nacogdoches AD QUITS

nacdragon07

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

People should not be allowed to run for school board if they have kids in school......I have been in this business for a long time, and I have seen some fine, educated,and respected people turn to "goof ####" when they get on the school board. I have seen doctors, lawyers, and other "educated" professionals make some of the most ignorant comments and decisions once they are in a position of power and their kids are involved. It is human nature to protect your own, and in this case, that parental instict seems to have went too far. The best board members I have been involved with over my career have been people who didn't have children in school, and didn't let their emotions and parental instinct get in the way of making intelligent decisions. It's not an easy job, but when you have children involved, it gets a whole lot tougher. I, as well as most educators, have story upon story about the kind of situation that is mentioned above. Just food for thought........

+100

Some of the same people that have a problem with rules are the same ones that have run the Nacogdoches Youth Baseball Assn. for the past years,and they still are bending the rules for the ritch people. We all see what the Nacogoches baseball has become. What happen to the good ole days of Pete Smith,Jeff Kendrick,and Floyd Dobbs. I say for once lets all stand up and say to these people that you cant bend the rules.

A FULL year for drinking no exceptions. You have got to be kidding me. Think back. Who would design, impose and then who would sign off on such a policy. They must be insane. Kids mess up. Punish them but dont take away a valuable tool and the resources that may really straighten them out in the long run.

A FULL year that is ####. The next time your kid messes up take someting away from them or ground them for an entire calander year.

They were locked out, actually, in order to leverage them into taking less money than they were previously getting.

You are right.....but the Players could have ended the lockout at any time. They were wanting MORE money than the owner's wanted to give them.

A FULL year for drinking no exceptions. You have got to be kidding me. Think back. Who would design, impose and then who would sign off on such a policy. They must be insane. Kids mess up. Punish them but dont take away a valuable tool and the resources that may really straighten them out in the long run.

A FULL year that is ####. The next time your kid messes up take someting away from them or ground them for an entire calander year.

You are a little behind. The issue isn't the policy. The issue is that the Superintendent signed off on the policy and then 3 rich boys were the first to get punished so he decides that it isn't OK. He should have been a professional about it and wait until after the school year and then tell the AD to come up with a new policy. Taking this matter public is very unprofessional.

If these 3 students were from the projects this would not even be a story.

Good post loser and exactly correct. Maybe one of the classless moves I have ever heard of. And just in case you apologists think this policy is out of line check out Coppers Cove out in the Waco area. Exact same policy was put into place several years ago when new coach/AD came in and this has turned the program around. Guess their administration and board still has a backbone and actually wants to help their kids learn that there are consequences for actions. Good and bad!!

Kids are kids, they shouldn't be banned from sports for an ENTIRE YEAR for a FIRST TIME drinking infraction. That has a good possibility of running them off from sports completely, or transferring schools over a FIRST time infraction. Get a clue idiot. Do you wear a helmet?

Kids are kids? tell that to the mother whos daughter died after being hit by a kid drunk driver, Life taught that kid who was drunk that you are going to be punished for 9 years of your life. So if your child has to miss 1 year of a sport to get your act together id say it would be worth it. If not learning a lesson from your mistake and it ran the kid off chances are the coach shouldnt want that kid on the team in the first place. So wheres your helment?

First of all Gordo you should learn to discuss things without insulting people and using juvenile names. You are a prime example of whats wrong with society. Excusing behaviour that can have a direct and deadly result on the young people or the genaral public had they killed or mamed someone while they were under the influence is just plain ridiculous. Maybe even criminal. Giving "little Johnny" a slap on the hand for putting themselves and others at risk is just ludicrous but not surprising in the society that we live in today. So Gordon try learning how to discuss without acting like a junior high kid and maybe someone will actually listen to what you have to say. Right now you look pretty silly. Grow up.

Did one of them get a DUI? There are different levels of infractions bozo. Each situation should be looked at differently. No on is condoning drinking and driving, and I don't think a FIRST time infraction(of a lessor offense) should warrant a YEAR suspension. Take a lap....

I also sense a lot of jealousy on this thread. For all of you guys acting like you're taking the moral high ground, have fun bashing families from behind a computer screen. I bet that will get you to the pearly gates.

I assume that they would have better luck following your example?

Kids are kids, they shouldn't be banned from sports for an ENTIRE YEAR for a FIRST TIME drinking infraction. That has a good possibility of running them off from sports completely, or transferring schools over a FIRST time infraction. Get a clue idiot. Do you wear a helmet?

yep...gg is a pothead

Are they charged with a crime?

I never condoned that behavior, I just said the punishment was too harsh. Follow the bouncing ball.

Potentially the dumbest question ever posted on smoaky.........Rules are rules, they shouldn't be changed mid-stream to satisfy the spoiled masses...

You are the one that has completely dropped the ball in this discussion. I'll type slow so you can follow along.

1. The ad was asked to come up with a set of rules and guidlines.

2. The ad did this and it was approved by the board and supe.

3. Rules were broken guidlines that WERE APPROVED BY THE BOARD AND SUPE were circumvented.

Just about as simple as I can make it for you gordo. That process is an illegal action by the supe and board. Period.

Amazing how you continue to make remarks about "putting down the bottle" and this whole discussion is about the board and supe condoning easier penalties on KIDS THAT DRINK!!!

Hmmmm freudian slip or maybe you are very close to the situation? You are a brand new poster with all your posts on THIS subject...sure sounds fishy to me!!! If it walks like a duck, quacks like a duck....interesting!!!

Either way you need to get your story straight. You have changed your "stance" so many times you can't even get your story straight. The one thing you have managed to do is reinforce just how inept the board/supe was in this situation.