Tatum VS Crockett

iirepTATUM09

DirtyBird, I told him where to find me on Friday night. I'm tired of his insults. Let him insult me in person. I didn't start this, and by God, I'm an adult that has invested alot for this team to have someone talk to me like he did.

Be funny if he was foolish enough to take a swing, and he might. Being he is "Old School", I hope he has a good grip on his walker so he doesn't fall and break a hip.

• Replies 591
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Havent been on here since Friday.....but all i have to say is Crocketthas a hellova team, never seen so many athletes on one team....PS. Crocket coach if #28 is coming back next year, u might want to put the ball in his hands a little more, well maybe A LOT more!

Congrads to Tatum. Proud of our Bulldogs for the mental toughness shown all night. My big worry coming in was that they would be psyched out because of the whipping they took last year. Crockett defense played really good. Gave up only 2 touchdowns to a fabulous offensive machine.

Kicking game was huge as mentioned above.

Poor sportsmanship on Crockett #5? I don't think so. I think this award may go to the Tatum band.

I don't think I have ever seen a band just make random loud noise when the opposing team has the ball in front of them.

Playing entertaining music is acceptable, not what they did.

As I mentioned above, the critical play in the game was when our punt returning lined up so close to the line of scrimmage, when we had seen the Tatum punter kick them over 40 yards before, and he was kicking with the wind. Ball sails over his head, downed inside the 1.

The Crockett kicker is hanging his head, whereas the punt returner for Crockett ought to be hanging his head on this one.

How did you guys lose to Harmony, even without #2, I don't understand.

I dont know much about the band, but i do know that Crockett band was supposed to stay on the field (sideline) at haftime after they performed. but they just casually walked back into the stands and sat down while Tatum was performing!

First, yes I was at the game Friday night and that makes the third Crockett game I have attended. Being retired I have the luxury of going to a large number of games in East Tx. I have been retired for a few years and was fortunate enough to coach with some great men and great coaches and THAT is the reason I made the post and will continue to take up for coaches when they are attacked by people that THINK they know what its like to coach. Just because someone "watches game films" and "does some research" means absolutely nothing when it comes to knowing how to coach.

Coaching a team of 15-18 year olds is one of the most diffucult and rewarding job a man can have and "watching video" is a very small part of the job. Dealing with the youth of today and especially the kids that come from such troubled/broken homes and molding them into a "team" is literally a 24-7 job. The coaches are the only fathers and only positive male influences the kids might ever have in their lives.

Coaches do this while often neglecting their own families. The hours and hours of preparation, tutoring the kids, doing the reps over and over during the week and coming up with a game plan and introducing it to the team takes literally hundreds of hours a week. Not a couple of hours of watching game film!

So once again I will repeat my post above...get your degree, get on the field and go through what those men go through and then report back to us or shut up and support your coach. They deserve and need it.

Tigertown111, I agree with almost everything that you posted on this post. Except the last two sentences. I was going to college to be a coach and ended up changing my degree for one of the reasons you listed. It takes many hours away from your family. But if you decide to take up coaching in Texas, then you should expect to get criticism and if you do not win in many programs then you will be removed. I have many coaches in my family and have know 100's more. When you decide to make a career choice were 15, 16, 17 year old kids decide your future then you open yourself up to those fans. If you do not like it or can not stand the heat, then get out of the kitchen. I know that coaches have a tight circle and will defend each other, whether it is right or wrong. But for you to call some one out for their opinion, is ridiculous. Why not give your opinion, since you have watched Crockett a whole 3 times this year, why the coach did a great job and should be happy with his choices and how he has done with the team the last couple of years.

You of all people should know that in Texas, coaching is a tough profession. But the high competition and the high expectations by fans make Texas one of the number one recruiting states in the nation. If you do not like it, then move to Montana or Idaho and go watch football there or try coaching there. I am sure that a coaches job is more secure and they have way less criticism.

Would love to hear your opinion on my comments and you are more than welcome to PM me, but it is about time to put this thread to bed. Time to move on to Tatum Hempstead thread.

Havent been on here since Friday.....but all i have to say is Crocketthas a hellova team, never seen so many athletes on one team....PS. Crocket coach if #28 is coming back next year, u might want to put the ball in his hands a little more, well maybe A LOT more!

#28 is a senior. Is committed to play at Texas Tech next year...

one more thing this will settle the coaching thing the 2007-08 crockett team produced 5 d1 signees and all were on the same team that had mabey 2 playoff wins now you tell me whats wrong with this picture.btw let this post die already the pain was almost gone.

one more thing this will settle the coaching thing the 2007-08 crockett team produced 5 d1 signees and all were on the same team that had mabey 2 playoff wins now you tell me whats wrong with this picture.btw let this post die already the pain was almost gone.

Hey maxjean, who are the 5 D1 signees? I can think of Willie and Tracy, although Tracy not at D1 school. Champ in next years class. Lonnie went D1 in track for one year.

Who am I missing?

Hey maxjean, who are the 5 D1 signees? I can think of Willie and Tracy, although Tracy not at D1 school. Champ in next years class. Lonnie went D1 in track for one year.

Who am I missing?

Who cares? I would've kicked the PAT as well. You ask a kid to make a play, and he didn't. That's how it goes sometimes.

Who am I missing?

JAGGERAD DAVIS,SMU,DONALD GOLBERT ,TULSA AND I THOUGHT THAT TEAM WAS THAT TRACY IS AT WAS D1 THEY ARE IN THE SAME CONFERANCE AS TROY I THINK.

Who cares? I would've kicked the PAT as well. You ask a kid to make a play, and he didn't. That's how it goes sometimes.

Wrong! The kid had already missed 1 and against Harmony he missed more. Crockett did not have much trouble getting first downs all night. What is a couple more yards after driving the field with less than 2 minutes left. Tatum kicker had already kicked 44 and 39 yarders. Going for a tie vs game winning 2pt.....hmmmm, well that seems to be a no brainer. Very bad call by Crockett coach. Now, don't pin the lose on this kid. Lets let this thread die away and slide into history.

Wrong! The kid had already missed 1 and against Harmony he missed more. Crockett did not have much trouble getting first downs all night. What is a couple more yards after driving the field with less than 2 minutes left. Tatum kicker had already kicked 44 and 39 yarders. Going for a tie vs game winning 2pt.....hmmmm, well that seems to be a no brainer. Very bad call by Crockett coach. Now, don't pin the lose on this kid. Lets let this thread die away and slide into history.

Hindsight is always 20/20 guy. I also saw Tatum tackle Crockett ball carriers in the backfield. You go with the higher percentage play. Once again, you ask the kid to make a play, he didn't. That's how it goes.

Hindsight is always 20/20 guy. I also saw Tatum tackle Crockett ball carriers in the backfield. You go with the higher percentage play. Once again, you ask the kid to make a play, he didn't. That's how it goes.

I think the higher percentage was try for 2pt and hope to hold Tatum for the last minute of the game. Apparently you did not go to the Crockett/Harmony game, if I remember right (I am getting old lol) the kid missed as many as he made. Don't tell me I am looking in hindsight. I nearly fell over at the game when they lined up to kick. That was foresight.

ethsfootball YOUR 100% CORRECT YOU CANT BLAME THE KID ON THIS WHAT ALOT OF YOU ON HERE DONT KNOW IS THAT THIS KID HAD A BAD GROIN PULL BUT THE COACHES DID NOTHING ABOUT IT THEY LET HIM KEEP KICKING,AS EVERYONE IN CROCKETT KNOWS THIS KID HAS KICKED 40+ YARD FIELD GOALS BEFORE WITH PLENTY OF ROOM LEFT,I KNOW WHY THEY LET HIM KICK AND IT WAS A COWARDLY MOVE ON THEIR PART.