Gilmer vs Van

ETSportsfan87

• Replies 656
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What in the world happened. I don't guess I ever saw anyone get really ugly with someone else on here,,, why did the thread get cancelled. And I don't need specifics,,, just was someone being ugly or belittling someone else? Wow,,,, I hate it,, don't know why we can't keep things within the rules.

I'm with you. I didn't think anyone got outa line. Anyway... The Buckeyes will win!

The homers on both sides are predictably predicting victory for their respective teams, which is understandable and I am no exception.

Note, however, that the objective posts, the ones coming from people who are from other towns, are predicting Gilmer to win.

Gilmer will win this game. The only question in my mind is whether it will be close or not. My gut tells me close.

I remember that play now that you mention it. I had forgotten about it. I remember him getting up, and looking at Luke like,,, "Where did "that" train come from." LOL He didn't seem like he "liked" getting hit that way,,, but he don't mind laying someone else out.

Question Van fans,,,,: Do you guys get a lot of the,, "Santos plays dirty" talk? I was just wondering. I know he plays rough,, but that's football. If you can bring it you bring it. But I heard someone say that he plays dirty. He's been kicked out of more than one ballgame hasn't he? Just curious. I'm not knockin' the kid,, and not trying to stir something up. Just asking an honest question. Does he stretch the limits a little? And I'm asking fans who watch him play week in,,, week out.

I dont think he plays dirty, just with a lot of heart. Reminds me a lot of Ryan Epperson from Brownsboro a few years ago, or Caleb Lavey. Just a big, strong, quick guy who cant shut his motor down in time occasionally. He definitely is not afraid to get physical. Believe it or not, most of the cheap shots I have seen him involved in were against him. Some players will resort to off handed tactics if they are getting beat.

All that being said, on the ejection I think he just let his emotions get the better of him. I'm pretty sure he has only been ejected once ever, but I could be wrong.

Anyone remember last year when Luke threw an interception to Santos only to knock Santos silly as he tried to return the pick? There were a lot of oooohhs after Luke hit him.

Turner did put the hurt on him, but I was more impressed with Santos' athleticism on the pick. Go back and look at that video. Very athletic play for someone his size.

Gilmer is gonna go into this game thinking they have already won the game, so as a result, I am taking the Van Vandals in a close win in this game!

I can only think of one time when Gilmer went into a game thinking they had already won. That would be in 2003 against Rains in Gilmer. It was close at halftime,Gilmer won in the second half. I don't see that happening in this game. BTW Gilmer won that game 56 to 14.

am i alloudded to be on here....my last post ain't...nothing wrong with it

Sure thing, Jackpots just go easy on those stupid little people you use to use all the time. As for what happened with the vanishing and then reappearing threads, my guess is aliens done it.... I bet if we keep it civil all will stay good and we can watch Van finally beat Gilmer Friday night, what do you think about that Jackpots ??

Sure thing, Jackpots just go easy on those stupid little people you use to use all the time. As for what happened with the vanishing and then reappearing threads, my guess is aliens done it.... I bet if we keep it civil all will stay good and we can watch Van finally beat Gilmer Friday night, what do you think about that Jackpots ??

Aliens, maybe. Cyber-terrorists twas my guess. If they had it out for us Texans, what better way to get us than to go jackin with our football?

Oh, and did anybody notice that the original thread was titled "Van vs Gilmer" and it came back titled "Gilmer vs Van" ? Ha ha!

Keep this thread civil and on topic.

If you have a problem with a staff member feel free to send a PM to any of us addressing the issue. If you have a problem with a particular post that is made by a user then click the "Report!" button to the bottom left of their post (just under their username and profile information).

However DO NOT post your displeasure/mockery of a moderator or another user publicly. Doing so will result in a three day suspension on your first offense. I have briefed this thread (all 9 pages as of now) and it has come to my attention that several of you didn't stay on topic. I believe you have each been told.

Again, if you have any questions or problems our inboxes are always open.

Thank you,

-delap

I dont think he plays dirty, just with a lot of heart. Reminds me a lot of Ryan Epperson from Brownsboro a few years ago, or Caleb Lavey. Just a big, strong, quick guy who cant shut his motor down in time occasionally. He definitely is not afraid to get physical. Believe it or not, most of the cheap shots I have seen him involved in were against him. Some players will resort to off handed tactics if they are getting beat.

All that being said, on the ejection I think he just let his emotions get the better of him. I'm pretty sure he has only been ejected once ever, but I could be wrong.

seen him play numerous times.. he does play dirty.

i'm a little scarred to say muck....so many people seem to dislack me they might turn me in....when i was suspenned last year for calling that idiot a idiot it was a long week to get back

Why would anyone get upset @ you telling the truth...political correctness

Van in an upset. There is nothing out there like playing Dalton Santos. He looks like the next Chicago Bears MLB. with him they will be hard to beat. When Van lost to Lindale it was all Van till Santos got ejected. He is the most dominate football player in the country if you ask me.

Uh........let's see, he was ejected on a play that Lindale scored a TD on to go up 14-7, so that makes it all Van up to that point?