GTBandie

Gunter vs Corsicana Mildred  

57 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

it is good to see old HS1988 on this forum glad hes goin for my team this week that way i dont get burned again like last week haha. having said that gunter is well coached and yes all your guesses are right this will surely be a dogfight, but unfortunately i dont give predictions. GO EAGLES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

FIRST and MOST IMPORTANT!! Please do NOT refer to us as corsicana!!!! ITS MILDRED! Thanks. Now for some football talk. Nic Shimonek is one if the top QBs in 2a and will shred the gunter defense this week! Donoho and Folsom are the slot guys and both of them run great routes and have great hands! We alternate RBs but both of them would be starters just about anywhere! Logan Shelton is the anchor of our defense at MLB and will cause havoc all night long! And with two strong dts, and a hell of a d-end in Harrison gunter dosent have a chance! the eagles have way to much fire power, and have seen this very same offense 2 weeks in a row! and will be ready for it!

Mildred 42 gunter 10

Mildred soars on!!!!!

Funny lol, because it's not like Gunter is a creampie team at all. At all. You're probably looking at one of the tougher defenses you've seen all year. Secondly, your passing game might not be as good as you think...as mentioned earlier, just look at Gunter's play versus Melissa. I doubt Mildred (sorry, but your school name IS Corsicana Mildred) will take this one as easily as anyone thinks. If you let up or underestimate Gunter, they'll bust you in the mouth and I guarantee will upset you. But if your team is ready for it, you'll be better prepared.

Also, as Gatorbait said, Gunter does NOT run an offense like the teams you've seen the past two weeks...do your research.

Additionally, if you can't get the ball away from us, or stop us from slowly marching down the field, your offense won't have the chance to be able to score, as shown in the Lone Oak-Gunter game.

I'm changing my allegiance in this one back to the Tigers.

I played with all those cats so sometimes i get a little bit crazy! But what i ment is that they play the same style if football! And gunter hardly beat Lone oak and Mildred KILLED Them in week 10 42-0, and it couldve been ,much worse! Ill admit i went a little far on my prediction but i still dont believe it will be all that close! Mildred just has to many weapons! Gunter will have to play flawless to have a chance to win this game! Thats my point!

Of course you are HS lol. You usually give decent analysis on why you think a certain team will win. Any certain reason you are taking Mildred or just going with em because they beat your beloved Mustangs?

I will tell you why IM convinced they will win. But I dont expect you to be convinced. For the record, I think it will be a good game. Last week, everytime the momentum shifted, the Eagles looked weary, I thought they would give in. They didnt. I knew my Mustangs were battle tested and would not quit till the end. I was not sure about the Eagles, but I am now. I know they will fight on when faced with challenges. Some may consider this a homers opinion and thats ok. Having said that, I don't think any team will have the kind of power running game we showed them. If our qb was not so hard to bring down, this could very well be HS/Gunter thread. He was stripped on about the 8yd line fighting for another yard. Time will tell if anybody else puts 350+ rushing and 21 first downs on them. Now Arp has speed that could hurt them if that match up takes place. But for Gunter to win, they will have to throw some. Mildreds pass defense is good. I COULD be wrong, but I dont think Gunter has the power running game HS has. One thing I do know, Gunter will also fight on and not give up. Honestly, all I know about Gunter is what I saw last year. They are a tough opponent, but it would be hard to believe they have the talent to beat Mildred. They are good. Best of luck to both. My pick is Mildred by 14+.

Funny lol, because it's not like Gunter is a creampie team at all. At all. You're probably looking at one of the tougher defenses you've seen all year. Secondly, your passing game might not be as good as you think...as mentioned earlier, just look at Gunter's play versus Melissa. I doubt Mildred (sorry, but your school name IS Corsicana Mildred) will take this one as easily as anyone thinks. If you let up or underestimate Gunter, they'll bust you in the mouth and I guarantee will upset you. But if your team is ready for it, you'll be better prepared.

Also, as Gatorbait said, Gunter does NOT run an offense like the teams you've seen the past two weeks...do your research.

Additionally, if you can't get the ball away from us, or stop us from slowly marching down the field, your offense won't have the chance to be able to score, as shown in the Lone Oak-Gunter game.

I didnt say they were a creampie! And yes our passing game is THAT good! You will see soon enough! We actually have one of the most balanced offenses ive seen in 2a football! Not to metnion we have beat OPP, and HS and from what i hear form the guys who have seen film BOTH have a better run game than Gunter. But mildred dosent under estimate anyone! They will be well prepared and ready to play! And i wouldnt mention the Lone oak game very much LOL they were a creampie team compared to us buddy! Not a good reference for a mildred fan, i left that game in week 10 at half time 28-0, and missed all the subs getting to play in second half!

it is good to see old HS1988 on this forum glad hes goin for my team this week that way i dont get burned again like last week haha. having said that gunter is well coached and yes all your guesses are right this will surely be a dogfight, but unfortunately i dont give predictions. GO EAGLES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

lol.I may chime in from time to time.Good luck to you guys!

Gunter almost always plays very very good fundamental football. They don't have any outstanding superstars to be honest, other than their QB who can throw very accurately and has thrown only 3 interceptions all year. Because of this, teams tend to underestimate them because their fundamental way of playing football is unlike that of teams that are led by a few superstars. Gunter is a great example of a true team. And a HS1988, probably not--yardage-wise. They won't come up with too many large gains on the ground, but they will pound it up the middle for 3-4 yards every time (nearly). I think Gunter's coach will make a game plan that will be strong against Mildred. He isn't very conservative, though. I wouldn't be surprised if a few going for it on fourth down tries were Gunter's undoing in this game.

Separately, remember, that while the regular season matters, playoffs are different ballgames, and teams play with a lot more urgency. Don't compare the Lone Oak versus Mildred game to Gunter versus Lone Oak. Those are two different games, and can't really help you compare. Plus, when Mildred played Lone Oak earlier in the season, Lone Oak was missing some of their star players.

I didnt say they were a creampie! And yes our passing game is THAT good! You will see soon enough! We actually have one of the most balanced offenses ive seen in 2a football! Not to metnion we have beat OPP, and HS and from what i hear form the guys who have seen film BOTH have a better run game than Gunter. But mildred dosent under estimate anyone! They will be well prepared and ready to play! And i wouldnt mention the Lone oak game very much LOL they were a creampie team compared to us buddy! Not a good reference for a mildred fan, i left that game in week 10 at half time 28-0, and missed all the subs getting to play in second half!

Melissa has a better passing game than Mildred.

Melissa > Mildred.

Gunter, 31, Melissa, 21.

As I also just said, Lone Oak was missing a lot of players when you played them (supposedly).

And Gunter's run game in yardage may not be better, but I think what you call "better" is really a matter of perspective, as Gunter can consistently rush the ball for the same amount of yards they usually do even on strong defenses.

The Lone Oak game can be mentioned due to the fact they had 5 starters out including number 22 who was their best player. This took them out of what they liked to do on offense and they were out of sync all night. Not saying the game would have had a different outcome, but I can promise you it wouldn't have been 42 to 0.

Controlling the top, eating the clock, scoring on nearly every possession, and getting a couple stops. This is the best game plan, But good luck with that.

The Lone Oak game can be mentioned due to the fact they had 5 starters out including number 22 who was their best player. This took them out of what they liked to do on offense and they were out of sync all night. Not saying the game would have had a different outcome, but I can promise you it wouldn't have been 42 to 0.

+1

And as HS just said, that's probably how Gunter will play. Gunter's defense has preformed excellently the past few weeks. In tough situations they come up with big stops. In fact--Lone Oak *could* have won the Gunter Lone Oak game had Gunter not stopped them. Lone Oak had 2:30 left to score, and Gunter made them turn it over on downs.

Melissa has a better passing game than Mildred.

Melissa > Mildred.

Gunter, 31, Melissa, 21.

As I also just said, Lone Oak was missing a lot of players when you played them (supposedly).

And Gunter's run game in yardage may not be better, but I think what you call "better" is really a matter of perspective, as Gunter can consistently rush the ball for the same amount of yards they usually do even on strong defenses.

YA! if your thinking gunter is going to put up 31 on us then your crazy sir! That boring run it up the middle BS hasnt worked all year agaisnt mildred and wont work firday either. Melissa matters none to me until we play them! Yall beat them in week 5, we Killed lone oak just 3 weeks ago! I think its a little more relivent! And i never said it was better anyways just said it was good! Your DBs will have a hard time shutting down #2 and #3 and if they do itll take help from the LBs wich opens up our also great running game! LOL i could write a chapter book on all the weapons mildred has! Yall will see soon enough

Lone. Oak. Was. Missing. Players.

That game wasn't really relevant. And you won't play them. They're D1. Not D2.

I'm not saying that Mildred isn't good. Heck they're one of the best teams in the state. But--SO IS GUNTER. It's Regional Finals if you haven't noticed. After this game, the winner will go on to play in state semi-finals and then State. Gunter is just as close to state as you guys are. So...

Wow!!! You Gunter fans are completly oblivious to what is going on!

Nic Shimonek- 64.4% comp, 2331 yds 33 tds 2 ints( Yes thats only 2) also 184 yds rushing and 5 tds

Logan Shelton- 133 car 1038 yds 18 tds also 140 tackles

Dreylon Sterling- 100 car 817 yds 14 tds FAST!

Daniel Folsom- 50 grabs 984yds 20 tds gunter will NOT stop this kid!

Daniel Donoho- 39 catches 556 yds 6tds, 95 tkls from FS. All stater last year and probably this year!

Those 5 cats right there along with the strong trench power, and two pretty good threats on the outside in Butler and Rose! Gunter has a little bit to much on their plate this week! But yall keep your heads up i guess lol

And don't forget, Gunter is (almost) ALWAYS seen as the underdogs in the playoffs. Lone Oak was heavily favored last game to win. Mildred is favored to win by 23...same old same old for Gunter :)

We were picked by 25 over HS and only beat em by 8. You very seldom see blowouts this late! But we alos had 5 personal fouls and shot our selves in the foot a lot last week! So if we play like we should and show all of our weapon we will cover that or atleat get close to it! I just dont see were gunter has enough in their arsenal!

Bandie I will let you know that we were a slight favorite against Lone Oak, but I'm not putting anything from that game into this week. Gunter will be well prepared as they always are and I love us being the underdog as we were in every playoff game last year. Eagle, you can show me all those stats and it doesn't change the fact that this will be the toughest game yall have played all year and it's gonna take everything plus some more to beat the Gunter Tigers.

Look at Lone Oak's stats...just as impressive. Lone Oak had 2000+ yds in passing on the year *and* in rushing. Remember also Gunter's QB has only thrown 3 INT's on the year. BTW, having a star on your team just means we'll double cover him...lol. Not even star NFL receivers can perform very well through double coverage. If we take your main threat away through the air, you're done. We'll plug the middle and make good open field tackles against your running attack.

Just remember. Gunter is usually the underdog ON PAPER. That's what we're going by right now. Look for Gunter to play well in real life. In addition, here's the forecast for the game. Low of 42 with light winds. High humidity will make it a chilly game. Mother Nature is on Gunter's side!

Also it's already been established that Gunter has no stand-out players that you can target and you'll shut us down. That's one of our greatest strengths. To be honest, we're a lot more balanced than a team that most of its touchdowns comes from one receiver...

Look at Lone Oak's stats...just as impressive. Lone Oak had 2000+ yds in passing on the year *and* in rushing. Remember also Gunter's QB has only thrown 3 INT's on the year. BTW, having a star on your team just means we'll double cover him...lol. Not even star NFL receivers can perform very well through double coverage. If we take your main threat away through the air, you're done. We'll plug the middle and make good open field tackles against your running attack.

Just remember. Gunter is usually the underdog ON PAPER. That's what we're going by right now. Look for Gunter to play well in real life. In addition, here's the forecast for the game. Low of 42 with light winds. High humidity will make it a chilly game. Mother Nature is on Gunter's side!

Also it's already been established that Gunter has no stand-out players that you can target and you'll shut us down. That's one of our greatest strengths. To be honest, we're a lot more balanced than a team that most of its touchdowns comes from one receiver...

How do you know cold weather wont help Mildred?? Is Gunter the land of the cold, where all things done are in a chilly environment, so that from birth, these guys can prepare for a 50 degree Friday night on Dec. 2nd 2011 against the Mildred Eagles? If so, that's quite epic! Weather wont have anything to do with the score. Mildred rolls on..

Ya but the number 2 wr led the team in yards and tds last year and is very capable of the same things he jas just been double a lot this year! You cant stop both of them! its impossible! And just becasue its cold dosent mean you cant throw it! The patriots play in New Enlganf where its cold the whole season and they throw it all the time! Cold weather dosent effect the passing game!