Pewitt vs Corsicana Mildred Friday 7:30 @ Lindale

GoBigBlue

94 members have voted

1. 1. Who advances Pewitt or Mildred?

I believe everyone saw what they were looking for Friday night in a unified team effort. Pewitt's record is the same with the exception of an additional win due to not winning district as last year's. I will be the first to admit defeat if it happens but I don't think it will this week. I thought that against DeKalb as well and you see what happened. The difference in DeKalb and Mildred is I was happy for the Bears because they played the game like it is meant to be played with SPORTSMANSHIP. I will root for any team plays that way and root against any team that doesn't.

• Replies 378
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pewitt played Clarksville in non-district who can sling the ball around pretty good and has more talent and speed than anyone can shake a stick at. The Brahmas did an awesome job of controlling the game and keeping the passing game in check. IF Pewitt can play Mildred with that same type of intensity, Friday night will be a long night for the Eagles. On the other hand, Dekalb ripped a hole right through the Pewitt defense. I don't claim to know why the Brahmas had such a bad game against Dekalb, but IF that team shows up to play Friday, it could be a long night for the Brahmas.

After being rejected by Dekalb and blowing through Ore City like melted butter, the Brahmas will have to refocus on THIS GAME, and make sure they are mentally ready.

Clarksville's passing game is NOTHING like Mildred's. I promise, I've seen Clarksville on film and Mildred in person. Clarksville can throw it a long ways to the big kid who runs by everyone while Mildred has no one that can run by you, but yet no one has covered them effectively this year. Clarksville won't get by Mart anyhow haha

And who gives any of you the right to judge if running to the middle of the field is good sportsmanship? I mean, is it really bad sportsmanship to get excited in the middle of the field to try and "own" the field? Maybe Mildred should apologize for getting excited before the game lol Just because OPP runs the most boring offense in the world and they're not allowed to celebrate and or get excited, doesn't mean you bash a team that does something differently from you...

And who gives any of you the right to judge if running to the middle of the field is good sportsmanship? I mean, is it really bad sportsmanship to get excited in the middle of the field to try and "own" the field? Maybe Mildred should apologize for getting excited before the game lol Just because OPP runs the most boring offense in the world and they're not allowed to celebrate and or get excited, doesn't mean you bash a team that does something differently from you...

I give myself the right and I will take a winning offense anyday.

I don't believe we have to be given the right to judge good sportsmanship. It's a personal opinion and this is a public forum, so I believe we will say what we want. I don't think the running to the middle of the field and jumping up and down is bad sportsmanship. What I consider the poor sportsmanship is turning and taunting the opposing team. Now, I don't know that Mildred has done that this year, but I saw them do it last year.

You might consider our offense boring, but we know it wins games and led to several deep runs and the playoffs. I've even seen that very same offense win state championships. Yall didn't consider it to boring when it was running you over last year.

I don't believe we have to be given the right to judge good sportsmanship. It's a personal opinion and this is a public forum, so I believe we will say what we want. I don't think the running to the middle of the field and jumping up and down is bad sportsmanship. What I consider the poor sportsmanship is turning and taunting the opposing team. Now, I don't know that Mildred has done that this year, but I saw them do it last year.

You might consider our offense boring, but we know it wins games and led to several deep runs and the playoffs. I've even seen that very same offense win state championships. Yall didn't consider it to boring when it was running you over last year.

It was not running over my guys, nor will it ever. Easy to stop when you have the right scheme and players to do it. Not a whole lot of variation to that offense. Extremely predictable...

You're right. There's not a lot of variation. I know I've heard many times..."It's just a TRAP!! Why can't we stop the TRAP!!" lol

Predictable, that I don't know. But, you try to key in on one or two players, the Brahmas will just hit you from a different direction. The only team that I have ever seen COMPLETLY shut down Pewitt was Idaloo in the semi-finals last year.

The only thing the Brahmas will be throwing are basketballs across the field after the game Friday. Mildred will need them Saturday morning.

OEE, if yall practice all day Saturday you might be ready for your basketball games on Monday and Tuesday against Rice and Maypearl. If not, I know yall will be well rested and ready to play Wortham on the 29th! Good luck. Hope yall have a good basketball season. Oh, and one more thought, basketball is more the Eagles type of game because of the jump ball in the middle of the court before the game.

Im assuming that the majority of you PP fans are former high school football players, or atleast i would hope so! With that being said i really feel bad that you never expirienced the true intensity before a friday night football game! Yes we lost some composure last year! But how can all of you who clame to know so much about football denie the demand for emotion! Emotions run deep on friday nights! Obviuosly some of you have forgotten how that feels or you wouldnt keep beating a dead horse on the pre-game ritual just beacaue it isnt exactly like yall think ever team in the state should do it! You think last year was bad wathc Mildred after they win friday! yall will think your boys having mowhawks for the playoffs is minor compared to our post-game celebration!

Im assuming that the majority of you PP fans are former high school football players, or atleast i would hope so! With that being said i really feel bad that you never expirienced the true intensity before a friday night football game! Yes we lost some composure last year! But how can all of you who clame to know so much about football denie the demand for emotion! Emotions run deep on friday nights! Obviuosly some of you have forgotten how that feels or you wouldnt keep beating a dead horse on the pre-game ritual just beacaue it isnt exactly like yall think ever team in the state should do it! You think last year was bad wathc Mildred after they win friday! yall will think your boys having mowhawks for the playoffs is minor compared to our post-game celebration!

For the record, I am a former high school player, and if memory serves, one of the more emotional ones you'll find. That said, I never ran out to the middle of a field and stomped before a game, and I certainly never turned and taunted an entire team on the sideline. That's not good sportsmanship, and when you're about to take the beating Mildred did last year, it's pretty dumb. I'm all for emotional play and excitement, but c'mon, that's not how you show it. If you do, you better back it up, and to this point I haven't seen Mildred do that.

I'm a former player on a couple of levels and you don't get much more emotional than I am. My own avatar name is Go Big Blue from my days at Daingerfield. Nothing wrong in playing emotional. I tell my boys to amp it up but do it with respect to the game. If you watch the highlight link in my signature you will see my son do a little wiggle after he scored against Mildred. Nothing wrong with that. He didn't stand in front of the defender and taunt him afterwards. There is a difference. You can try to justify it all that you want. It won't matter to us.

Clarksville's passing game is NOTHING like Mildred's. I promise, I've seen Clarksville on film and Mildred in person. Clarksville can throw it a long ways to the big kid who runs by everyone while Mildred has no one that can run by you, but yet no one has covered them effectively this year. Clarksville won't get by Mart anyhow haha

Bet!

You can dance, turn flips, flop on the ground and anything else you want but that doesn't help win games. There is nothing wrong with getting fired up and being excited about a football game. If you are not excited and fired up before a football game you might need to take up golf.

Nobody has a problem with players, coaches or fans being excited before, during or after the game but taunting is a different story. Taunting is not allowed at any level and is a penalty if the refs see it.