Celina vs Henderson

bigorange

Abraham Lincoln didnt play football. LOL

Why doesn't this response surprise me? Ha ha. Not bad though. At least you didn't ask who in the heck Abraham Lincoln is or attempt to denigrate his coaching ability! Since he hailed from the north I suspect that degrading comments regarding his district may be the next line of banter however.

• Replies 871
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Who the heck is Prestonwood? Are they in the playoffs? Are they the defending state champions? NO!!!

Like I said about Argyle yall have not played anyone credible, and its not Celina's fault yall play who is on yalls schedule I now, but you cant compare a no name 3A team to Henderson.

Celina has a great program and alot of history, but playing teams in the metroplex compaired to playing teams in east texas is totaly diffrent. Strength of schedule plays a big part in having your kids battle tested and ready for those grind you out games, and Henderson has had those games this year agianst quality teams. Celina has not.

Celina is probably my favorite team in the dallas area, but yall will not beat Henderson.

What does it feel like to be a #### idiot? Prestonwood is the defending state champs in D1 Private schools. They are as talented as they get. They may not be from East Texas but they are good. It sounds crazy but there are teams from outside of east texas who have talent.

What does it feel like to be a #### idiot? Prestonwood is the defending state champs in D1 Private schools. They are as talented as they get. They may not be from East Texas but they are good. It sounds crazy but there are teams from outside of east texas who have talent.

Private school! lol!

not real christian school of you.

OK, that makes sense why I dont know who they are,because they are a private school. Gilmer does not play private schools. They prefer competition.

Once agian my point, strength of schedule. Henderson has it, and Celina does not.

They are not your typical private school. Massive lines, 3 recievers over 6'4, a GREAT quarterback. They are very, very good.

Ive seen them and henderson on film multiple times. Henderson cant hang with them

your comparing teams off of different opponents. They may look unstoppable against there other little private schools but dont say that the state champs cant hang with a champion private school,!

cmonman.jpg

OK, that makes sense why I dont know who they are,because they are a private school. Gilmer does not play private schools. They prefer competition.

Once agian my point, strength of schedule. Henderson has it, and Celina does not.

Prestonwood would easily be a top 10 team in 3a, maybe even top 5. They are NOT your typical private school. They have ALOT of talent

You east Texas people are just plan ridiculous and about as clueless as it gets. Prestonwood doesn't just play other private schools and not to mention they can and do recruite. Michael Ervins son plays for them they have a ton of athletes. I've seen Henderson in personandvon film. I have seen Prestonwood in person and on film, Prestonwood would beat Henderson 7 out of 10 times. Prestonwood is a lot bigger numbers wise and size wise. Prestonwood has giant receivers that can run and jump. Prestonwoods qb has a cannon for an arm and can put the ball wherever he pleases. Prestonwoods defense is better also, bigger and much more physical.

I realize you east TX people will schoff, but I have had the luxury of seeing Henderson and Prestonwood play and Prestonwood is better in all phases.

You east Texas people are just plan ridiculous and about as clueless as it gets. Prestonwood doesn't just play other private schools and not to mention they can and do recruite. Michael Ervins son plays for them they have a ton of athletes. I've seen Henderson in personandvon film. I have seen Prestonwood in person and on film, Prestonwood would beat Henderson 7 out of 10 times. Prestonwood is a lot bigger numbers wise and size wise. Prestonwood has giant receivers that can run and jump. Prestonwoods qb has a cannon for an arm and can put the ball wherever he pleases. Prestonwoods defense is better also, bigger and much more physical.

I realize you east TX people will schoff, but I have had the luxury of seeing Henderson and Prestonwood play and Prestonwood is better in all phases.

well ### let us recruit and we'll beat the #### outta everybody too! it dont work that way tho! end of story, you just ended your case for Prestonwood.

well ### let us recruit and we'll beat the #### outta everybody too! it dont work that way tho! end of story, you just ended your case for Prestonwood.

No may case for Prestonwood just got started with you saying that. Do you see now why they are so good, but yet yall act like they are just some slouch private school. They recruite and get some of the best players they can. They even tried to recruite one of our players this year that is gonna be one good ball player next year. He is just a sophmore and would be starting, but there are some seniors that start ahead of him. Anyways you proved my point that they are good yes they recruite and they have some absolute beast on their team.

No may case for Prestonwood just got started with you saying that. Do you see now why they are so good, but yet yall act like they are just some slouch private school. They recruite and get some of the best players they can. They even tried to recruite one of our players this year that is gonna be one good ball player next year. He is just a sophmore and would be starting, but there are some seniors that start ahead of him. Anyways you proved my point that they are good yes they recruite and they have some absolute beast on their team.

dude, you make no sense. your trying to compare UIL with private schools. you cant recruit in UIL so there's nothing to compare.

I dont think Henderson is overlooking Celina....or atleast I hope not. I can count on one hand the number of East Texas teams that had success against Celina. Those teams being Carthage(49-37) in 2008 3A title game, Gilmer (45-22) in 2003 Area playoff game and Daingerfield in 2002 Area playoff game 21-20 in which Celina's winning streak was snapped. There were numerous others that left shaking their heads after playing the Bobcats, myself being one of them after the 2005 2A title game. Celina beat my Pewitt Brahmas 28-12, after trailing 12-7 at the half. Im still hurting over that one....lol. Celina turned back some great teams from East Texas: Pleasant Grove - 2008 REG, Pittsburg - 2007 REG finals, Canton - 2006 REG & Brownsboro in 2006 QTR's. In 2005 they beat DeKalb in Area game & Paul Pewitt in 2A title game. During Celina's 4 straight 2A Championship run they beat Garrison in 2001 title game, Cooper in REG finals, Mart in 2000 title game, Grand Saline in 1999 REG finals & Elysian Fields in 1999 title game. They beat the same 2 the year before: Grand Saline in 1998 REG finals & E.F. in title game. Celina doesnt always have the best athlete's or the best team, but somehow they find a way to win. Good Luck Henderson. Win one for East Texas! But beware, Celina hasnt won a Championship since 2007 - They're due !

dude, you make no sense. your trying to compare UIL with private schools. you cant recruit in UIL so there's nothing to compare.

I make perfect sense they recruite awesome players which generally makes them an out standing team. In other words they have way better athletes usually then most 3a and a lot of 4a schools which makes them hard as hell to beat. Do you get my point yet? They have better players more talent and we have beaten them 2 years in a row and barley this year. You east Tx people are saying we havent played anybody, but we have played the best private school in Texas who has 6 d1 players and we have beat them.