13-4A Basketball Thread

MaravichVSChitwood

District Favorite  

19 members have voted

1. 1. Who's the favorite to win district this year?

• Texas High (Co-District Champ last year)
    • Mt. Pleasant (Co-District Champ last year)
    • Denison
    • Sherman
    • Royse City
    • Greenville
    • Sulphur Springs

I would like to hear what what everyone has in the District.

MP will flat get after you, but in my opinion, they are not loaded with basketball talent. Very well coached and will be in a lot of games that they probably shouldn't be in. Texas High is down this year from what I hear and what I have seen. Royce City can light it up from behid the arc. Greenville beat Hallsville and Hallsville has adecent team this year, but that is just one game and all I know about Greenville. I know nothing about SS, Sherman and Denison.

Interested to see what everyone has. We will know a little more after tonight.

I would like to hear what what everyone has in the District.

MP will flat get after you, but in my opinion, they are not loaded with basketball talent. Very well coached and will be in a lot of games that they probably shouldn't be in. Texas High is down this year from what I hear and what I have seen. Royce City can light it up from behid the arc. Greenville beat Hallsville and Hallsville has adecent team this year, but that is just one game and all I know about Greenville. I know nothing about SS, Sherman and Denison.

Interested to see what everyone has. We will know a little more after tonight.

Denison had a young team last year along with Greenville, but they also have a new head coach. T-High is supposedly down but they always have athletes and a new coach too. Sherman returns the Off. MVP from last year along with a couple of shooters from what I hear. I know nothing about S.S. this year except they have a new coach as well. Everyone knows, this is when it counts. Forget about all the pre-season stuff. Now's the time we will start to see who is ready to play.

Anyone else have any info regarding 13-4A?

• 2 weeks later...

After the first round of district:

Sherman 1-0 (Beat MP @ home) next @ SS

Royse City 1-0 (Beat T-High away) next @ Denison

Denison 1-0 (Beat SS away) next vs. Royse City

Greenville 0-0 next @ MP

MP 0-1 (lost to Sherman away) next vs. Greenville

THigh 0-1 (lost to Royse City @ home) next @ Sherman (1/06)

SS 0-1 (lost to Denison @ home) next vs. Sherman

Good Luck to all teams playing tonight and safe travel!

I apologize, apparently I got a look at last years district schedule for a few of the teams in 13-4A. Thanks to Eagles on his posts in the Texarkana BBall scores for the updates.

Last nights results in 13-4A

Denison beat T-High

MP beat Greenville

Sherman beat SS

Standings

Sherman 2-0

Denison 2-0

Royse City 1-0

MP 1-1

Greenville 0-1

T-High 0-2

SS 0-2

Yes, Denison beat Royse City, Sherman beat T-High and Greenville beat SS.

I have checked Maxpreps approximately 3 different times and it gives me different records/finals for games. The previous edit I have to the district standings is the closest to the one I believe to be right. Sadly, not very many people update Maxpreps with 100% accuracy.

My fault DellaRosa. I must have forgot to change their record with the others. Hopefully I got it straightened out now.

1-17-12 Game Action

Royse City beat MP

Greenville beat Denison

Texas High beat SS

Sherman BYE

Standings

Sherman (4-1) next @ Greenville

Royse City (4-1) next @ SS

Denison (3-2) next @ MP

MP (3-2) next vs. Denison

Greenville (2-3) next vs. Sherman

THigh (2-4) BYE

SS (0-5) next vs. Royse City

Sorry this is so late..haven't been around a computer all weekend.

1-20-12 Game Action

MP beat Denison

Greenville beat Sherman (0T)

Royse City beat SS

THigh BYE

Greenville pulls off an upset of Sherman to put them in a tie for 3rd with Denison. Royse City is all alone at the top of 13-4A but play a T-High team at home that had a BYE last week. The two 2nd place teams (MP and Sherman) battle it out at MP on Tuesday night. Denison faces a winless SS team that has nothing to lose.

Standings

Royse City (5-1) next @ THigh

Sherman (4-2) next @ MP

MP (4-2) next vs. Sherman

Denison (3-3) next @ SS

Greenville (3-3) BYE

THigh (2-4) next vs. Royse City

SS (0-6) next vs. Denison

Sorry this is so late..haven't been around a computer all weekend.

1-20-12 Game Action

MP beat Denison

Greenville beat Sherman (0T)

Royse City beat SS

THigh BYE

Greenville pulls off an upset of Sherman to put them in a tie for 3rd with Denison. Royse City is all alone at the top of 13-4A but play a T-High team at home that had a BYE last week. The two 2nd place teams (MP and Sherman) battle it out at MP on Tuesday night. Denison faces a winless SS team that has nothing to lose.

Standings

Royse City (5-1) next @ THigh

Sherman (4-2) next @ MP

MP (4-2) next vs. Sherman

Denison (3-3) next @ SS

Greenville (3-3) BYE

THigh (2-4) next vs. Royse City

SS (0-6) next vs. Denison

--------------------------------------------

Thanks so much for posting. The district race is still wide open.

1-24-12 Game Action

THigh beat Royse City

Sherman beat MP

Denison beat SS

Standings

Royse City (5-2) BYE

Sherman (5-2) next vs. SS

MP (4-3) next @ Greenville

Denison (4-3) next vs. THigh

Greenville (3-3) next vs. MP

THigh (3-4) next @ Denison

SS (0-7) next @ Sherman

T-High pulls off the upset @ their house over Royse City and creates a HUGE stir in District 13-4A. Sherman hits a deep 3 with 5.4 seconds left at Mt. Pleasant to pull off a 1 pt win and take the tie breaker from MP. Denison keeps SS winless in district. This second half of district will be a dog fight.

1-27-12 Game Action

Royse City BYE

Sherman beat SS

Greenville beat MP

THigh beat Denison

Greenville and T-High are in attack mode. Greenville has won 4 straight and T-High has won 2 straight, making the District 13-4A race a dogfight for the final 2 playoff spots.

Standings

Sherman (6-2) next @ T-High - Huge game for both teams. If Sherman wins, they will sit at the top of 13-4A .5 game ahead of Royse City, whom they play on Friday. However, never look past T-High, especially if you're playing AT T-High. If T-High wins it creates an even bigger dogfight for the district crown in 13-4A.

Royse City (5-2) next vs. Denison - If Denison can pull off the upset, it could shake things up even more for playoff seedings. Royse City needs to win if they have hopes of being District Champs as they are .5 a game behind Sherman. Those two teams face off on Friday in Sherman.

Greenville (4-3) next @ SS - Greenville looks to get their winning streak to 5 games in district and possibly create a 3 way tie for 1st place (if Sherman AND Royse City lose). More pressure lies on RC and Sherman though than the Lions.

MP (4-4) BYE - Play SS at home on Friday and looking to stop their 2 game skid in district with a W.

Denison (4-4) next @ Royse City (see above)

T-High (4-4) next vs. Sherman (see above)

SS (0-8) next vs. Greenville (see above)

Texas High is becoming more competitve each week. After pre-district, I would not have thought they had a shot at the playoffs. It will be an interesting end of district. Only Sulphur Springs is out of the race for the playoffs.

Exactly! I don't know if people gave Greenville a shot too but they have been super competitive as well. This district should be fun down the stretch, but there will be some heartbreak in there for some teams as well.

2-3-12 Game Action

Sherman (7-2) vs. Royse City (6-2): If Sherman gets the win, they pretty much solidified their district championship this year. I'm sure the home crowd will be very rowdy for this game between the 2 top teams in district.

Greenville (5-3) vs. T-High (4-5): Greenville is on a thrilling 4 game winning streak and I'm sure they'd love to keep that winning streak alive, especially playing AT T-High. T-High is coming off a very disappointing finish vs. Sherman at their place. Sherman hit a game winning 3 pointer (their second game winning 3 in 2 games)after T-High kept a lead almost the entire game. They will definitely be looking for vengeance against G-Ville.

MP (4-4) vs. SS (0-9): MP looks to get back to the winning side after dropping a very close and thrilling game to Sherman and then a lackluster game vs. Greenville. The Tigers could use some help from Greenville with a win as well since that would separate the gap even more between MP, Denison and T-High in the district standings.

Denison (4-5) is the BYE team this week and look to get back in action next Tuesday vs. Sherman at home.

2-7-12 Game Action

Sherman beat Denison (??)

Greenville beat Royse City (50-42)

MP beat T-High (56-54)

SS BYE

Standings

Sherman (9-2) BYE

Greenville (6-4) next vs. Denison

Royse City (6-4) next @ MP

MP (6-4) next vs. Royse City

T-High (5-6) next @ SS

Denison (4-6) next @ Greenville

SS (0-10) next vs. T-High

3 way tie for 2nd place with 2 games remaining!! MP will face Royse City at home and Denison on the road. Greenville will face Denison at home and 1st place Sherman on the road. Royse City will face MP on the road and SS at home.