Your State Champion

player73

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tatum is starting to look like a contender. Of coarse you have Daingerfield on the other side of the bracket.. lol

DB,I agree but yall have Crockett in yall's bracket.If both teams take care of business this week-end,the winner of the Tatum and Crockett could very well be the state champion.Like you said "the Champ" is in the other bracket and some people think Crockett will self -destruct before too soon.Thats why they play the game and good luck to all the teams still playing for a shot at a state championship.

DB,I agree but yall have Crockett in yall's bracket.If both teams take care of business this week-end,the winner of the Tatum and Crockett could very well be the state champion.Like you said "the Champ" is in the other bracket and some people think Crockett will self -destruct before too soon.Thats why they play the game and good luck to all the teams still playing for a shot at a state championship.

Lets just say all the boys in District 8 2A are hanging around in the other bracket :)

Lets just say all the boys in District 8 2A are hanging around in the other bracket :)

And all the men are on the other side... lol.. good luck to you guys. watch out for Wall or Eastland, ehhh, who am I kidding, get past Redwater and New Boston and you will have a week off before seeing some more decent compitition... lol

And all the men are on the other side... lol.. good luck to you guys. watch out for Wall or Eastland, ehhh, who am I kidding, get past Redwater and New Boston and you will have a week off before seeing some more decent compitition... lol

You got me..lol..Good luck to you guys TDB.

Waiting for JJ to post and say Arp. LOL All kidding aside Arp looked pretty dang good against Rogers and they have a good shot at the state championship.JMO

you know i believe We will! i think some are finally starting to join me. This week and next will finally give us the credit we deserve. My list at this point.

These are the one I see as the best of the rest

my sure fire pick is Chapel Hill and Arp. Both are doing exactly what they need to do to prove it.

I like DF and Tatum and they have what it takes and really think one of those two can and will win D1. NewBoston aint no punk and could squeze in that convo this week. But of the big 3 Tatum has the toughest matchup this week.

Gilmer looks strong to me but Carthage is still carthage so to me those two are great picks and almost never can go wrong picking either one.

All together I think the only two that really stick out so far are Chapel Hill and Arp. These two seem to be simply better than the rest in their divisions.

I'm going with Chapel Hill obviously, I think Gilmer in d2 has it under control, Franklin in 2a looks good to me, unless they have to face arp (im not sure on bracket alignment for 2a), and the gaurd at Brook Hill has been on a roll as of late.

Anything can happen on a friday night in texas football so I'm ready and willing to eat all crow that gets served up on my plate no hard feelings

I'm going with Chapel Hill obviously, I think Gilmer in d2 has it under control, Franklin in 2a looks good to me, unless they have to face arp (im not sure on bracket alignment for 2a), and the gaurd at Brook Hill has been on a roll as of late.

Anything can happen on a friday night in texas football so I'm ready and willing to eat all crow that gets served up on my plate no hard feelings

if Arp and Franklin win this week they will play next week. Arp beat Rogers 52-20 who beat Franklin in district.

Heck,, How Bout Them 3x Defending Champs Carthage... I believe Carthage is 21-1 in the past 3 years plus this years 2 Playoff games this year Surratt and the coaching staff along with the DAWGS Know how to Win in the Play-offs I Say carthage gets the 4 peat ,, Hopefully we will Win this week which i believe we will and the Gilmer game will be the Real State tittle game Just how i see it GO DAWGS

QUEST FOR 4......DAINGERFIELD TIGERS, why not? Currently 53-6, 19-0 in playoffs, 3x DC 1x CO-DC, BACK-2-BACK-2-BACK STATE CHAMPS since 07-08....

Thats a VERY good record??????? during our 3 peat we were 44-4,, But this is Surratts 5th year in Carthage This is his OVERALL record 62-10 including this year. Playoffs were 21-1 ..... With 3 State tittles 4 District Championships and this year we were 2nd in District

Cheering for Longview, Gilmer, and Tatum. If Gilmer falls to Carthage, will cheer for the Bulldogs.

Would cheer for Daingerfield but don't really have any ties there so blah. Good luck anyways.

Lake Travis will probably win 4A DI again, unless Cedar Park somehow steps up and knocks them off but don't think they will. Don't care about 4A DII but am guessing Aledo will continue their streak for another year. Cy Falls will knock off Trinity in 5A DI. Probably gonna see Longview fall to Katy in DII, but we'll see. Steele/Katy will be fun to watch in a couple weeks.

Edit: O and cheering for that A team in Division I of 3A. Them or Chapel Hill. Uck Henderson for an obvious reason.

KILGORE 4A Division II !! GO DOGSS

I think LaMarque ends up making it to the title game on the otherside of the bracket if they win Region 3 (quarterfinals).

Kilgore gets past Frisco, the competion is going to be really good. I suspect winner of the state title game will come from the winner of Region 1 winner vs Region 2 winner.

Thats a VERY good record??????? during our 3 peat we were 44-4,, But this is Surratts 5th year in Carthage This is his OVERALL record 62-10 including this year. Playoffs were 21-1 ..... With 3 State tittles 4 District Championships and this year we were 2nd in District

yea w/Bowman as the head man we were 44-3. All the loses 2 the Buckeye's. Tho I'm sorta glad it didnt, 2 preserve the legacies, an Edmond vs. Thompson would have been a nice pre-season treat LOL. Wish u guys the best tho.

yea w/Bowman as the head man we were 44-3. All the loses 2 the Buckeye's. Tho I'm sorta glad it didnt, 2 preserve the legacies, an Edmond vs. Thompson would have been a nice pre-season treat LOL. Wish u guys the best tho.

Good Luck too yall too!! Let GO take this 4 Peat and shut everybody up.... Also our future LOOK bright we have alot of 10th graders starting Including the QB and RB