell them not to shoot the ball.YOU don't want your team to get flat and play at a lower level.Tatum eagles 8th grade don't know how to play but one way and that's hard.WIN OR GO HOME

Tatum 8th defeated Huntington and central heights today!!!! Awesome 60-28 and 64-33

Did they win the tournament? thought White oak was coming.

Central Heights must be pretty good they were short 2 points from doubling the score on them.