Celina vs Henderson

bigorange

Hey Gator....you're doing a nice job here without a lot of other Celina folks to pitch in. What has happened to everybody, or did they just get a bellyful of the nonsense? I'm taking Bobcats by 14 in this one and Argyle by the same over the Dawgs. Happy Thanksgiving..wish I could see both of these games!

Thanks. We work in shifts. Orange Machine is back on in 2 hours.

• Replies 871
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have no dog in this fight. We were 1 and done against Lindale 38-28....Our team got better throughout the season as we lost to Lindale 49-13 in sept. With that being said I would like to believe we became that much better as a team. I have never seen Henderson play, but I assure you it took something out of Lindale to beat us the week before, it was a back and forth game till the 4th. They were not the same team as in Sept. so it is hard for me to know how good Henderson really is. Two things stick out w/ Henderson to me Henderson 21 Carthage 42 , Henderson 20 Gilmer 35 these 2 games are important because they are very recognizable teams.

And yes I have seen as many Celina games as anyone that is not from Celina ( Not this year YET...will be Friday night), mostly because they are here every year. Let me be clear to the Henderson fans ...I am not a Celina Homer, I will speak the truth.

Same lines I hear every year

1) Celina is to slow and our team is to fast.

2) Our RB's are gonna have a field day against that D-Fence

3) Our O-line and D-line are to big and strong for them

4) They are starting freshman against our seniors

Only 1 team 2008 Carthage 49-37 could match and compete with 2008 Celina's team. The difference in that ballgame was RB Dwight Smith and that fumble at the 40 yd line (That was the ball game). Still one of the all time great TX HS games.

I have watched many many many fast and talented RB's shutdown against the vaunted 10-1.

Celina will bore you to death with that 'ol 3 yds and a cloud of dust, and stuff you on D...They frustrate their opposition and break their will. They are unconventional with onside kicks, H/B passes and trick plays. Never underestimate any CELINA team. If you do it will be a long trip back home.

I can't believe you think the Carthage game in 08 was close and about 1 play? Wow! They ran over, around and through Celina. The score was much closer than the actual game and it doesn't even come close to one of the best HS games in Texas. It was a yawner in the second half. Carthage may well have been one of the all-time best 3A HS teams. Also, there was more than one team that could defeat Celina that year. How bout Prosper (33-7), Whitehouse (23-22) and 2A Dangerfield (28-20)?

I wouldn't underestimate Celina, either, but I think you guys hype these Celina teams, every year. I'll bet you were saying the same things last year and the year before? I don't know if this Henderson team is that good, either. I guess we will see when the game is played. Celina should be the favorite since they are District champs, undefeated and 5th in 3A, while Henderson is 3rd in their district, has 2 losses, and is unranked.

I can't believe you think the Carthage game in 08 was close and about 1 play? Wow! They ran over, around and through Celina. The score was much closer than the actual game and it doesn't even come close to one of the best HS games in Texas. It was a yawner in the second half. Carthage may well have been one of the all-time best 3A HS teams. Also, there was more than one team that could defeat Celina that year. How bout Prosper (33-7), Whitehouse (23-22) and 2A Dangerfield (28-20)? +1 I think you guys hype these Celina teams, every year. I'll bet you were saying the same things last year and the year before? I don't know if this Henderson team is that good, either. I guess we will see when the game is played. Celina should be the favorite since they are District champs, undefeated and 5th in 3A, while Henderson is 3rd in their district, has 2 losses, and is unranked.

+1. Great post! I think your right about Celina pumping there team up every year! But hey that's what 8 rings will do. I still say henderson wins this game BIG!

Good to hear.

What did you think of the Henderson game film?

I thought the runningback looked good and given enough time Barnes looked good, but their oline is slow and didn't appear to be real aggressive.

Their defense from linebackers back looked pretty good, but again the dine looked slow and not very aggressive.

I believe Celina can do it.........they have the beef to control the line and that will be the difference........

Pops,

You really went out on the limb on that one. If any team controls the line of scrimmage, chances are they stand a good chance of winning the game. I just don't see the beef on Celina's line, since Roos went down with the injury, but they certainly are motivated and never stop until the whistle blows.

Guy from Celina sent me this.

Big Orange doesn't:

1- live in Celina

2- Have ANY ties to Celina

3- He didn't play there, go to school there, or have relatives that went to school there

4- He is a police officer in a small north texas town

5- He went to S&S, a terrible terrible football school

6- He acts like he is a Bobcat, but doesn't even live in the same county

7- He only rides our band wagon because his own high school sucked so bad

8- He does not speak for Celina........

Just thought you may want to know this.......lol

The continued personal attack on BO is pretty classless. He is entitled to support whatever team he chooses whether he lives in the town or not. Quite frankly I could care less. Why don't you share with us your background (profession, education, years in current residence, etc.) and we can determine whether you are worthy enought to support the team you choose to root for.

The continued personal attack on BO is pretty classless. He is entitled to support whatever team he chooses whether he lives in the town or not. Quite frankly I could care less. Why don't you share with us your background (profession, education, years in current residence, etc.) and we can determine whether you are worthy enought to support the team you choose to root for.

From what I understand it's Celina people that passed the info. Most don't want to be anyway associated with this guy. Honestly reminds me alot ofthe guy that poisoned the Toomers trees at Auburn. Taking this thing way too seriously to stir everyone up when he isn't even part of the Celina community. I feel sorry for you guys cuz he really is hurting the respectful way that alot of people look at y'all.

From what I understand it's Celina people that passed the info. Most don't want to be anyway associated with this guy. Honestly reminds me alot ofthe guy that poisoned the Toomers trees at Auburn. Taking this thing way too seriously to stir everyone up when he isn't even part of the Celina community. I feel sorry for you guys cuz he really is hurting the respectful way that alot of people look at y'all.

Oh good grief get over it already! I have never had a single problem that I can recall with any Celina person since I have been going to their games since 2006 and I would sure hope that if someone had an issue with me they would come directly to me and solve the problem. The issue is there are way to many people who like to start stuff and hide behind the computer or talk behind someone's back, but won't confront the person face to face and be a man. Frankly I don't care what people think about me weather they are from Celina or not I'm not trying to impress anybody I'm secure with myself. I guess if I'm so hated by so many then maybe one day someone will have enough guts to walk up to me and tell me face to face why they dislike me because I sure haven't found anybody yet to step up who hasn't hid behind a computer.

Oh good grief get over it already! I have never had a single problem that I can recall with any Celina person since I have been going to their games since 2006 and I would sure hope that if someone had an issue with me they would come directly to me and solve the problem. The issue is there are way to many people who like to start stuff and hide behind the computer or talk behind someone's back, but won't confront the person face to face and be a man. Frankly I don't care what people think about me weather they are from Celina or not I'm not trying to impress anybody I'm secure with myself. I guess if I'm so hated by so many then maybe one day someone will have enough guts to walk up to me and tell me face to face why they dislike me because I sure haven't found anybody yet to step up who hasn't hid behind a computer.

Well, I don't like those personal attacks, either, because that is not what these forums are about. People should try to make solid points and support their arguments about the subject of the forum. However, Orangeman, if you want to meet people face-to-face, why don't you go into Boxing or Wrestling?

As a matter of fact I have a very good idea who is saying this stuff and they have absolutely no reason to dislike me because I don't even know them personally and they don't speak for all of Celina either. Funny thing is they don't want to talk to me face to face they would rather talk behind my back.

Anyway ive wasted enough time typing about this because nothing is gonna change the people or person in question is still gonna mouth off like a school girl and not confront me in person.

Well, I don't like those personal attacks, either, because that is not what these forums are about. People should try to make solid points and support their arguments about the subject of the forum. However, Orangeman, if you want to meet people face-to-face, why don't you go into Boxing or Wrestling?

I shouldn't have to go into boxing or wrestling if people are gonna mouth off just have the brass tacts to say it face to face and not behind a computer. I guess I was raised different then most people. I was raised to confront my problems head on and not dance around them.

2008 3A div II.jpeg

I can't believe you think the Carthage game in 08 was close and about 1 play? Wow! They ran over, around and through Celina. The score was much closer than the actual game and it doesn't even come close to one of the best HS games in Texas. It was a yawner in the second half. Carthage may well have been one of the all-time best 3A HS teams. Also, there was more than one team that could defeat Celina that year. How bout Prosper (33-7), Whitehouse (23-22) and 2A Dangerfield (28-20)?

I wouldn't underestimate Celina, either, but I think you guys hype these Celina teams, every year. I'll bet you were saying the same things last year and the year before? I don't know if this Henderson team is that good, either. I guess we will see when the game is played. Celina should be the favorite since they are District champs, undefeated and 5th in 3A, while Henderson is 3rd in their district, has 2 losses, and is unranked.

WOW...maybe I was at the wrong game ( Check Attachment ). Someone correct me if I am wrong, but I remember that game going back and forth and Celina being up at the half (That's right they were , a TD pass as the half expired. So I guess that fumble was no big deal as each team was trading TD's in the second half. I understand it was a far drive from ET to Texas Stadium. but you had to be there to know how the game went. Don't act like you were there because you are clueless as how the game went.

The only thing you have been correct on is the losses Celina had that year. Celina was peaking when they ran into Carthage. No one else could have beat them at that point.

You people should show some class and humility or move to a third world country if you want to personally attack someone. The man puts his life on the line everyday for us, your friends and family. It could be your life one day he saves. To all service and military Thank You.

I shouldn't have to go into boxing or wrestling if people are gonna mouth off just have the brass tacts to say it face to face and not behind a computer. I guess I was raised different then most people. I was raised to confront my problems head on and not dance around them.

Understood. These forums, by nature, allow everyone to hide behind the computer and certainly people wouldn't say the same things to your face. Civility is becoming a thing of the past. I would like to see everyone move past the character attacks and discuss the substance of the subject with facts and thoughtful opinions.

Understood. These forums, by nature, allow everyone to hide behind the computer and certainly people wouldn't say the same things to your face. Civility is becoming a thing of the past. I would like to see everyone move past the character attacks and discuss the substance of the subject with facts and thoughtful opinions.

That's exactly what I was trying to do until the personal attacks started for no reason.

2008 3A div II.jpeg

WOW...maybe I was at the wrong game ( Check Attachment ). Someone correct me if I am wrong, but I remember that game going back and forth and Celina being up at the half (That's right they were , a TD pass as the half expired. So I guess that fumble was no big deal as each team was trading TD's in the second half. I understand it was a far drive from ET to Texas Stadium. but you had to be there to know how the game went. Don't act like you were there because you are clueless as how the game went.

The only thing you have been correct on is the losses Celina had that year. Celina was peaking when they ran into Carthage. No one else could have beat them at that point.

You people should show some class and humility or move to a third world country if you want to personally attack someone. The man puts his life on the line everyday for us, your friends and family. It could be your life one day he saves. To all service and military Thank You.

Hear, hear! I was in attendance at that game as well, and Celina owned the first half. The difference in the game was the running back Smith in the second half, along with the huge lineman in front of him on almost every play. That pair was not unlike a tractor trailer, and I sure would not have wanted to draw the assignment of trying to stop them for an entire game. I also remember some very inspirational play from a couple of Celina players who were obviously very hurt, but showed no sign of quit regardless.

My prediction is this

2011 Football Conference 3A Division 1

Semi-Finals

CELINA VS. ALVARADO

Saturday Dec. 3 2:00p.m.

Pennington Field Stadium Office

1501 Central Drive (South side of Stadium, Section H)

Bedford Texas 76022

Well I Know how the game went,, I was the starting FS #21 and that game is Dead and gone Somebody got the L and somebody got the W Point blank. And fyi some of our Recievers made KEY catches on 3rd down Wasnt all Smith He wasnt the whole team Defense took us to state Offense just scored points Dang!!! GTHOH!!! Carthage is the big Dawgs now Simple!!!!!!

Anyway enough bout Carthage and Celina This is the Henderson And Celina Thread....... So I know Celina Like to POUND the Rock all game long and well try to wear henderson down and might throw every now and then really dont know much bout Them only the 08 team,, On the other hand Henderson.. yes has alot of speed and size and will be the fastest team Celina has play If HENDERSON Qb and Recievers and Rb pick up where the left off at last week hendderson wins by 14

16 3A