Chapel Hill Bulldogs

Stankylegg

I see CH having a surprising season next this coming fall. I remember back in the 06 season, the Bulldogs returned 2 starters and were in a district with VAN (Jeremy Calhoun), Canton (Post Kinne playoff team), Browsboro (Richards, Bryan, Johnson, Edwards, Lewis, Epperson, Rudd), Bullard (Charlie Moore), Athens (Elder, Gamble). Need less to say, CH was picked last in district, and ended up making the playoffs in the third spot. CH went big school, and beat Mabank in the first round, and then played toe to toe with LE (The eventual State Champs of that year, LaMichael James :) ).

My Point

Everyone wrote CH off before the season and even during pre-district, because they had graduated so many kids, but when it mattered most, the team gelled together. Even won a playoff game (Hadn't had a playoff victory in over ten year at the time). No to mention battled it out over a long 4 quarters agaisnt a powerhouse team to finish up the season. No team is out of the picture in this district. Not CH, GW, Bullard, or SH. Can't wait.

Well said LilHood... I'm sure Bullard will be picked last again in this district just like they were in last years district. But this is high school football and anything can happen and often does. Being from CH and seeing them as a Bullard parent year in and year out i dont think anyone will be writing CHill off... most games they were playing 2nd and 3rd string by halftime. But i will say i think this is by far the toughest 3a district in Texas. I know Bullad will give everything they got every game. God Bless

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Has it been confirmed that tre Allen is leaving or staying. He is a huge part of this football team.

Not sure. I do know his mom let me borrow a throw for my son at the W Columbia game. I forgot to give it back afterwards in all the hoopla. Maybe we can call her and tell her if she wants it back Tre has to stay at CH. :D

• 2 weeks later...

Did yall ever get a sign up when you come into the town.

Not sure Lion. I live on the north side of Tyler and don't make my way much down 64. Sportsfanforlife should know what exactly they are doing but from what said to me was they where going to put it up on the side of the school where people can see it this time around.

@Lion- where did you get them Henderson-CH numbers on the game that it was profitable in Jerry's World? Do you mind looking up how CH-Alvarado did compared to us two yrs ago? That would be cool to see what game was more profitable the ETX VS ETX or the ETX VS DFW Area game.

@Lion- where did you get them Henderson-CH numbers on the game that it was profitable in Jerry's World? Do you mind looking up how CH-Alvarado did compared to us two yrs ago? That would be cool to see what game was more profitable the ETX VS ETX or the ETX VS DFW Area game.

The Alavarado game had a few more thousand people. Which makes sense if you think about how many east Texas fans went, in combination with a school thirty minutes away.

@ chapel hill fans: what's your thought on the state parade being held in north Tyler. I for one think its the dumbest thing I've heard in a while!. Parade route is Broadway to 32nd street. This is north Tyler not ch. Once again ch has accomplished something so were Tyler chapel hill but if it was a murder or someone getting busted making moonshine then were back to new chapel hill fans: or just ch.

@ chapel hill fans: what's your thought on the state parade being held in north Tyler. I for one think its the dumbest thing I've heard in a while!. Parade route is Broadway to 32nd street. This is north Tyler not ch. Once again ch has accomplished something so were Tyler chapel hill but if it was a murder or someone getting busted making moonshine then were back to new chapel hill fans: or just ch.

I don't get it either.