San augustine vs franklin area round game

wolf92

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Keep talking Wolves

Hey Lions, according to these folks, you shouldn't even bother showing up Thursday because you don't stand a chance against their superior size and speed. It's not you fault that your district (no offense Rogers and Lexington) has NO speed. Times are tough so maybe staying home and saving the money it would take to make the trip on a school night might be for the best.

I know some of the posters are some of the boys that will be lined up against you Thursday. Remember that when your on the field. The others are just older wannabes that didn't make their HS team and had to run water onto the field during timeouts

Let their mouths and disrespect fuel you come Thursday

That's if you decide to make the trip!

Jeez, do you have a chip on your shoulder or what? None of the people on this thread are playing thursday night. If you want to talk about disrespect, maybe you should turn that finger around and point it at yourself. The Wolfpack was good enough to go undefeated in district and you want to get on here and talk about them like they are a bunch of rag-tag thrown togethor little leaguers. I've said it all during this season and I will say it again, the only team that can stop SA is SA. They have the tools on both sides of the ball. I am looking forward to a hard hitting injury free ball game thursday.

GO WOLVES !!!!!!!!!

#20 for Franklin is faster than anyone on SAs roster.

He may be. But I don't think that Franklin has faced the amount of speed they will see Thursday night. They are loaded with it on both sides of the ball. Both teams are obviously capable or they wouldn't be where they are right now. Should be a good game.

GO WOLVES !!!!!!!!!

Jeez, do you have a chip on your shoulder or what? None of the people on this thread are playing thursday night. If you want to talk about disrespect, maybe you should turn that finger around and point it at yourself. The Wolfpack was good enough to go undefeated in district and you want to get on here and talk about them like they are a bunch of rag-tag thrown togethor little leaguers. I've said it all during this season and I will say it again, the only team that can stop SA is SA. They have the tools on both sides of the ball. I am looking forward to a hard hitting injury free ball game thursday.

GO WOLVES !!!!!!!!!

Maybe all you should go back and read the posts. All some of us have said is Franklin will win. That's it! Nobobdy said anything about anyone being little leaguers. Wolverine and Crawford said some things and I defended the Lions.

Oh yea- I can see it on Friday already if it doesn't go your way. " SA beat themselves"

San Augustine is a very talented football team that has yet to reach their potential. They are going to score points and score points often, the question is will they be able to stop Franklin. Franklin comes in averaging almost 42 points per game. They ran a slot-t type offense that wants to be a hard-off the ball, quick hitting attack. The lions play hard-nosed football and their kids get after. They are well coached and disciplined. Franklin's best defense Thursday will be their offense. If San Augustine is playing defense they can't be scoring points on offense.

San Augustine has the capability to play some very good defense. They shut out Corrigan Camden in the 2nd half (in a win that alot of folks seem to be forgetting about). Corrigan is averaging like 60 points after that game in which they scored 22. If the Wolves will come out and play hard-nosed defense like they have shown to be capable then they have a good chance of winning this game. If they come out sluggish on the defensive side of the ball then they are going to find themselves in a shootout.

Maybe all you should go back and read the posts. All some of us have said is Franklin will win. That's it! Nobobdy said anything about anyone being little leaguers. Wolverine and Crawford said some things and I defended the Lions.

Oh yea- I can see it on Friday already if it doesn't go your way. " SA beat themselves"

Yea, you defended them with your own brand of belittling sarcasm. You don't know a thing about the Wolves, just like none of us have had the chance to watch the Lions. We'll see Thursday.

Oh yea, the little league comment was an inference, just like your entire sarcastic post!

GO WOLVES !!!!!!!!!

I have seen both teams play and I'm saying that San Augustine would have struggled to finish in the top 5 in Franklin's district. Someone keeps posting about SAs district is so great, they are about to get a wake up call. CC is the only team out of that district that has a chance to make it to the 3rd round, and I don't know that they get past Centerville. The east texas mentality is that they are just loaded with athletes so they are better than everyone else in the state. You are about to see smart football dominate some "athletes" from deep east texas.

Yea, you defended them with your own brand of belittling sarcasm. You don't know a thing about the Wolves, just like none of us have had the chance to watch the Lions. We'll see Thursday.

Oh yea, the little league comment was an inference, just like your entire sarcastic post!

GO WOLVES !!!!!!!!!

See you Thursday!!

I have seen both teams play and I'm saying that San Augustine would have struggled to finish in the top 5 in Franklin's district. Someone keeps posting about SAs district is so great, they are about to get a wake up call. CC is the only team out of that district that has a chance to make it to the 3rd round, and I don't know that they get past Centerville. The east texas mentality is that they are just loaded with athletes so they are better than everyone else in the state. You are about to see smart football dominate some "athletes" from deep east texas.

I'm not trying to be smart, just wondering which SA game you saw? Now, I'm trying to be smart. So your saying if we had some smart athletes we would be ok? Just checking.

GO WOLVES !!!!!!!!!

Keep talking Wolves

Hey Lions, according to these folks, you shouldn't even bother showing up Thursday because you don't stand a chance against their superior size and speed. It's not your fault that your district (no offense Rogers and Lexington) has NO speed. Times are tough so maybe staying home and saving the money it would take to make the trip on a school night might be for the best.

I know some of the posters are some of the boys that will be lined up against you Thursday. Remember that when you are on the field. The others are just older wannabes that didn't make their HS team and had to run water onto the field during timeouts

Let their mouths and disrespect fuel you come Thursday

That's if you decide to make the trip!

Same can be said about u footballfan...who are you to run down people you don't even know...make the drive on over to EAST texas..kinda...and see how they play ball in the woods...get ready to be hit harder than ever and chase farther than ever...or watch this happen i should say assuming your not a kid also....SA wins this one in blowout fashion just as Franklin has onside kicked up 60 points to score again late in the fourth quarter

oh and good luck...going to need it

I'm not trying to be smart, just wondering which SA game you saw? Now, I'm trying to be smart. So your saying if we had some smart athletes we would be ok? Just checking.

GO WOLVES !!!!!!!!!

I was at the game against new waverly. And there's just a lot of people saying that san augustine is going to pummel franklin because they are so much more athletic and they haven't seen anyone like SA...I didn't mean it as a knock that SA didn't have smart players and I know it came out that way, but I would definety say that they play sloppy football compared to franklin.

I was at the game against new waverly. And there's just a lot of people saying that san augustine is going to pummel franklin because they are so much more athletic and they haven't seen anyone like SA...I didn't mean it as a knock that SA didn't have smart players and I know it came out that way, but I would definety say that they play sloppy football compared to franklin.

I will definitely agree with you on part of this post. The Wolves had a very sloppy game against NW. Like I said earlier, these two teams are very capable or they wouldn't be where they are now. Thay are two different teams. We will just have to wait and see how they match up Thursday night.

GO WOLVES !!!!!!!!!

Hey Franklin, just wondering, do you have any football championships notch out on your belt?

I'm not sure they if they have any but unless they are letting former players suit up I don't know that it matters much on Thursday night.

hmmm btw doesnt east texas own 2a over say the last few years. think so. SA is very much improved. with only four seniors. will be a beast in 1a next year. good luck to franklin and SA. the game will be settle on field

History is a subject best taught in school. While I can agree tradition is a great thing to have, you can't put a helmet on it and tell it to tackle someone. Last year if the boys from Lexington would have believed all the posts about how great West Rusk and Corrigan Camden were we wouldn't have even shown up to play. Best of luck to both teams but selfishly I would like to see our district pull this one out. Go Lions.

Franklin may beat SA, I hope not, but they may, but SA would hve still been a playoff team in your district......but what you said about CC maybe not getting past Centerville....that's ####. If CC comes to play, they beat Centerville by 40+. They are probably the best team in this region.

Best of luck to the Wolves on Thursday, pulling for my old coaching commrade Coach Hubbard to keep them calm and just play the game. Personally I feel tradition has nothing to do with this current team, due to the past seasons they have endured. On the other hand they have the opportunity to create a new atmosphere of self respect for their hard work and season accomplishments. Stay hungry and never be satisfied with where you are at, forget the past, forego looking at the future and seize the moment at hand, because today you control your own destiny. Go get 'em Wolf Pack!

Well SA is better than CC as indicated by the district championship. The East Texas mentality of having superior atheletes is due to the overwhelming domination in track. CC is the reigning state champs in track and they did not have more speed than SA though they probably have the single fastest player in the state. #20 has legitimate speed but the rest of the team is slow at best. They clearly play hard which is displayed by the fact they are in the second round. But getting fat on and running up scores on the weak sisters of central Texas will not help them this week. The 160 lb linemen and 5.0 40 secondary will be overmatched tomorrow. And when they finally get ready for running fast break up the court you will want no part of that either.

Well SA is better than CC as indicated by the district championship. The East Texas mentality of having superior atheletes is due to the overwhelming domination in track. CC is the reigning state champs in track and they did not have more speed than SA though they probably have the single fastest player in the state. #20 has legitimate speed but the rest of the team is slow at best. They clearly play hard which is displayed by the fact they are in the second round. But getting fat on and running up scores on the weak sisters of central Texas will not help them this week. The 160 lb linemen and 5.0 40 secondary will be overmatched tomorrow. And when they finally get ready for running fast break up the court you will want no part of that either.

I think it is amusing that sa thinks they are so much better than the rest of the world, what about number 10 that went for 92 yards to tie the game but got a hometown penalty that called it back against cc. SA scored on fluke plays and were shut out the second half, corrigan wins 9 out of 10 meetings, i know that sounds cliche but oh well, franklin has one of the most disciplened off lines ive seen and are very well coached, I think they win the game. But i understand, its been a up and down last few yrs in SA they need something to be happy about i guess, by the way new waverly would win in a rematch against SA too. Go NW bulldawgs. I would like to see SA win so we can play them in third round if we beat lexington.

Franklin may beat SA, I hope not, but they may, but SA would hve still been a playoff team in your district......but what you said about CC maybe not getting past Centerville....that's ####. If CC comes to play, they beat Centerville by 40+. They are probably the best team in this region.

I don't know if you know this, but Franklin was the 3rd place team in their district and will probably beat SA, so therefore they would not have been a playoff team in that district. In fact I don't think they could beat Thorndale who ended up finishing 4th in that district. And there is NO way that CC is probably the best team in the region. If they get past Centerville it will be the end of the road for them for sure against Arp or Rogers.

I don't know if you know this, but Franklin was the 3rd place team in their district and will probably beat SA, so therefore they would not have been a playoff team in that district. In fact I don't think they could beat Thorndale who ended up finishing 4th in that district. And there is NO way that CC is probably the best team in the region. If they get past Centerville it will be the end of the road for them for sure against Arp or Rogers.

Franklin has one of the toughest districts in region 3 fella, if cc, sa and nw were in a district with rogers, lexington and franklin the first three i mentioned could have been playing basketball right know, but that is why u play the game anything can happen. I just think people should realize that u got lexington who went to the state title game, rogers who got beat in the 3rd round and franklin who almost beat corrigan in area last year in the same district, sounds tough. U must be drinkin some bootleg moonshine if you think franklin looses to thorndale bootleg.