District 9A DI

trueblue82

I will.

For me, the fun starts when the teams start scrimmaging.

ditto, i love watching the scrimmages too. It's fun watching kids figure things out that u cant get from pract against your teamates. It's nothin like live play. And here's my two cents on my Ram nation this year. I know everone has their "ifs", so here's mine. If we can sure up our line play with some up and comers it's gonna be a good year for us. I honestly think that our defense will be back on track and start shuttin down folks, except maybe twine. Im not naive, this district isn't going to be a pushover, eventhough it's not even close to the district we've been in for the last two years. Back in the day, the games between us, beckville, and carlise were always tough games no matter the talent level just alot of kids playing with heart. It's still gonna come down to who has to most heart. But I will say, the goal is a district championship. Hopefully the hard work that alot of kids are putting in will pay off. So all the RAM NATION get ready to come out and support your boys. I know i will be watching the first scrimmage on August 18th when Garrison gets a taste of what the Rams are cookin!!

• Replies 575
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ditto, i love watching the scrimmages too. It's fun watching kids figure things out that u cant get from pract against your teamates. It's nothin like live play. And here's my two cents on my Ram nation this year. I know everone has their "ifs", so here's mine. If we can sure up our line play with some up and comers it's gonna be a good year for us. I honestly think that our defense will be back on track and start shuttin down folks, except maybe twine. Im not naive, this district isn't going to be a pushover, eventhough it's not even close to the district we've been in for the last two years. Back in the day, the games between us, beckville, and carlise were always tough games no matter the talent level just alot of kids playing with heart. It's still gonna come down to who has to most heart. But I will say, the goal is a district championship. Hopefully the hard work that alot of kids are putting in will pay off. So all the RAM NATION get ready to come out and support your boys. I know i will be watching the first scrimmage on August 18th when Garrison gets a taste of what the Rams are cookin!!

double ditto. +1 and all that. i agree with this and i will be supporting my rams all the way scrimmage to playoffs.

Well with coach A leaving and going to troup , how's this change yall's opinion of this district 's outcome?

none i'll be a homer and pick joaquin the rest well carlisle then dont know but it is sure going to be fun.

Nothing changes to me. Had harleton in fourth place.....theyre still there.

This late in the game, I feel Harleton will promote from within, cuz there's not a lot of good coaches out there. But then again, a good coach leaving in late July is what opened the job up, so what do I know?

Anybody got a fall football schedule for the Blair Mares and the Bobo Hobos?

No but i have Strong ISD, Stockman ISD, Patroon ISD and Hanson Switch if you want them! Doomer has Deadwood ISD and Clayton too, i hear.

did ure dad go to paxton school? ive heard stories about how good they were in basketball.

when i was young papaw took me down to where theyd play. he says paxton versus gary always drew a crowd. I imagine it was quite a big deal in those days.

I think coach Jackson could tell us quite a few stories about those days. If you ever get my papaw, coach Jackson, Thomas Harvey, and Jimmy Glen together you ll get to hear some good stories....but good luck gettin a word in...them old fellas like to talk!!

I'd love to sit in on that conversation!

did ure dad go to paxton school? ive heard stories about how good they were in basketball.

when i was young papaw took me down to where theyd play. he says paxton versus gary always drew a crowd. I imagine it was quite a big deal in those days.

I think coach Jackson could tell us quite a few stories about those days. If you ever get my papaw, coach Jackson, Thomas Harvey, and Jimmy Glen together you ll get to hear some good stories....but good luck gettin a word in...them old fellas like to talk!!

My Grandad and Dad were sharecroppers , so my dad played for Paxton, Strong, Tenaha, Center and New Caney before dropping out at the start of the 11th grade. I'm not kidding. He eventually got his GED while he was in the Army after returning from Korea. My Dad ,Billy Joe Watson and Willis Roe could possibly be some of the good players your Grandfather is talking about. They are all gone now, but not forgotten!

My money is on Possum Trot. You know those Fightin' Possums, they are always tough!

how aboutthe old eagle mill indians they should be good this year with all they have comming back.

my dad went to eagle mill. don t know if they done sports but even if they did he was so poor he had to work instead of play. my grandfather thought sports were for people with nothing to do

This late in the game, I feel Harleton will promote from within, cuz there's not a lot of good coaches out there. But then again, a good coach leaving in late July is what opened the job up, so what do I know?

can anyone tell me what harletons record was last year

They were 4-6, in the 2A DII district with Elysian Fields, Linden Kildare, Ore City, Waskom, and Hughes Springs if memory serves me correctly.

thanks trueblue. how many were districe wins. looks like a good district atleast hughes spriings elysian fields and linden kildare. man i am ready for this year to start. 2 a days are almost upon us. first scrimmage not far off. cant hardly wait