Martins Mill, Yuga, La Poynor

BigBadBaller

All down from last year

all down from last year? lol, ok, good one. cayuga has three in the starting lineup at 6'6 or better not to mention probably the best player in the region in anderson. lapoynor has seriously reloaded and have a quick, fast-paced team that can play with anyone. martins mill is martins mill, they have all year to get things right so you know they will always be in the mix. down? doubt it.

All three teams look good. I watched all of them play in a fall league in Brook Hill this year. LP is fast, Cayuga is tall, and MM is young. All lost big time seniors last year, but there are very few good basketball teams that don't lose big time seniors every year.

As for "all three are down", compared to what?!

Yeah, losing Waggoner and the other big guy, they're down! Mills lost their guard and their best offensive threat in their big guy. La Poyner lost their best player, so I'd say they're all 3 down from last year...

this is what cayuga started against 2a power italy on tuesday, in which they won by 30.

6'7, 6'6, 6'6, 6'4, 6'3. they may have lost some key players but down, sorry, keep wishing.

this is what cayuga started against 2a power italy on tuesday, in which they won by 30.

6'7, 6'6, 6'6, 6'4, 6'3. they may have lost some key players but down, sorry, keep wishing.

That's a lie. I'll see soon enough if they have 5 "6 footers." For right now, I'm not believing it till I see it. I saw them last year and they didn't start that many.

2A powerhouse Italy? Com on man! I know Cayuga won state in both football and basketball two years ago, correct? Last year, both sports took a step back from that but both were successful and made the playoffs. This year football did not make playoffs. I'm sure basketball will make playoffs but usually at small schools that play both sports and basketballers play football, the two go hand in hand but only time will tell.

ps- Italy made the football playoffs and played last week. So, they may very well have played Tuesday with only one day of practice compared to a full week for Yuga. I think that might make a little bit of a difference but hey congratulations on the big win and good luck this year.

Basketball games are right around the corner. Does anybody know how these teams are looking this year?

Martins Mill looks like a team of @ 5'11 " clones. They pass the ball and rebound extremely well for their size. They'll eat you up on the back door passes if you let them.

Cayuga looks like a team of Amazon stilt type players. Don't let them fool you though ,they are athletic. They will killl you on rebounds if you don't muscle them out of the paint. You have to steal the ball from them while they are transitioning down court to have a chance against them.

LaPoynor is not usually as athletic but will beat you with their fundamentals and brains if you go the least bit cold.

That's a lie. I'll see soon enough if they have 5 "6 footers." For right now, I'm not believing it till I see it. I saw them last year and they didn't start that many.

how do you know if it's a lie, if you havn't seen it. i don't have a dog in this fight, but i do know for a fact that the starting lineup that longshot mentioned is correct.

6-7, didn't play football

6-6, didn't play football

6-6, didn't play football

6-4, played football

6-3, didn't play football

sooo, call me a liar all you want, but it is what it is. look it up on last year's roster, they're all there.

Last years starting five.

CJ Wagner 6'2", Graduated

Dalevin Campbell 6' Graduated

Chris Turner 5'11" Graduated

Zac Bowman 6'6" Junior

Preston Anderson 6'5" Sophomore

Bench

Josiah Summerville 6'6" Graduated

Deon Schoffner 6'5" Sophomore

Hunter Jenkins 6'0: Sophomore

The other player this year 6'4" is Chris Hardy. He didn't play last year due to grades.

So...don't believe it all you want to. You'll "see soon enough if they have 5 6 footers".

The best TEAMS in the region are Clarksville and Tenaha. They will be playing football for awhile and then all those kids who play both football and basketball, in my opinion, will prove to be better. This is my opinion and I'm sticking with it but only time will tell.

Last years starting five.

CJ Wagner 6'2", Graduated

Dalevin Campbell 6' Graduated

Chris Turner 5'11" Graduated

Zac Bowman 6'6" Junior

Preston Anderson 6'5" Sophomore

Bench

Josiah Summerville 6'6" Graduated

Deon Schoffner 6'5" Sophomore

Hunter Jenkins 6'0: Sophomore

The other player this year 6'4" is Chris Hardy. He didn't play last year due to grades.

So...don't believe it all you want to. You'll "see soon enough if they have 5 6 footers".

You left out Jake Nash. Looks like he's grown from last year. What is he 6'1 or 2. Or is he not playing basketball this year. That would be a shame if he's not.

Hate to break your heart, but the liars and midgets knocked off #1 ranked Roxton 70-60 tonight in Mabank. Good thing Coach Jenx borrowed my wristbands. Next up Wills Point at UTTyler friday.