Joe Nathan to the Rangers

wtlobos

T.R. Sullivan's report....http://trsullivan.mlblogs.com/2011/11/21/rangers-sign-joe-nathan/

Nathan gets about $14MM over two years, Feliz to the rotation. Chances of re-signing CJ are looking a lot slimmer now. He'll look good in those new Marlins uni's.

Thoughts?

of course getting a guy like nathan will be great if he comes back to his true form that made him one of the best closers in the last few years. feliz to the rotation doesn't scare me near as much as feliz in the 9th. i don't think we were going to break the bank for wilson in any case, and i wouldn't either. this could be a great move for the rangers if all goes right.

Ogando

Lewis

Holland

Harrison

Feliz

If thats the rotation, not necessarily in that order, it can win you the division. Now what does that do your bullpen. Nathan gets hurt and he will, do you move Adams to closer or shudder Uehara? Ogando? Feliz?

I think this is a great move if Nathan can stay healthy. I posted on here late in the season that the bullpen made me nervous and sure enough the bullpen cost the Rangers a World Series title. The only problem is that this is just one move, you still have Adams, choke-a-hara, and others that failed in the playoffs. This doesn't solve the bullpen issues.

• 2 weeks later...

As long as he can stay healthy, he throws a heavy ball, though it's not the 96 he used to throw. His 92-93 heavy fastball may do some good in the ballpark coupled with his offspeed. I bet Feliz will feel much more comfortable in the rotation. After all, that's all he has ever done before getting into the league. And whoever said he had a terrible slider has never seen his. It's not terrible, by any means. He doesn't control it that well, YET!