Best basketball team to ever come out of East Texas?

AllRRV

Darrin "Bay" Terry. Played at A&M, won a National Championship at Oklahoma City University, and played proffesionally in Europe if im not mistaken. Dude could jump out of the gym and shoot your eyes out. His accolades in high school are too many for me to remember. One that sticks out in my memory is he beat Larry Johnson in the slam dunk competition at the Whataburger All Star tourney. Been a long time so details are sketchy but he was something else.

Darrin "Bay" Terry. Played at A&M, won a National Championship at Oklahoma City University, and played proffesionally in Europe if im not mistaken. Dude could jump out of the gym and shoot your eyes out. His accolades in high school are too many for me to remember. One that sticks out in my memory is he beat Larry Johnson in the slam dunk competition at the Whataburger All Star tourney. Been a long time so details are sketchy but he was something else.

Bay was very good I would agree he is best I ever seen and can still play.

You quik on the trigger tonite.

Zeke wasn't too bad either. Best ball handler I ever saw was Willie Bean from Hughes Springs. His pre-game warm up was the best part of the game.

I thought of Wesley and Darrin Terry immediately. Played against Terry - I am a pretty tall guy and could touch the top of the square. I went up with Terry, jumped as high as I could, and fouled him on the forearm. People probably forget that year ('87) that Queen City went 30-something and 3. All 3 losses were to Hughes Springs - 2 in district and then the regional final.

However, the best BB player out of East Texas was Terry Teagle from Broaddus. The discussion should be over.

I thought of Wesley and Darrin Terry immediately. Played against Terry - I am a pretty tall guy and could touch the top of the square. I went up with Terry, jumped as high as I could, and fouled him on the forearm. People probably forget that year ('87) that Queen City went 30-something and 3. All 3 losses were to Hughes Springs - 2 in district and then the regional final.

However, the best BB player out of East Texas was Terry Teagle from Broaddus. The discussion should be over.

Correct on Terry Teagle.....

What was the brothers from QC? Collier ?or Collins? Eddie Jones from HS was MONEY in the paint as well!

Pat Mahomes went pro in baseball out of hs but ask anyone that saw him play hoops at Lindale and they will tell ya he is one of the best ever..He had a full ride offer to go to Arkansas and would have been on the team with Mayberry,Thurman and company. He had an offer to play football at Stanford as well. Amazing hs athlete.