Best basketball team to ever come out of East Texas?

AllRRV

Courtney Taylor from crockett! Two-time C-USA Player of the Year...Three-time C-USA First Team selection...2011 C-USA Defensive Player of the Year...Three-time C-USA All-Defensive Team selection...2007-08 C-USA All-Freshman Team selection...School record holder and ranks second in C-USA history in career double-doubles (60) and rebounds (1,171).plays at the University of Houston.

Do not think you can formulate a girl's list without Stephanie Whitmore of DF on it. Best probably not. As Good.....No doubt. And survived being raised in the Blue Front.

Played golf with John Beasely several times in DF in the 60's. What impressed me about him as a pro athlete was he never appeared to act better than where he came from. Nice guy. His sister was one of my good friend's stepmom. Linden has a deep history of athletes and musicians.

Over the last thirty some odd years, I remember seeing two particular kids play that when I watched them for the first time I remember thinking to myself that this kid would play for money one day ..... TERRY TEAGLE of Broaddus and CLAUDE RILEY of Crockett .... Riley had another teammate with him at post that was also a handful, but he ended up playing pro football instead.

When you formulate lists of HS athletes the only standard you can use is how they did once they played at the next level. That is where my classmate Zembra Everett gets overlooked. Nice career at DF where even then FB did not let good BB players develop but set Austin on its ear when he went to St. Edwards. Set several BB conference records and then went on to do it in Baseball, even throwing No Hitters. His brother Warren played on a full ride at Arizona State.

For the DF guys.........Zembra has moved from Calif. to Phoenix and has enjoyed a successful career in the wholesale liquor business. He remains a neat guy.

Sedric Johnson Arp. Playing football on scholarship as we speak. But this kid could play some basketball.

# 23

Sedrick was good,,,He was better his sophmore year when they won state....His sr. year he was too bulked up(for basketball)and wasn't as quick and his skill level had fallen off.

1992 Longview Lobos

5A State Champions

6 players went on to play college basketball (not counting a guy named Bobby Taylor who was 5A player of the year but chose another route)

Think about that for a minute. This team had 2 guys on the bench at all times that were good enough to play in college but weren't good enough to start for their high school team.

There are several comments that have been made regarding players that have been mentioned and how they weren't very good in HS so they aren't the best. Well, the title of the thread is, "Best basketball player to ever come out of East Texas"...not to play in East Texas.

That said, I still stick with David Wesley and re-ask my same question I asked earlier...Is there anyone else to come out of East Texas to accomplish what he did? So far, I haven't seen anyone mentioned.

I would have to go with the 77 Daingerfield Tigers as well. I was a young 7 year old watching these guys with afros out the roof dunking on everyone. 3 of them went on to play NFL. Another went and played for Arizona State in basketball.

What does that have to do with theirs or the teams basketball success? Just wondering.

Sedric Johnson Arp. Playing football on scholarship as we speak. But this kid could play some basketball.

# 23

he went to ok state right? i believe he graduated the year jefferson lost to arp in the 3rd round of the bball playoffs.

What does that have to do with theirs or the teams basketball success? Just wondering.

Typical Longview response about anything referencing Daingerfield. That' what you do in Loboland, wonder or is it wander.