Kilgore football 2012

loggerhead

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Heck, it wouldn't surprise me one bit to see Bullard give Kilgore all they could handle. Once the mayhem starts, and Kilgore realizes they are the target, it could get alittle nasty. Then here comes Gladewater, haha. An "easy " game????

For people that have never seen Kilgore play, let me give you a little run down. They may not be the most talented team on the field, they may not win the game, but they will be the most physical. Marshall and JT may have more speed and athletes but they are not more physical. Kilgore's kids always bring the leather. I have only watched the last 10 years so I am not an expert, but the one game that our team always knew that you had better button up your chinstrap for, is Kilgore. I could see them winning this district with an undefeated record. All of the posters on here are talking about games outside of district play. Kilgore always takes it up a level for district.

So I think some of you are going to be surprised. Just ask JT last year and everyone else they ran into on their playoff run. I personally am glad they have dropped down. We will not see them for at least two years. Good luck to all the communities in this district. I hate that there will be 2 or 3 good teams that will miss the playoffs, its unfortunate for the kids.

Great. The "A team beat the B team, so the B team will beat the C team" theory.

Henderson may have beat Kilgore worse than JT did, but we all know Henderson wouldn't light a candle to JT and a couple others in the district..

i'd take them to any team in 14-4A, including JT.

For people that have never seen Kilgore play, let me give you a little run down. They may not be the most talented team on the field, they may not win the game, but they will be the most physical. Marshall and JT may have more speed and athletes but they are not more physical. Kilgore's kids always bring the leather. I have only watched the last 10 years so I am not an expert, but the one game that our team always knew that you had better button up your chinstrap for, is Kilgore. I could see them winning this district with an undefeated record. All of the posters on here are talking about games outside of district play. Kilgore always takes it up a level for district.

So I think some of you are going to be surprised. Just ask JT last year and everyone else they ran into on their playoff run. I personally am glad they have dropped down. We will not see them for at least two years. Good luck to all the communities in this district. I hate that there will be 2 or 3 good teams that will miss the playoffs, its unfortunate for the kids.

They may be physical, but the point of the game is to win. Football in general is a physical game,and Kilgore has always been a physical team, so they won't suprise anyone there. It also seems Kilgore finds a great RB, but how will their passing game be? 16AAA has always been about balance, and to win it, I think the team that does will be balanced offensively, with a great defense. That team RIGHT NOW (at least to me) is Gilmer. That may or may not change, we will see offensively during 7 on 7. Henderson and Chapel Hill have also been balanced the past couple of years, so will be interesting to see which team comes together by district. I also think depth will come into play as well as injuries. I think it will come down to 4 teams....

I think Gilmer is pretty safe at qb with the Traylor kid

I don't think the other Traylor kid will start as a freshman. Jordan graduates this summer. The QB spot is up for grabs, but my money is on Todd Barr. Hate to take him off the defense, but he is a good athlete that is a running and passing threat. It'll be an interesting year for the Buckeyes for sure. My question is who will step up for Pollard? He was our biggest threat at receiver. This district is too hard to call at this point, in my opinion. We'll see how the teams are playing after nondistrict, and it should give us a little more insight.

lol showing how clueless you really are when it comes to high school football. Stick with the chokebos!

Ps :Oh yeah I am the one trolling yes the proof right there.

Know plenty more than you do, trust me. "Chokebos" is proof that you don't know anything. Why do you think you were fired as a mod? Smoaky probably wanted someone that knew a thing or two about football. lol

And this is a Kilgore thread, not a Henderson thread. So if I'm trolling, that would make you & everyone else that's posted in this thread who isn't a Kilgore fan a troll as well?

lol your too much first of all wasn't fired no your facts before you say something second of all you just proved me right third of all 75 years and counting. You the one who made it about henderson.

Nope, you just want it to be about Henderson.

I said Kilgore would beat everyone in their new district, including Henderson. The subject in my post was about Kilgore owning everyone. Everyone else got the memo except you. That's no surprise.

lol thats your opinion. Gilmer wins this district and kilgore gets second. The real battle will be for 3rd place. Ps I wouldn't talk if I were you about knowing anything.

My opinion and more precise. Kilgore wins district with no problem.

BOLD statements being made so early ...... WOW district trash talk will be brutal when it finally gets here. I'm not counting anyone out yet but of course there are front runners in everyones eyes. Bullard will be tougher than most expect but we'll see

Nope, you just want it to be about Henderson.

I said Kilgore would beat everyone in their new district, including Henderson. The subject in my post was about Kilgore owning everyone. Everyone else got the memo except you. That's no surprise.

So you think kilgore will be undefeated in district? That's a BOLD statement! I hope your hear come December to take a full plate of crow on that

They may be physical, but the point of the game is to win. Football in general is a physical game,and Kilgore has always been a physical team, so they won't suprise anyone there. It also seems Kilgore finds a great RB, but how will their passing game be?

Hopefully non-existent. When Kilgore is strong, they don't need to throw the ball to win. They might throw 6 - 8 passes a game and most of those are play-action bombs over the top when they see the safety cheating up to help stop the run.

They did run a shotgun spread passing attack in pre-district last year when they didn't have a running back. The results were not good.

Kilgore's MO on offense is to run a variety of running plays early until they find a soft spot in your defense. Once they find it, they will run the exact same play over and over and over and over.

I will vouch for Kilgore being a different team later in the year. Pre district/Kilgore vs District Kilgore is usually much different. Now it usually takes a year or two to build up a great senior laden team for them. Next season Kilgore should be a playoff team, but wont win district until they get a team like they had late last year. If there isn't a team in this district with a bunch of starters coming back then I can see Kilgore sneaking in a district title. Marshall has played Kilgore in non district and district over the past 10 or so years and there is a huge difference.

1329601048[/url]' post='1686867']

Kilgore won district 7 or 8 times in a row in a 4A district against Henderson, Chapel Hill and Gilmer before. I think they'll be ok. 15 years of success give or take 1-2 down years (Kilgore) compared to 15 down years with 2-3 up years (Henderson) sounds better to me, thank you.

PaDing!!!! Bullseye..

Thank you!

Lion70 All you really have to comment in all of your post on Kilgore is about the last 3 years of Henderson winning. Thats great for henderson everybody nows that, so enough talk about the past 3 season already. Kilgore will be young all but they will come to play!!!!!!!

PaDing!!!! Bullseye..

Thank you!

That was a long time ago, however. It was in the pre-Traylor era the last time Gilmer was in a district with Kilgore('96-'97).

Honestly, I think this district is up for grabs. The team that fills the holes left by graduation the quickest, and gels the quickest, will be the frontrunner to win the district. I'm not one of those that believes that a team that runs 80 to 90% of the time can't win the district. They will, however, have to complete some play action passes to keep defenses honest. With the right QB that can happen. The team that plays the best defense, and makes the fewest mistakes on offense will win this district. Right now that is hard to say who it will be. I can guarantee it will be exciting to find out who the best team is in this district. There will be a game (or two) of the week every week in this district.

But not the last three years lol, walked right into that one.

I dont understand how you brag about winning and then in your next post you will say Kilgore will get 2nd Henderson will be battling for 3rd. You are worse than a politician trying to cover your butt if something where to go a certain way during the season. Make up your mind.

+1. I think kilgore will be surprised by the "weaker" 3a teams. I'm thinking by the time its all over kilgore might be wishing they were still in 14-4a

The State Champion in 3A would not beat the state champion in 4A. Congrats on your season, but start making your way back to Earth please.