nacogdoches AD QUITS

nacdragon07

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I never said that, I just suggested that the pressure to change it may have been too much. I never said that it was a good way to handle it. Put down the bottle.

Pressure from who? The board president who let the students drink at his house and also approved this policy a few months ago???

Alpha is absolutely correct. Very sad that standing for what is right and moraly correct is even questioned but thats the direction our society has been going for a while...downhill fast and adults that actually facilitate that behaviour. They are the ones that should be punished.

You made an scandalous comment that I didn't deem worth answering. I think it's time for you to go to recess.

Actually the comment I made is based on facts from the story released by NISD. These 3 students were at the school board president's house drinking before going to the homecoming dance.

Look LOSER, you don't know if he furnished the alcohol or even knew that they were drinking. That's what you infer, but you don't know. I think it's time for you to take a lap....forever.

How do you not know there are drunk kids in your house? Does he live in a mansion with a west wing and an east wing?

Look LOSER, you don't know if he furnished the alcohol or even knew that they were drinking. That's what you infer, but you don't know. I think it's time for you to take a lap....forever.

Doesn't matter if he did or didn't. This is a conflict of interest. He is changing a policy because someone got in trouble at his house. I think it's time for you to go back to class. You have the 8th grade STARR test this year.

We are witness to the reason public education in America is a joke today. Life may give you multiple chances, it may not. You cannot legislate that, trying to do so only enforces more bad decisions. The greatest teacher of experience is the accountability we are held to, and when adults, administrators, who should know better try to run interference and lessen the natural accountability that comes with decision makeing, you get what we see daily.

To those that say, athletics are what many of these kids live for, well then shame on us. High schools with million dollar stadiums, athletes getting new uniforms just for the playoffs, real teachers losing jobs while every resource is given to athletics. Just look at how out of balance sports has become in this nation. We have players, people who play basketball, baseball, football for a living, that make millions of dollars for playing a game, and they go on strike for more money. Disgusting. Well if we allow them to live for this "game" we are letting them set themselves up for failure. Athletics should be nothing more than an additive for real life. Unless we are in the job of teaching kids to strive for the statistically unobtainable. So Screaming Eagle, your reasons and justifications are one of the main "ideas" that lead to such nonsense. No accounability. What kids live for, give me a break. The job of parents and teachers is to guide young kids to what life requires and how to make good decisions.

As for it being a career ending decision or whatever Coach H is trying to say, well for 98% of high school athletes they will not make careers out of sports. To those that might, just might, have the skills to do so, well just look at the ones who did make it, and see how their decisions are. Look at the news daily and see how some babied, pampered, and irresponsible "athlete" is throwing a fit. Even those who make it should have been given better decision making skills. Bottom line, in this out of wack nation, if he can help us win, that is all that matters, being a good person, doesn't matter. Win baby win. And we wonder why things are so messed up.

Ask yourself this, why would one man, doing what is right, standing up for his beliefs, standing on principle and values make the news? Because very few do that today and when we have one try, you have idiot administrators, further breaking down and devaluing values and standards. Godd job Hayes/Rocco. Classy. This shouldn't even make news, it should be expected that every teacher has such high standards.

Sorry for the long rant. Hard to witness such lack of common sense.

Preach it Brother!!!!!!!!!

I disagree with you, so I must be a kid. Solid logic!

Notice that he just joined yesterday. This is either one of the kids who was hitting the sauce or one of the daddys that created a smoaky screen name just to defend his party skills.

LOL I guess you never get on the College Board

you-must-be-new-here-willy-wonka.jpg?1322246137

I'm not close to this situation at all. I have seen a similar situation(it didn't blow up like this). I just thought the rule was a little much, & I think it speaks for itself that the administation could have handled it better. I'm done with this, keep up the good work gossip girls.

It doesnt matter if you think the rule was a little much. It was still the rule. so kids are kids just like the laws are laws.

You made an scandalous comment that I didn't deem worth answering. I think it's time for you to go to recess.

Young man - before the moderators suspend you for your responses - as they should - please know that this is nothing personal against you - the fact that you decided to show up to a school function drunk is somewhat irrelevant at this point - the fact that you got your liquor from the School Board president is not - but even that is for the authorities to handle. This is an adult thread that we really don't expect you to understand. A society is built on rules and the ability for authorities to enforce rules. If you want to see how a society functions without enforcement of rules - Google "Looting after hurrican Katrina in New Orleans." In the New Orleans case - even the law enforcement authorities were looting. In the Nacadoches case - the authorities are also implicit in that they have arbitrarily decided to enforce the rules different for a certain sub group of that town. From this point forward - the School Board and/or AD will not be able to enforce discipline on students in the NISD because a presidence has been set. If I were an Attorney - I would be salavating. Although you think you have been given a bad deal, just know that in the long run - where life matters - your participation in high school sports is way way down the line - and won't matter at all in your career. Good luck and please address adults with respect - most of us have earned it - even though you are being shown otherwise at NISD. God Bless.

Let me clear this up, i'm not a new poster. This is a new name, I have been posting on the college forum a long time. Anybody from over there can tell you. I will probably get banned again for making a new name anyways. I'm not even from Nac, like I said I have seen a similar situation happen in my home town. I didn't realize that this was that big of a deal, I was just arguing that I thought the rule was a little much. Sorry bros

Now THAT is a much better post. You stated your opinion intelligently and without insulting anybody's character or intelligence level. Great job!

Nac Athletic Handbook states:

DRUGS AND ALCOHOL

Exemplary behavior is expected of athletes under the jurisdiction and sponsorship of

NISD schools and the NISD athletic department. There is no acceptable reason for

alcohol or illegal substances to be used by any student-athlete in our athletic programs

at any time during the calendar year, nor are there acceptable reasons for NISD studentathletes

to be present where illegal or controlled substance activities occur at any time

during the calendar year. Any athlete found to be involved with controlled or illegal

substances, through confession, legal or disciplinary chargeable events, will adhere to

the following consequence progression (in addition to disciplinary or legal consequences

that may apply).

FIRST OFFENSE - Suspension from participation for period of two weeks from date of offense

which will carry over year to year or season to season. The student will

remain in the program, but may not participate in any contest during the

suspension.

SECOND OFFENSE- Immediate dismissal from all athletic competitions for one calendar year

from the time of removal. The student may remain in the program at the

discretion of the athletic director and his/her coach.

THIRD OFFENSE- Immediate dismissal from the athletic program for the remainder of the

students NISD athletic career. After two years, the student-athlete may

seek reinstatement by approval of the athletic director, principal and head

coach of the sport(s).

Is this the new rule?