Saints vs 49ers

New Orleans vs San Francisco  

13 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Saints
    • 49ers

San Francisco could not stop Dallas either. The difference was Dallas' defense is better than New Orleans when it counted. Dallas' offense moved the ball at will against them.

San Fran and Green Bay! Great match up.

It is funny that the stupid turnovers and lack of defense is what doomed New Orleans. Championship teams can not win with this combination. The same qualities that hurt Dallas.

It is funny that the Cowboys didn't make the playoffs. It was a very rare day for NO, and th turnovers in the 1st quarter and the defense (or lack there of) in the 2nd half is what beat the Saints. Like I said, the 49ers were deserving of the win, but the Saints giving up that many points to that offense is pretty sad and telling that we did not deserve anything more than the division championship this season.

• Replies 291
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It is funny that the Cowboys didn't make the playoffs. It was a very rare day for NO, and th turnovers in the 1st quarter and the defense (or lack there of) in the 2nd half is what beat the Saints. Like I said, the 49ers were deserving of the win, but the Saints giving up that many points to that offense is pretty sad and telling that we did not deserve anything more than the division championship this season.

I don't see anything rare for N.O. They still got about their average in points per game. Brees had turnovers. The defense gave up too many yards and too many points. The defense is not very good.

San Francisco on the other hand did what they did all year. Good defense and capitalizing on turnovers. In this game the defense proved to be what wins in the playoffs. The New England and Denver game went the other way.

I don't see anything rare for N.O. They still got about their average in points per game. Brees had turnovers. The defense gave up too many yards and too many points. The defense is not very good.

San Francisco on the other hand did what they did all year. Good defense and capitalizing on turnovers. In this game the defense proved to be what wins in the playoffs. The New England and Denver game went the other way.

Brees had 2 picks leading to 7 points for the 49ers. That is not typical of Drew Brees. But that defense fooled him into that first INT. Good play by that defense.

Other than that, nothing else to argue about :)

Brees had 2 picks leading to 7 points for the 49ers. That is not typical of Drew Brees. But that defense fooled him into that first INT. Good play by that defense.

Other than that, nothing else to argue about :)

This was common for games for Brees. When he throws ints. they are usually 2 or 3 of them in the game. He usually has bad or average ratings for those games as well. This was his 6th multiple int. game this season. That was my point.

San Frans. defense is what everyone talks about.

Brees didn't have a great game. The Saints dropped the ball in the first half....literally. BUT.....at least we got to watch our team play this week.

Brees in the offense didn't play as great as they usually do, but footballs still rained from the sky and our guys usually came down with it. And we still almost won that game. If we could combine LSU's defense, with the Saints offense............. sigh.

Brees didn't have a great game. The Saints dropped the ball in the first half....literally. BUT.....at least we got to watch our team play this week.

See, there WAS a silver lining after all.

First LSU, and now New Orleans.

That first Brees pick looked horrible didn't it.

Yep, you got to watch your team play. But unlike Dallas, your Saints lost.

So grasp onto that silver lining there BB, trust me, YOUR off season is going to hurt alot worse than mine.

And while I'm on the subject there BayouBengal, I'm still looking for that post you made that San Francisco and Detroit wouldn't make the playoffs. It was a post that you made after Dallas beat the 49'ers.

Yep, not only did both make the playoffs, but it was the 49'ers that sent you guys packing.

I can't wait to find it because I may just tag it in my sig.

And while I'm on the subject there BayouBengal, I'm still looking for that post you made that San Francisco and Detroit wouldn't make the playoffs. It was a post that you made after Dallas beat the 49'ers.

Yep, not only did both make the playoffs, but it was the 49'ers that sent you guys packing.

Come on now, did anybody really think that San Fran was going to make the playoffs that early in the season.

So grasp onto that silver lining there BB, trust me, YOUR off season is going to hurt alot worse than mine.

So you are comparing our 1 PLAYOFF (insert Jim Mora voice here) loss to your 8 REGULAR SEASON losses? And you take satisfaction of not making the playoffs so you did not have to lose again? Was this season that painful for you that you would rather not make the playoffs and hope the Saints make it so you can come back and ramble some of the most idiotic stuff I have seen in my SDC career?

sean.png

Not sure how 14-4 hurts worse than 8-8.....but if you say so.

If you have that much time on your hands then have at it "cyber guru". If it makes you feel better then why not. Its a sad day for Cowboys fans when they have to find faults in 14-4 playoff teams just to ease their pain a little bit.

Just for the record, nothing you have ever said on here has had enough value to search threads for. How's Tony been enjoying his offseason these past 2 week?

If you have that much time on your hands then have at it "cyber guru". If it makes you feel better then why not. Its a sad day for Cowboys fans when they have to find faults in 14-4 playoff teams just to ease their pain a little bit.

Just for the record, nothing you have ever said on here has had enough value to search threads for. How's Tony been enjoying his offseason these past 2 week?

He should be praying for a miracle to happen. AKA. Jerry Jones to sell the team and a new OC/HC. A Defense wouldn't hurt either.

Wow, seems there were alot of things missing in those 8 losses.

So you are comparing our 1 PLAYOFF (insert Jim Mora voice here) loss to your 8 REGULAR SEASON losses? And you take satisfaction of not making the playoffs so you did not have to lose again? Was this season that painful for you that you would rather not make the playoffs and hope the Saints make it so you can come back and ramble some of the most idiotic stuff I have seen in my SDC career?

sean.png

Umm, I think you meant to say lost last TWO playoff games. Yes, I believe this picture is fitting of the fact that I had to point that out to you.

Could it be because your use to Dallas not making the playoffs that it doesn't matter or bother you any more?

Actually no, not at all. The fact that Dallas missed out on the playoffs does hurt, but Dallas was having it's problems and was looking at a wildcard birth at best. However, it was you Saints fans who were touting how awesome your team was, how awesome Brees was, and how far the team was going to go.

So far, it goes like this.

Saints make the playoffs two years in a row and gets bounced two years in a row.

Wait, wasn't that the knock on Romo and Dallas?

Umm, I think you meant to say lost last TWO playoff games. Yes, I believe this picture is fitting of the fact that I had to point that out to you.

You are pretty bright. If you can get back on your aderall, you will find out that the Saints won their playoff game last week....

homer-doh.jpg

Actually no, not at all. The fact that Dallas missed out on the playoffs does hurt, but Dallas was having it's problems and was looking at a wildcard birth at best. However, it was you Saints fans who were touting how awesome your team was, how awesome Brees was, and how far the team was going to go.

Saints make the playoffs two years in a row and gets bounced two years in a row.

No, the knock on Romo and Dallas is that they haven't made the playoffs in 2 years. Catch up with the times.

The knock on Romo is he can't win the "big" game. Brees has a ring unlike Romo if it was 2 yrs ago or ten yrs ago the point is he still has one.

Me as a Notre Dame fan am use to the Irish falling short. I'm a fan of them regardless but when they lose I don't even get upset anymore. I think that's where your at with the Cowboys also. It's ok to admit it. :) I did with my ND team.

Go Irish!!!!

No...the knock on Romo is how he looks absolutely pathetic in meaningful situations....and that he has only won 1 playoff game in his outstanding career that you all talk about.

2009 was a long time ago wasn't it?

2 years isn't quite as long as 20. Why can't you see that you are making yourself look like a fool? Let it go man. The Saints had a "pretty good" year. The Cowboys stunk it up......AGAIN. There's always next year man. That's what I tell myself after LSU and NO losing this week. We'll be back. You should just let the pathetic season go and bounce back next year. It's really not worth talking about anymore. Brees and NO has proven that they are better than Romo and Dallas over the past few year. That's all there it too it. Get over it fella.