Celina vs Henderson

bigorange

Why the heck do you keep pumping up Prestonwood? We don't care. This thread is about Henderson vs. Celina. The defending state champs who play in the most difficult district in Texas regardless of class against the state record 8-time champs who are 11-0 this year. That's plenty to talk about. Stick to the point of the thread. We ain't overlooking nobody and it will be real cool if we beat Celina as famous and accomplished as their program is. We respect yall's program's history and your team this year. It's gonna be a great game to watch and we can't wait. I myself am glad to get to see Raulerson in person. Jake you would look real good in Burnt Orange in a couple years. \m/ The best team on Friday night will win and that's that. If one of these teams wins state this year they will have earned it. Henderson would have probably gone through Paris-Lindale-Celina-Alvarado-Chapel Hill. Celina would probably go through Lovejoy-Henderson-Alvarado-Chapel Hill. Sanger was a pushover, but other than that those are 2 really tough possible playoff runs.

I brought Prestonwood up because some of your buddies over there said we played nobody and Prestonwwod would roll most 3a teams and would be fighting for a title if they were in 3a uil.

• Replies 871
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The funny thing is we could have played 5A Allen or 5A Euless Trinity and you guys would still say the same garbage. Its impossible to show yall any different because we are not in east tx were they play real football.

Speaking of Trinity, I bet the east Texas bunch can't do this:

On second thought, the thought of them actually doing this (especially Adeline) just got the best of me.

Speaking of Trinity, I bet the east Texas bunch can't do this:

On second thought, the thought of them doing this (especially Adeline) just got the best of me.

LOL oh boy that would be a sight. I could see all the Carthage and Henderson people in the stands with their Banjos playing while the players dance haha haha lol.

And you missed the point of the video on JMark. It was last years, but the point is you could see his ability, speed, and vision, regardless of the quality of the opponent, and that it was last year's team. It was shown as a courtesy, for heaven's sake.

Its impossible regal Jamark is not from east tx so he is obviously no true talent. I hope they continue to think garbage like this because he gonna burn them up.

I brought Prestonwood up because some of your buddies over there said we played nobody and Prestonwwod would roll most 3a teams and would be fighting for a title if they were in 3a uil.

Yeah then you say something even more stupid and irrelevant like if Celina had played Allen or Trinity we'd say the same thing. No we wouldn't. Allen and Trinity would beat Celina and Henderson BOTH by about 70. Or more. We aren't a bunch of dumb hicks. Trust me we all know exactly who and where Prestonwood is and we know our football. We are from the part of Texas that raised up Earl Campbell, David Overstreet, Billy Sims, Adrian Peterson, and on and on. And in H-town we love our Lions. Our district has won state five times in the last three years. Your school has won it 8 times total. That's a bunch all the way around. And it makes for a great Texas high school football game this week. That said, we respect your team but fully intend to mudhole yall Friday night. :-) We will ALWAYS be the first team that ever won state at Cowboys Stadium. We are just feeling a little greedy and want to be always be the first team to win TWO state championships there forever, too.

LOL oh boy that would be a sight. I could see all the Carthage and Henderson people in the stands with their Banjos playing while the players dance haha haha lol.

I don't know a single person in Henderson who plays the banjo. And that haka dance is for them in Useless. But we can teach yall how to Dougie Friday night, but since you say yall are a bunch of slow metroplex white boys it might take several lessons.

Outstanding Orange! With that in mind, I have contacted the Mansfield theater to have them give out free tickets to a special showing of "Deliverance" Friday night to anybody with less than five teeth. I believe this will free up a lot of space in the opposing stands and keep most of the rabid posters here occupied during the game!

I don't know a single person in Henderson who plays the banjo. And that haka dance is for them in Useless. But we can teach yall how to Dougie Friday night, but since you say yall are a bunch of slow metroplex white boys it might take several lessons.

We are slow so very slow. We need to stop lifting weights so much and run a lot I guess cause we are just so slow. I bet their is somebody in Henderson who can play the banjo hee haw!!!!

Outstanding Orange! With that in mind, I have contacted the Mansfield theater to have them give out free tickets to a special showing of "Deliverance" Friday night to anybody with less than five teeth. I believe this will free up a lot of space in the opposing stands and keep most of the rabid posters here occupied during the game!

Thats wrong but friggin funny!

finally a voice of reason, I'm excited people back their team, but some folks are already declaring victory and act like this is Celina's first rodeo. I have no doubt that this will be a tough game for both teams, but it gets old listening to people talk about how slow we are basically saying we are a bunch of Metro white boys and yes metroplex football has been stated.

your not even from celina dude...stop saying "we"

Celina can pass the ball if needed our qb threw for around 1300 yards and that might not seem like a lot to many, but thats a ton for Celina. We havent really had to pass the ball much in the playoffs. Our qb who is only a freshman can burn you with his leg he is fast and makes good choices and doesnt set himself up to get punished. He has the Mike Vick style going for him, he can throw if needed and run when needed.

I feel the game will be won on the line of scrimmage and if our runningback is back and 100% we just got real dangerous because he is a beast. Our defensive line has had their way with Sanger and Lovejoy. #55 Jake Raulerson the nose tackle requires a double team everytime, if you dont double him he will blow up the backfield.

I doubt it happens, but what if Henderson commits to shutting down the run and it happens?? What then, are you going to lean on a freshman that has averaged 100yds a game passing. Henderson is extremely talented and can lite up the scoreboard. Celina's best bet is going to be to play their game and not throw the ball unless they need to keep the safeties back. If they try to run with them it won't be to their favor. Smash them and gash them and you can beat them.

As far as speed goes, I will also give that nod to Henderson. There is a difference is clocked/track speed and football speed. Henderson plays extremely fast, but you beat speed by running right at it with force.

I doubt it happens, but what if Henderson commits to shutting down the run and it happens?? What then, are you going to lean on a freshman that has averaged 100yds a game passing. Henderson is extremely talented and can lite up the scoreboard. Celina's best bet is going to be to play their game and not throw the ball unless they need to keep the safeties back. If they try to run with them it won't be to their favor. Smash them and gash them and you can beat them.

As far as speed goes, I will also give that nod to Henderson. There is a difference is clocked/track speed and football speed. Henderson plays extremely fast, but you beat speed by running right at it with force.

dont waste your time with this dude

And you missed the point of the video on JMark. It was last years, but the point is you could see his ability, speed, and vision, regardless of the quality of the opponent, and that it was last year's team. It was shown as a courtesy, for heaven's sake.

No I gave you the credit for the video and the kids ability but come on man, Joe could run on those guys.

Joe-Swanson-image.png

Still I know my history and I know its some Celina in there too, I honor the fact that all the state titles for you guys have all come in the last 20 years (unlike some schools that are stuck in the 30's and 40's) but that video just made me think... Man, those guys y'all are playing look like they don't have a clue!

why wont it let me pm you mafia

let you do what to me? whoa now you gotta take me to the LSU game on friday first buddy lol.

Nah but seriously I dont know what you're talking about. I just post my life on the internet. Don't really think about all the extra stuff on here lol!

Geaux Tigers! AND GEAUX HENDERSON LIONS!!!

I have no dog in this fight. We were 1 and done against Lindale 38-28....Our team got better throughout the season as we lost to Lindale 49-13 in sept. With that being said I would like to believe we became that much better as a team. I have never seen Henderson play, but I assure you it took something out of Lindale to beat us the week before, it was a back and forth game till the 4th. They were not the same team as in Sept. so it is hard for me to know how good Henderson really is. Two things stick out w/ Henderson to me Henderson 21 Carthage 42 , Henderson 20 Gilmer 35 these 2 games are important because they are very recognizable teams.

And yes I have seen as many Celina games as anyone that is not from Celina ( Not this year YET...will be Friday night), mostly because they are here every year. Let me be clear to the Henderson fans ...I am not a Celina Homer, I will speak the truth.

Same lines I hear every year

1) Celina is to slow and our team is to fast.

2) Our RB's are gonna have a field day against that D-Fence

3) Our O-line and D-line are to big and strong for them

4) They are starting freshman against our seniors

Only 1 team 2008 Carthage 49-37 could match and compete with 2008 Celina's team. The difference in that ballgame was RB Dwight Smith and that fumble at the 40 yd line (That was the ball game). Still one of the all time great TX HS games.

I have watched many many many fast and talented RB's shutdown against the vaunted 10-1.

Celina will bore you to death with that 'ol 3 yds and a cloud of dust, and stuff you on D...They frustrate their opposition and break their will. They are unconventional with onside kicks, H/B passes and trick plays. Never underestimate any CELINA team. If you do it will be a long trip back home.