Tatum VS Crockett

iirepTATUM09

From a Crockett fan who has seen him play and who believes in giving people their due: Tatum has an excellent team without the QB. But with him, they are about 3 TD's better, in my opinion. He is the real deal. No way Harmony could have beaten them if he had played. No way. We will have our hands full. That said -- I think Tatum will have their hands full too. I'm not into predictions or smack. Just into backing my team. Go Big Blue!

The only problem is Harmony shouldn't have beat us without him. Our defense has really come to life and Harmony wouldn't beat us without him again. 2 very explosive teams taking the field tomorrow, going to be fun either way. Great game for the fans, I would pay 5 times the face value on the tickets to watch this one.

• Replies 591
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks, we plan on tail-gating for a couple more weeks.

Food for thought. Tatum is fortunate to play in this game . Beat White Oak in a close one. Jefferson led by 2 touchdown late win by 1 pt. Harmony beat you. Gilmer shut you out! An interception in the end zone stop a possible go ahead drive in the final minutes of play against Cameron Yoe . It’s time to turn out the lights. Tatum almost missed the playoffs and now you’re talking championship. Wishful thinking.

http://www.maxpreps.com/high-schools/tatum-eagles-(tatum,tx)/football/schedule.htm

Cold weather does effect it some but still believe that it is overstated. Both teams play on the same field, this makes the the coaches job harder to be able to adjust his offense accordantly.

My main problem with your statement wasn't the cold it was the losing on purpose. That to me was really interesting.

I am about 99.9% sure that when tatum was playing harmony they wasn't thinking about "hey if we lose this game we will get yoe earlier in the playoffs so it will be warmer". I'm pretty sure they tried to win that game. Just like that night, the better team (on that night) will win the ball game. That includes the one that is able to overcome the fridged Texas winter that we have. (sarcasm for those who can't catch it). This includes the ones able to make coaching and play adjustments, maybe even equipment if needed.

Yes that research may show that cold does effect it but that is also under 20 degrees and most of the time with precipitation.

I'm not going to get in a spitting contest with you. Especially when we both think crockett will pull this one out. Plus the weather is getting old.

Go dogs!

I look at it this way. This Tatum team has scratched, clawed, come back from behind, and beaten the odds time and again. These kids have so much tenacity and determination. This Tatum squad has had nothing given to them and has made it to the exact same round as last year's "dream team.". These are the kids that Tatum is known for- they will fight on the gridiron to the last whistle. Thayer hungry. They can smell glory and they want it bad.

Food for thought. Tatum is fortunate to play in this game . Beat White Oak in a close one. Jefferson led by 2 touchdown late win by 1 pt. Harmony beat you. Gilmer shut you out! An interception in the end zone stop a possible go ahead drive in the final minutes of play against Cameron Yoe . It's time to turn out the lights. Tatum almost missed the playoffs and now you're talking championship. Wishful thinking.

http://www.maxpreps....agles-(tatum,tx)/football/schedule.htm

Yep that exactly what happened. LOL I hope your players are not thinking like this, if so Crackett is in for a very long night,

And yes Overstreet is the entire team, without him the Eagles are done. LOL I hope your players are not thing like this either, if so Crackett is in for a very long night.

Well today is the day. I know the smack talking will get worse today! I don't know who will come out on top when the whistle blows, but I do not see a game like last year. This one will be close - good luck to both. I do believe that the winner will be in Cowboy Stadium on the 15th @ 8pm, I know there is one game before that one, but I don't see anyone else with the talent that these two teams have. I know that after the win tonight that whoever wins can have a let down and get beat next week, but I am banking they make it to STATE. Very close game but still going with the Bulldogs.

Go Big BLue!

So my understanding is that with out yall QB yall are not as good as yall say yall are. So the QB is the whole team?

It is funny that everyone thinks this. Overstreet is the real deal and is a great player. Like I have said before, he reminds me of the Vince Young(not current Vince) that led Texas to a National Championship. They had a great team, but he got them over the hump. But for Tatum to beat Crockett it will have to be a team effort. Crockett has the best Athletes in the State, but I still do not believe that they are the best team. Last year we had one or two that did not buy into the team mentality, and it cost us a championship. This year I believe it to be different. Tatum is well prepared and I believe ready.

Well today is the day. I know the smack talking will get worse today! I don't know who will come out on top when the whistle blows, but I do not see a game like last year. This one will be close - good luck to both. I do believe that the winner will be in Cowboy Stadium on the 15th @ 8pm, I know there is one game before that one, but I don't see anyone else with the talent that these two teams have. I know that after the win tonight that whoever wins can have a let down and get beat next week, but I am banking they make it to STATE. Very close game but still going with the Bulldogs.

Go Big BLue!

I hope to see a good game and most importantly no injuries. I hope for safe travel for everyone going to this game and all others games tonight. I hope to see good sportsmanship and hard hitting football. Regardless who wins tonight, the 2A Div I title needs to come back to region 3, it's been in region 2 way too long!

Now, it's......... SMACK TIME!!

Go Big BLue!

Good post, I agree with everything execpt the Go Big Blue part lol..

On a side note- That 8PM game on the 15th won't happen. It will be more like a 9-9:15PM start time.. lol

• Crockett: ATH Dominique Wheeler, Sr., 6-2, 176 (66 carries, 740 yards, 4 TDs; 34 catches, 667 yards, 9 TDs; 7 of 11, 55 yards, 1 TD; committed to Texas Tech) ... QB Andjuwan Smith, Sr., 5-10, 210 (69 of 107, 1,418 yards, 19 TDs, 3 INTs; 176 carries, 1,240 yards, 20 TDs) ... RB Denell Parker, Sr., 6-2, 190 (108 carries, 1,112 yards, 13 TDs) ... WR Michael McKnight, Jr., 5-9, 160 (18 catches, 397 yards, 3 TDs) ... ATH D’Vaughan Le, Sr., 5-7, 185 (21 carries, 161 yards, 3 TDs; 13 catches, 270 yards, 5 TDs; 2 fumble recoveries, 20-yard return TD, 1 sack vs. Harmony) ... LB Devin Chambers, Jr., 6-0, 185 (33-yard INT return TD vs. Harmony) ... OL J’Lynt English, Sr., 6-2, 341 ... OL Tevin Collins, Sr., 6-1, 332 ... OL Michael Manning, Sr., 5-10, 297 ... WR/DB De’Yasim Warfield, Jr., 5-10, 145.
  • Tatum: QB Jalen Overstreet, Sr., 6-3, 211 (98 of 186, 1,823 yards, 16 TDs, 6 INTs; 205 carries, 1,409 yards, 25 TDs) ... WR/DB Nate Pickett, Sr., 6-3, 200 (47 catches, 921 yards, 10 TDs;) ... RB/LB L.J. Johnson (82 carries, 541 yards, 9 TDs; 15 catches, 376 yards, 3 TDs) ... RB Shaq Johnson (115 carries, 688 yards, 1 TD; 9 catches, 97 yards, 1 TD) ... TE Daven Reese, Sr., 6-2, 205 (23 catches, 341 yards, 1 TD) ... OL Darius Whiting ... LB Kiano Lucas ... DB Jordan Noel ... LB Tre Jackson ... DL Larance Hale.

--Longview News Journal

I AM NEW TO THIS BUT I MISSED CROCKETT AND TATUM LAST YEAR CAUSE I WAS AT CAMERON YOE GAME WHERE I HAD A NEPHEW PLAYING AND THEN WAS AT THE GAME VS TATUM.FROM WATCHING CROCKETT ALL LAST YEAR UNTIL THAT POINT IT SEEMS IT WAS A MENTAL BREAKDOWN WHICH I MUST SAY THEY ARE MUCH BETTER IN THAT DEPARTMENT AFTER THE COLDSPRINGS LOST THIS YEAR.I ALSO WATCH CAMERON LAST YEAR LOSE IN THE STATE FINAL WHERE THEY WHERE CLEARLY THE BETTER TEAM.MY POINT IS AFTER SEEING ALL THESE TEAMS CROCKETT HAD MORE TALENT.THIS YEARS TEAMS HAS EVEN MORE I DONT PREDICT WINS BUT IF THEY STAY FOCUSED LIKE THEY HAVE THE PAST FEW WEEKS THEY ARE GOING TO BE IMPOSIBLE TO BEAT.

I AM NEW TO THIS BUT I MISSED CROCKETT AND TATUM LAST YEAR CAUSE I WAS AT CAMERON YOE GAME WHERE I HAD A NEPHEW PLAYING AND THEN WAS AT THE GAME VS TATUM.FROM WATCHING CROCKETT ALL LAST YEAR UNTIL THAT POINT IT SEEMS IT WAS A MENTAL BREAKDOWN WHICH I MUST SAY THEY ARE MUCH BETTER IN THAT DEPARTMENT AFTER THE COLDSPRINGS LOST THIS YEAR.I ALSO WATCH CAMERON LAST YEAR LOSE IN THE STATE FINAL WHERE THEY WHERE CLEARLY THE BETTER TEAM.MY POINT IS AFTER SEEING ALL THESE TEAMS CROCKETT HAD MORE TALENT.THIS YEARS TEAMS HAS EVEN MORE I DONT PREDICT WINS BUT IF THEY STAY FOCUSED LIKE THEY HAVE THE PAST FEW WEEKS THEY ARE GOING TO BE IMPOSIBLE TO BEAT.

I agree that they have to be focused from the kick off until the buzzer goes off in the 4th qtr.

Go Big Blue!

Harmony was far superior than Tatum and then yall run them over...........NOT!! Harmony was better than yall saw last saturday night. They made yall look pretty darn good. Crockett owes Harmony a big thank ya!

NOW THAT SOUNDS LIKE CROCKETT LAST YEAR !AGAINST TATUM SO BE CAREFUL WHO YOU THANK

In a perfect world, this game would be the state championship. Both teams are better than the four teams on the other side of the playoffs

Thats exactly what everyone was saying about the Tatum/Crockett game last year, and then the Tatum/Yoe game...didn't work out that way did it...in football OR basketball!!!!

Yoe better than last year's Dfield team? What are you smoking?

It's been a long week for sure, I think what's going to decide this one is if crocketts o line will be ready for 4 qtrs. They looked tired at the end of first half against Harmony. If we go to no huddle and play fast pace and put big dogs back on field I believe they will wear down and the big 27 and 52 will be in the backfield all night!!! Just can't see their o line being in good shape, but we will see!! Good luck to both teams and fans in traveling! Go tatum!!