82 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Tatum
    • Hempstead

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't know a thing about Hempstead, but the team I watched last night wins this game! could be close or blow out but Eagles have this one and on their way to Arlington!

Go Big Blue! (2 times only, this week and next week - Go Big Green!)

I graduated Hempstead '08, I'm excited for the game. When we were 3A back when I was in school we would get close to taking State from yall in Track just didn't have quiet enough haha. But ya population is actually right around 5k, small town though tbh. Hempstead isn't a cocky team, Coach Sergant and the Def. Coor as well as the Off Coor are all from Jasper and the team that won state there. They moved to Hempstead when I was a sophomore and have turned the entire town around from, in my opinion, a crumbling city and brought the people as wel as the school together. I've watched the current team grow throughout middle school and high school even played over most of them as well as coached them a couple years after I graduated. They are a unique group, quiet and listen, VERY well disciplined (thanks to Sarg). Perfect is there goal and last night was really the first TD they allowed all playoffs (first game they let the team score 7 was a pick 6) and last night we just barely let them slip in the first 6 then at the end our second and third string allowed the last score. I'm really excited for the game, seem like it's going to be Hempstead's Defense versus Tatum Offense. Oh and personally Trent (the 6'5" WR #11) is a better Safety then WR...the boy hits like a train...

Figured I'd bring some Hempstead to the thread lol

I graduated Hempstead '08, I'm excited for the game. When we were 3A back when I was in school we would get close to taking State from yall in Track just didn't have quiet enough haha. But ya population is actually right around 5k, small town though tbh. Hempstead isn't a cocky team, Coach Sergant and the Def. Coor as well as the Off Coor are all from Jasper and the team that won state there. They moved to Hempstead when I was a sophomore and have turned the entire town around from, in my opinion, a crumbling city and brought the people as wel as the school together. I've watched the current team grow throughout middle school and high school even played over most of them as well as coached them a couple years after I graduated. They are a unique group, quiet and listen, VERY well disciplined (thanks to Sarg). Perfect is there goal and last night was really the first TD they allowed all playoffs (first game they let the team score 7 was a pick 6) and last night we just barely let them slip in the first 6 then at the end our second and third string allowed the last score. I'm really excited for the game, seem like it's going to be Hempstead's Defense versus Tatum Offense. Oh and personally Trent (the 6'5" WR #11) is a better Safety then WR...the boy hits like a train...

Figured I'd bring some Hempstead to the thread lol

y'all better not overlook our defense. What kind of athletes do y'all have down there?

They are all around really, RB #23 is a lil guy (Archie Taylor) but in an open field....lil Sandars wannabe is what I call him haha. QB Obie Wilder is very poise majority of the time and can hit his many targets (Hempstead always been full of athletes just never had the right coach to get them disciplined). #15 Ronnie Jones is a beast of a LB and compliments #11 Trent perfectly. We aren't the biggest boys on the field but they do have all the heart in the world and will play to the last down like it's 0-0. I'm glad we have a big challenge to get past yall so I can see what these boys are about, every game I've watched just seems too easy for them (one of the district games, I forget which ? I idk I forget...but the other team didn't get a first down til we had in all our back ups with less than a minute left in the game lol. The other team was prolly crappy but no first downs is a feet to accomplish by a defense. We always have had a knack for big plays on offense too since before I can remember. Oh and don't worry I knowww Tatum is a great program I've kept up with them since I was in HS that what's excited....last night Blanco was a disappointment, they didn't have a QB or a Kicker, got boring after second half...Oh and our kicker is pretty decent. It's going to be a good game, Battle of the GREENS!

If anyone wants to read up on the Tatum/Crockett game......

ATHENS — The Tatum Eagles continued to be Crockett’s worst nightmare in the playoffs — football and basketball — on Friday.

Nate Pickett caught two touchdown passes and returned an interception for a score, and Tatum held on for a 34-33 win over Crockett in a Class 2A Division I Region III final Friday at Bruce Field.

Tatum (12-2) moves on to face Hempstead next Friday in a state semifinal at Waco ISD Stadium. Crockett ends its season with an 11-2 record and a familiar feeling.

Tatum knocked Crockett out of the football playoffs last December and then booted the Bulldogs from the basketball playoffs in the regional championship game in March.

On Friday, Tatum needed a late break to hold on for the win and got it when the Bulldogs missed an extra point with just more than a minute remaining after Crockett had pulled to within a point — 34-33 — on a 9-yard touchdown run by quarterback Andjuwan Smith.

Crockett opened the scoring just more than minute into the game on a 2-yard touchdown run by Smith, but the Eagles countered five minutes later when Jalen Overstreet hit Pickett on a screen pass and Pickett took it 26 yards for the touchdown. Samuel Zapata, who had a big game for the Eagles, tied things at 7-7 with his extra point.

After Smith hooked up with Jonathan Ware on an 8-yard touchdown pass to close out the first period to put Crockett in front 14-7, Overstreet and Pickett connected again on a short TD pass early in the second to again knot the score (14-14).

Pickett finished with three catches for 37 yards. Overstreet was 11 of 22 for 128 yards and two scores through the air.

Pickett put the Eagles in front with 8:39 to play in the first half when he stepped between two Crockett players and intercepted a screen pass by Smith, returning it 20 yards for the pick six and a 21-14 lead.

Smith scored on a 4-yard run late in the half, but the PAT failed. Zapata then booted a 44-yard field goal to cap the first half scoring and give the Eagles a 24-20 cushion at intermission.

Crockett went in front for the last time on a 1-yard run by Smith in the third, but Zapata’s 39-yard field goal knotted the score at 27-27 with 4:14 to play and Jordan Noel made it 34-27 with a 55-yard interception return.

Smith hit Texas Tech pledge Dominique Wheeler on a 63-yard pass to set up a 1-yard run by Smith with 1:34 to play, but the PAT sailed wide right and Tatum’s Daven Reese recovered an onside kick to seal the deal for the Eagles.

A little background info team wise, in 05 when I played we made playoffs to barely lose to Cameron yoe (when we were 3a with y'all), that was the first year Sarg was there and that was the first year we made playoffs in 21 years. This year is the best record in Hempstead history period....we went 10-0 in 1955 and they have now broke that record after winning round 3. They are motivate, determined, and very disciplined; can't wait!

TDB we have a 3/half hr drive friday.But i'll be there to watch the eagles take another one to the house.

Ido not see hempstead having the size lineman that crocket had,they had to average well over 300 lbs

they were big ,and I don't think they will have the speed that crocket had either.after reading about the

game with blanco they scored all there points pretty much in 12 minutes and done much of nothing after that.

4 of there touchdowns took less than 1 minute 40 seconds apeace and 2 of those touchdowns consisted

of 1 play each.blancos team was a third place team in there district and won its 3 playoff games by a combine

5 points.hempstead only ran 32 plays for the entire game. my pick TATUM 35 HEMPSTEAD 14

We shut it down after we got the lead, The lineman part is true we aren't too meaty but they have been getting the job done, they have good feet. We only did what we had to in order to win, can't let Tatum get our entire playbook from the film. Really most of our games we have shut it down after halftime and play veryyy conservatively in order to keep our film simple. I guarantee we grab the Crocket film and probably the two films of the games Tatum has lost (maybe not the first one cuz it was so early in the season)

And about the two TD's that took one play each....told you Hempstead has a nack for big plays haha. They don't have an issue putting long drives down the field together either.

We shut it down after we got the lead, The lineman part is true we aren't too meaty but they have been getting the job done, they have good feet. We only did what we had to in order to win, can't let Tatum get our entire playbook from the film. Really most of our games we have shut it down after halftime and play veryyy conservatively in order to keep our film simple. I guarantee we grab the Crocket film and probably the two films of the games Tatum has lost (maybe not the first one cuz it was so early in the season)

And about the two TD's that took one play each....told you Hempstead has a nack for big plays haha. They don't have an issue putting long drives down the field together either.

If you want the losing game films, you get the Tatum/Gilmer game and the Tatum/Harmony film. If Hempstead studies the Harmony film very closely, y'all might have a chance.

I'm not gonna say this will be a Tatum blowout. Hempstead has only allowed 96 points this year and the most in one game was 23 I believe so Tatum has their work cut out for them. It going to be a great game.

But against who?

Hempsteads combined opp record is 62-78... A SIX loss Blanco team is pretty much their biggest win of the year.

Tatums combined opp record is 87-72.. In the preseason Tatum beat three 3A playoff teams. In the playoffs Tatum has beaten three district champs.

Worlds of difference between Regions III and IV.

We are the undercats for real, we are just a team that you can't ever count out til it's sewed up. When I was in school and we had records like 0-10 as a freshman then the next year turn around to beat multiple ranked teams and most of them we would be picked to lose by literally 40+ points. I do miss being 3A though when we were in Dist with Sealy, Bellville, and Rice...good times in 05 haha (yall had better :P)

Here's y'all a little something. Both teams are green, but not just any green. Both teams are Kelly Green. Nice.

Yes!