GTBandie

Gunter vs Corsicana Mildred  

57 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow, is this getting crazy or what. Both teams have had a GREAT season to get themselves in the Regional Finals. To most of you east Texas guys, it seems to really chap your hide, that one of your prized east Texas teams in not involved in this game. That's why we play the games each week. Games are not won on paper.

Speaking of on paper, let's look at some facts of the 2 teams

1. Mildred went undefeated through non district and district.

1a Gunter lost to Godley and Boyd.

2. Not one non district team Mildred played advanced to the state playoffs

2a 4 of the 5 non district opponents made the state playoffs in AA Div. 1, Melissa is still playing.

3. Mildred went undefeated in district

3a Gunter went undefeated in district

4. Mildred put up tons of points on the board in their district wins

4a Gunter put up tons of points on the board in their district wins.

5. Common opponent Lone Oak, Mildred whipped 42-0 ( Injuries are part of the game accept it )

5a Gunter beat Lone Oak 20-19 ( Injuries are still part of the game accept it )

Each team has their group o f loyal supporters who love their teams. Why don't all you guys just lay low, and wait for Friday, and let the kids decide the outcome on the field. Nothinbg is going to get settled here except that 2 good teams will square off Friday night at 7:30 in Garland. Hurry up and get here Friday, I can't wait.

Love all this talk about Mildred and Arp when Mildred has to get by a team this week who is playing in the 4th round for the 2nd consecutive year, and this is also the 13th year in a row Gunter has made the playoffs. May wanna tap the brake on all this State Championship talk because even if yall do get by us, you are probably gonna play a team in Cisco who is undefeated this year and has played in the 3 State Championships in the last 9 years. Couldn't agree more than with what you said hammer in how these jackwagons get on here acting as if Mildred is Daingerfield or something. When some of you people take this into consideration and realize that you are just CORSICANA MILDRED and not some team who has had an abundant amount of success in football, you will be much better off.

Soooo Mildred is the New England Patriots...? Interesting...

Your QB is Tom Brady, a professional football player? I don't think so. Also, this is just me being nitpicky...but it's not always cold in Massachusetts...just saying.

You gotta have TIGER BLOOD to really succeed in cold weather...and I agree with Tiger. It was a weak schedule. Lone Oak plays football with a few kids leading the charge that were out of the game. Yes, it was *five*, not *two*.

Gator on this last post has it down. Have you ever seen man-to-man succeed against any good receiver? Maybe once in a blue moon, but you can't hope that this Friday a blue moon will rise on us. Gunter will be more prepared than any other team you've played so far--that's the consequence of playing deeper into the playoffs. You've already laid all your cards down...but has Gunter? Nope. Gunter gets tougher as the games get tougher.

Just making a reference and yes it is cold most of the time in New enlgand! And you are wrong again about laying all the cards down! Mildred is bringing out stuff this week they havent shown all year!!! They will be even more unstoppable! Gunter dosent even have a chance! Wether its hot or cold or we played lone oaks JV in week 10! this is Gunters last football game in 2011!

Every body hold on with all this state talk!!! We need to calm down a little bit and im probably the worst! But we know what its like to be the under dog and if you recall collectly we never missed a beat in practice and it made us work even harder becasue we were picked to lose my 14 or more! So has been the under dog for years and years! And we are not under estimating anyone, or gettting over confident! But this a great year for our team and our community! You cant take that away from us and we can boast and talk all we want on this forum! Our boys are still going to win FRIDAY NIGHT!

Love all this talk about Mildred and Arp when Mildred has to get by a team this week who is playing in the 4th round for the 2nd consecutive year, and this is also the 13th year in a row Gunter has made the playoffs. May wanna tap the brake on all this State Championship talk because even if yall do get by us, you are probably gonna play a team in Cisco who is undefeated this year and has played in the 3 State Championships in the last 9 years. Couldn't agree more than with what you said hammer in how these jackwagons get on here acting as if Mildred is Daingerfield or something. When some of you people take this into consideration and realize that you are just CORSICANA MILDRED and not some team who has had an abundant amount of success in football, you will be much better off.

I really hope you show up to eat crow saturday morning! And the reason why is because just like the other 2 teams we have beat in the playoffs all you wanna talk about is last year and the year before that! Well you know what this is 2011 and this years team is better than it ever has been! And No matter how good HS and OPP were last year the got by THIS years team! So all this last two years BS means nothing! Its 2011 buddy! And its The year of the MILDRED eagles!

YA! if your thinking gunter is going to put up 31 on us then your crazy sir! That boring run it up the middle BS hasnt worked all year agaisnt mildred and wont work firday either. Melissa matters none to me until we play them! Yall beat them in week 5, we Killed lone oak just 3 weeks ago! I think its a little more relivent! And i never said it was better anyways just said it was good! Your DBs will have a hard time shutting down #2 and #3 and if they do itll take help from the LBs wich opens up our also great running game! LOL i could write a chapter book on all the weapons mildred has! Yall will see soon enough

Wow! According to at least one MIldred fan (might actually be one of their players that post on here), Gunter might as well not even get on the bus. LOL. Heck Lets go ahead and crown Mildred 2A Div II Champs right now. No, I don't know if this year's Gunter team wins, but based on their proven tradition and hard-nosed, physical style, I bet they show up in Garland on Friday night anyway.

Never mentioned one time that yalls victories over Pewitt and Hughes Springs weren't impressive. I'm basically stating a fact that the majority of you Mildred fans on here act as though this team has been doing this for some time now, when in fact yall have done very little in football over the last 10 to 15 years. That's all I said. You should be proud of your team this year, and what they have accomplished, but you may wanna tone down on all this State Championship talk and how yall are gonna supposedly destroy the Gunter Tigers, because if you think that's gonna happen, I for one hope that you are here Saturday morning to eat your plate full of crow.

I also beleieve all the state championship talk is a little far fetched! And im not a player but i played on last years team and i am very close to all of the kids on this years team! I played with every one of them growing up! Whats it to you anyways? But i am a firm believer in one game at a time and not over looking anyone! And i never said anything about them not being ready to play just said we wont give up 31 in my opinion! Isnt that what this forum is for? stating your opinion! I havent done anything out of hand at all. But i guess being proud of your boys and having high expectations isnt allowed on smoaky now. Well as a former player i know i littler bit about football and since we never went past the second round i had the chance to travel and watch a lot of teams play deep! And i can say that there has been few 2a teams with this much wall to wall talent! world beaters? no, but very its hard to coral so many weapons

I also beleieve all the state championship talk is a little far fetched! And im not a player but i played on last years team and i am very close to all of the kids on this years team! I played with every one of them growing up! Whats it to you anyways? But i am a firm believer in one game at a time and not over looking anyone! And i never said anything about them not being ready to play just said we wont give up 31 in my opinion! Isnt that what this forum is for? stating your opinion! I havent done anything out of hand at all. But i guess being proud of your boys and having high expectations isnt allowed on smoaky now. Well as a former player i know i littler bit about football and since we never went past the second round i had the chance to travel and watch a lot of teams play deep! And i can say that there has been few 2a teams with this much wall to wall talent! world beaters? no, but very its hard to coral so many weapons

Wow, is this getting crazy or what. Both teams have had a GREAT season to get themselves in the Regional Finals. To most of you east Texas guys, it seems to really chap your hide, that one of your prized east Texas teams in not involved in this game. That's why we play the games each week. Games are not won on paper.

Speaking of on paper, let's look at some facts of the 2 teams

1. Mildred went undefeated through non district and district.

1a Gunter lost to Godley and Boyd.

2. Not one non district team Mildred played advanced to the state playoffs

2a 4 of the 5 non district opponents made the state playoffs in AA Div. 1, Melissa is still playing.

3. Mildred went undefeated in district

3a Gunter went undefeated in district

4. Mildred put up tons of points on the board in their district wins

4a Gunter put up tons of points on the board in their district wins.

5. Common opponent Lone Oak, Mildred whipped 42-0 ( Injuries are part of the game accept it )

5a Gunter beat Lone Oak 20-19 ( Injuries are still part of the game accept it )

Each team has their group o f loyal supporters who love their teams. Why don't all you guys just lay low, and wait for Friday, and let the kids decide the outcome on the field. Nothinbg is going to get settled here except that 2 good teams will square off Friday night at 7:30 in Garland. Hurry up and get here Friday, I can't wait.

Lay low? That's what this forum is for.

Wall to wall talent huh? How many of your guys are going to play at the next level?

Rubber hammer: Atlest 3 possibly 6. Thats pretty good for a 2a program! But no one can tell the future! But 2 and 3 both have some looks. #9 will for sure and in his class 72 and 74 probably have juco talent. And 8 is only a soph. He will play at the next level if he stays healthy and continues to progress! But 3 of those 6 will play at the next level.

Rubber hammer: Atlest 3 possibly 6. Thats pretty good for a 2a program! But no one can tell the future! But 2 and 3 both have some looks. #9 will for sure and in his class 72 and 74 probably have juco talent. And 8 is only a soph. He will play at the next level if he stays healthy and continues to progress! But 3 of those 6 will play at the next level.

Seriously? One of your OL is a good prospect, and the QB might have a shot, but next level football is a different world. Let's not get carried away here.

Just making a reference and yes it is cold most of the time in New enlgand! And you are wrong again about laying all the cards down! Mildred is bringing out stuff this week they havent shown all year!!! They will be even more unstoppable! Gunter dosent even have a chance! Wether its hot or cold or we played lone oaks JV in week 10! this is Gunters last football game in 2011!

You have some serious misconceptions about other areas of the country, lol. It can get seriously warm in Boston during the summer. I'm talking nineties with 100% humidity.

Also I agree, please pull out your spell-check :)

Seriously? One of your OL is a good prospect, and the QB might have a shot, but next level football is a different world. Let's not get carried away here.

+9000

College ball is a whole step up, and the pros are about 10 more up. They have talent, but...hrmmm.

Also, I was surprised to see Mildred doesn't really have much of a football tradition going on. For all of you familiar with our district...imagine a team like Tom Bean all the sudden going on a streak for a few years and coming this far in the playoffs, and having a bunch of Beaners trash talking... ;)

I really hope you show up to eat crow saturday morning! and the reason why is because just like the other 2 teams we have beat in the playoffs all you wanna talk about is last year and the year before that! Well you know what this is 2011 and this years team is better than it ever has been! And No matter how good HS and OPP were last year the got by THIS years team! So all this last two years BS means nothing! Its 2011 buddy! And its The year of the MILDRED eagles!

The reason you dont bring up the past is because Mildred doesnt have one...plan and simple. If ya did...you would bring it up. Mildred has won as many games(2) this year than they have in the past 25 years in the playoffs. Gunter was here LAST year....yes i said LAST year. So enjoy the ride young un and dont get to high...because the fall back down will be something you wont NEVER forget. Trust me its not a good feeling....OPP, HS and Gunter know, because we have been here BEFORE....AND LOST ! Good luck to the Eagles. Since ya beat my Bulls out, I guess I'll pull for ya.

The reason you dont bring up the past is because Mildred doesnt have one...plan and simple. If ya did...you would bring it up. Mildred has won as many games(2) this year than they have in the past 25 years in the playoffs. Gunter was here LAST year....yes i said LAST year. So enjoy the ride young un and dont get to high...because the fall back down will be something you wont NEVER forget. Trust me its not a good feeling....OPP, HS and Gunter know, because we have been here BEFORE....AND LOST ! Good luck to the Eagles. Since ya beat my Bulls out, I guess I'll pull for ya.

And.......BOTH teams fans talk smack like a bunch of school girls! I've seen livelier bunches at a wake! Truth is, one of these teams will lose this game, the other will get hammered by Arp! Both will make first round exits next year. Yea, I said NEXT year. lol. Its all I got at this point. But really guys, yall sound more like whining kids than SDC smack talkers! Just once I would like to see Bandie talk about Eagle5's mom or SOMETHING. Just stop telling each other how good each other is. Its Tuesday, time for some real insults. I got one, seriuosly all kidding aside. Mildred needs to can the blow up Eagle. It looks constipated! For real.

Haha but thing is i'm not much of a smack talker; 'cause what goes around comes around. I doubt we'll lose in the first round next year by the way...and this is true. He talks and it's like WALL OF TEXT OMG IDK WHAT SPELLCHECK IS

And since you insist. I'd make some derogatory comment about being with Eagle's mom last night, but that'd be a disgrace. Eagle's mom is the ugliest being to grace this Earth since Chewbacca debuted on Star Wars.

Haha but thing is i'm not much of a smack talker; 'cause what goes around comes around. I doubt we'll lose in the first round next year by the way...and this is true. He talks and it's like WALL OF TEXT OMG IDK WHAT SPELLCHECK IS

And since you insist. I'd make some derogatory comment about being with Eagle's mom last night, but that'd be a disgrace. Eagle's mom is the ugliest being to grace this Earth since Chewbacca debuted on Star Wars.

lol. Its on now!

You guys actually won the penalty battle. We were flagged with 3 more than the Eagles. But excessive by both teams. I think it was 6 to 9. And then the of course 0-1 advantage on turnovers. I never pay any attention to those point spread predictions. Gunter was a scrappy bunch last year, and im sure they are this year, but I think Mildreds balanced attack will just be too much for Gunter. I think Gunter will be able to run on Mildred, but not all night and they wont be able to swap scores with Mildred.IMO. But that's why ya gotta go ahead and play.

HS could have beat Gunter last year.