District 18-2a

hoosierdady

I think what they are not saying is in so many words is that the Winnsboro/Edgewood game will not even be close. They are not giving Winnsboro a chance and that Edgewood has it before they even sat foot on the court. The other game will be a contest from start until finish.

We will have to wait and see how much they really do know or just supporting their team to a fault.

Sounds like they were right BRF.

• Replies 604
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Grand Saline 54, Alba Golden 44

Quitman 52, Como Pickton 48

Edgewood 69, Winnsboro 40

Lone Oak 42, Mineola 32

Edgewood 8-1

Winnsboro 7-2

Grand Saline 6-3

Alba-Golden 5-4

Quitman 4-5

Mineola 3-6

Lone Oak 2-9

Como Pickton 1-8

Quitman @ Winnsboro

Edgewood @ Grand Saline

Mineola vs Alba Golden

Lone Oak vs Como Pickton

Im excited about the gs game now ewood has to play a hot gs team in gs cant wait! Im taking gs,quitman in the upset,alba,and como

Let's see..... GS is hot right now. Winnsboro and Edgewood were the last two teams to beat GS. Edgewood has not lost since they beat GS the first time. So I would imagine they are the hotter team right now. Especially since they just beat the front runners Winnsboro. I am feeling that Edgewood wins against GS and then Winnsboro beats them in the next game.

Look at it this way.... GS beats Edgewood. This would give more value to the game against Winnsboro.

If GS wins the next two (Edgewood and Winnsboro) they SHOULD make the playoffs. If they lose the next 2, things will get messy for the 3rd seed.

Quitman really needs GS to lose at least 1. Quitman is not playing bad ball right now.

Against mineola we were up about 8 with 3 minutes and went to a stall. Ended up turning it over every time and losing on a buzzerbeater 3. And our post sat out because of ISS

Against Edgewood our best player had 2 points and 11 turnovers. We were up 6 with 3 minutes left and lost. Once again, stall offense didn't work and a 3 with 5 seconds left. Plus missed free throws that would of put us in OT or maybe won.

Coach finally got rid of the stall offense against como but we missed free throws so only ended up winning by 4.

We have already beat winnsboro once in non district. Then we have to go to GS and AG. Not going to be an easy road but I got my fingers crossed!!!

If GS wins the next two (Edgewood and Winnsboro) they SHOULD make the playoffs. If they lose the next 2, things will get messy for the 3rd seed.

Quitman really needs GS to lose at least 1. Quitman is not playing bad ball right now. Good luck against winny hope y'all pull it out

Against mineola we were up about 8 with 3 minutes and went to a stall. Ended up turning it over every time and losing on a buzzerbeater 3. And our post sat out because of ISS

Against Edgewood our best player had 2 points and 11 turnovers. We were up 6 with 3 minutes left and lost. Once again, stall offense didn't work and a 3 with 5 seconds left. Plus missed free throws that would of put us in OT or maybe won.

Coach finally got rid of the stall offense against como but we missed free throws so only ended up winning by 4.

We have already beat winnsboro once in non district. Then we have to go to GS and AG. Not going to be an easy road but I got my fingers crossed!!!

Quitman really needs GS to lose at least 1. Quitman is not playing bad ball right

Good luck against winny hope yall pull it out

Edgewood barley beat quitman...and it looks like winnsborros luck finally ran out...gs can beat ewood easily they've proved it already they just gotta finish...in two days itll show

Keep on thinking that! I think the tide has turned and Edgewood rolls right through the Indians.

Like they did quitman haha thats what everyone said would happen the first time and gs was leading by like 20 at a time in the game...

I understand GS led by 12. Maybe you remember things bigger..... Either way Edgewood got it done when needed. Maybe you take the game on Tues. and you can boast how good you are again. I do not worry about the polls like you seem to. Recognition is one thing. But you were lobbying for it earlier in the season when you haven't even played anyone of note. Just accept my apologizes that I overlooked you too.

If it makes you feel better. I made a mistake thinking we beat you without our best player. I noticed last night that Jameson showed up in the stats for that game. If he did play back then and is not now ..... then you might have a better chance of winning. I would hate for you to lose to Edgewood without him playing. What would that say about them then?

I understand GS led by 12. Maybe you remember things bigger..... Either way Edgewood got it done when needed. Maybe you take the game on Tues. and you can boast how good you are again. I do not worry about the polls like you seem to. Recognition is one thing. But you were lobbying for it earlier in the season when you haven't even played anyone of note. Just accept my apologizes that I overlooked you too.

If it makes you feel better. I made a mistake thinking we beat you without our best player. I noticed last night that Jameson showed up in the stats for that game. If he did play back then and is not now ..... then you might have a better chance of winning. I would hate for you to lose to Edgewood without him playing. What would that say about them then?

Jameson has not played any district games. We played them 1st game an he already had broke hand

Jameson has not played any district games. We played them 1st game an he already had broke hand

Thanks QDogs05. I had gone back and looked and thought I had seen he was on the stats. Originally I thought he got hurt right before we played White Oak. That might have been a good game had he played. But you go with what you got. District has a lot of games but it goes rather quickly. Best of luck.

Quitman @ Winnsboro...Winnsboro continues to spiral, I got Quitman.

Edgewood @ Grand Saline...No over-time needed, Grand Saline wins at home.

Alba Golden @ Mineola...A-G stays in the play-off hunt with a win.

Lone Oak @ Como Pickton...I'm going with C-P just because there at home.

In the debate over Grand Saline vs Edgewood, the first meeting in Edgewood on January 6 Grand Saline led by 9 points at least twice in the game. The first 9 point lead (20-11), was at 3:14 left in the 2nd quarter. The Bulldogs closed the gap with 59 seconds left in 2nd quarter with Grand Saline still in the lead (21-20).

In the 3rd quarter Grand Saline took another 9 point lead with 4:59 left in the quarter (33- 24). Edgewood tie the game early in the 4th quarter. Both teams went back and fourth until the game went to overtime. Jameson did not play against Grand Saline. Edgewood's leading scorer, Tyler Germany - 12 points, with Eugene Dillard adding 11 points.

This week Grand Saline should win both games (Edgewood & Winnsboro). Josue Cruz is hitting almost every three pointer he attempts. Akins and Tuttle are usually the top two scorers. Latta can be brutal from underneath the basket, he gets it done if they get him the ball. Shayne Neal and John Corrales both nail 3 point shots randomly at the most unexpected times. Follow up cast members Savallo, Phelps, Cleere, and Truett can all deliver when they are in the game. Neither EW or WN have as much depth.

In the debate over Grand Saline vs Edgewood, the first meeting in Edgewood on January 6 Grand Saline led by 9 points at least twice in the game. The first 9 point lead (20-11), was at 3:14 left in the 2nd quarter. The Bulldogs closed the gap with 59 seconds left in 2nd quarter with Grand Saline still in the lead (21-20).

In the 3rd quarter Grand Saline took another 9 point lead with 4:59 left in the quarter (33- 24). Edgewood tie the game early in the 4th quarter. Both teams went back and fourth until the game went to overtime. Jameson did not play against Grand Saline. Edgewood's leading scorer, Tyler Germany - 12 points, with Eugene Dillard adding 11 points.

This week Grand Saline should win both games (Edgewood & Winnsboro). Josue Cruz is hitting almost every three pointer he attempts. Akins and Tuttle are usually the top two scorers. Latta can be brutal from underneath the basket, he gets it done if they get him the ball. Shayne Neal and John Corrales both nail 3 point shots randomly at the most unexpected times. Follow up cast members Savallo, Phelps, Cleere, and Truett can all deliver when they are in the game. Neither EW or WN have as much depth.

Neither Winny or GS has the coaching EW does. Give me EW to win the rest of the district games.

Give THE WINNSBORO COACH TIME. He is building on something. He just needs a few more quality players to go with what he already has.

EDGEWOOD has always been and will always be a basketball town and school. Winnsboro is trying to build an all around good program. There are strides being made in that area.

Give THE WINNSBORO COACH TIME. He is building on something. He just needs a few more quality players to go with what he already has.

EDGEWOOD has always been and will always be a basketball town and school. Winnsboro is trying to build an all around good program. There are strides being made in that area.

I saw the game on Friday night. Winny had the better athletes on the floor. Hey, I am not knocking winny. I think their girls are good.

grand saline had two starters out and played most the game with two freshman cause of injuries...cruz being one of the starters that keeps draining the threes and his ball control...gs defense came to play i hope they play like that tommorow if they do ewood will lose by 20

I think either way it will be a close game... Watched Ewood play winnsboro Friday night and they were flying all over the place chasing after loose #### and forcing turnovers. THeir shooting isnt what it has been in years past but, they still can score!!! But not ruling out GS at all... Should be a good game!!!!

Loose B A L L S apparently is a bad word?