Longhorn Network

bordertown

Exerpt of message from President Powers:

The Longhorn Network is making its programming available online November 11-13 at LonghornNetwork.com. This is an opportunity for UT alumni and fans without access to the Longhorn Network to watch the season-opening men’s and women’s basketball games and other programs.

Times Friday 9am to Sunday midnight

Longhornnetwork.com

These are the highlights. Three games which are not available anywhere else including opening basketball game.

FRIDAY

Game Plan with Mack Brown 12 p.m. and 5:30 p.m.

Women’s Basketball: Texas GameDay 6:30 p.m.

Women’s Basketball: #5 Stanford vs. #20 Texas 7 p.m.

Longhorn Extra 10 p.m.

SATURDAY

Texas GameDay 9-11 a.m.

Exclusive Longhorn Network Halftime Show during Texas vs. Missouri

Texas GameDay Final immediately following Texas vs. Missouri

Volleyball: Kansas St. vs #8 Texas 4 p.m.

SUNDAY

Game Changers with Prof. John Daly 2:30 p.m.

Longhorn Legends: Texas Basketball Roundtable (with Kevin Durant, T.J. Ford, LaMarcus Aldridge, Chris Mihm, D.J. Augustin, and Coach Rick Barnes) 5:30 p.m.

Men’s Basketball: Boston University vs. Texas 6 p.m.

These are the highlights. Three games which are not available anywhere else including opening basketball game.

FRIDAY

Game Plan with Mack Brown 12 p.m. and 5:30 p.m.

Women's Basketball: Texas GameDay 6:30 p.m.

Women's Basketball: #5 Stanford vs. #20 Texas 7 p.m.

Longhorn Extra 10 p.m.

SATURDAY

Texas GameDay 9-11 a.m.

Exclusive Longhorn Network Halftime Show during Texas vs. Missouri

Texas GameDay Final immediately following Texas vs. Missouri

Volleyball: Kansas St. vs #8 Texas 4 p.m.

SUNDAY

Game Changers with Prof. John Daly 2:30 p.m.

Longhorn Legends: Texas Basketball Roundtable (with Kevin Durant, T.J. Ford, LaMarcus Aldridge, Chris Mihm, D.J. Augustin, and Coach Rick Barnes) 5:30 p.m.

Men's Basketball: Boston University vs. Texas 6 p.m.

That Saturday afternoon volleyball game should be a big draw.

Waste of money. $$ is not adding up so that's why they will go online with it too try and "hook" people to it. No thanks. Espn will show the games that count to national tv regardless.

That's the problem, at present, Texas doesn't play games that count to a national TV audience. Well, except that volleyball game!

I took advantage of the free peek and watched the last couple of sets the Texas women defeating Kansas St and then the Men Basketball opening game against Boston. As a Texas fan I liked what I saw considering I was watching an internet feed.

I understand Aggies, Sooners, etc.... not wanting to pay so I can watch the programing. I would pay a "reasonable" amount to watch the programing on an HBO premium basis.

Curious if anyone else took advantage of the free peek?

I checked it out this weekend and loved it. I'm very excited to catch some baseball games on it this spring.

Etex cable in gilmer has LHN so Ii have been watching it but it's an excellent way to see all the volleyball and baseball games that you never got to see before

Exactly, for non football sports it's going to be great. Eventually it will be carried on cable and satellite, and it will be a huge recruiting tool.

Exactly, for non football sports it's going to be great. Eventually it will be carried on cable and satellite, and it will be a huge recruiting tool.

I think that's why nobody wanted UT to have a network. Not only does UT get the best already but need a network also for recruiting purposes? That's just greed and that's why the backlash from so many.

I think that's why nobody wanted UT to have a network. Not only does UT get the best already but need a network also for recruiting purposes? That's just greed and that's why the backlash from so many.

Sounds like a comment from the "Occupy Texas Movement"!!! Listen it is the goal of Texas to have their athletes pumping bars of gold, not lesser metals.

What I am waiting for is Florida and Georgia to contemplate a Tier 3 Network similiar to Texas' and apparently OU's. Will those that are complaining opt to leave the SEC if this occurs?

What I am waiting for is Florida and Georgia to contemplate a Tier 3 Network similiar to Texas' and apparently OU's. Will those that are complaining opt to leave the SEC if this occurs?

Florida and Grorgia are completely different states as is every other "powerhouse" team in the SEC. UT and A&M are in the state of Texas so do you see a reason for concern here and why you can't compare SEC teams to A&M leaving the big 12.

Florida and Grorgia are completely different states as is every other "powerhouse" team in the SEC. UT and A&M are in the state of Texas so do you see a reason for concern here and why you can't compare SEC teams to A&M leaving the big 12.

No, I do not understand the logic. Sorry. The reason most Aggie supporters gave at the first reports of why A&M was leaving - SEC believes in equal revenue sharing.

No, I do not understand the logic. Sorry. The reason most Aggie supporters gave at the first reports of why A&M was leaving - SEC believes in equal revenue sharing.

Yep. And playing in a better, more stable conference with a very low turnover rate unlike the Big XII. Oh, and as Commissioner Slive said, A&M is a cultural fit in the SEC.

• 1 year later...

542697_561610060531785_435601555_n.jpg

That's hilarious!!!

The LHN worked out so well for A&M and so poorly for Texas! It was A&M's ticket to the SEC where they are doing well and getting recruits. And at Texas their fans are mad that they can't watch their games and their coaches are whining about it affecting their game planning and such!

• 8 months later...