Kilgore football 2012

loggerhead

Longview has been 4A and 5A last 2 realignments, didn't get a ring in either..I think you need to pick a new team that has a ring since the 20s or get off hendersons ####

The post was about winning seasons, not rings.

Our two years in the 4A leagues, we advanced to the championship. As far as 5A, Longview is top 6 in winningest 5A programs of all time.

What about Henderson?

That's what I thought. Their trophy and winning ways only came about from dropping classifications. Only a fool would think otherwise..

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Trolling are a bad case of Inferior complex. He will tells us about the regular season Champs, and the greatness of the chokebos in 3,2,1.......

Again, if I'm trolling, you & everyone else who aren't Kilgore fans that's posting here is a troll as well.

I'm only a "troll" because I didn't pick your almighty Lions to win district. Just like a baby.

Kilgore wins it.

Regular seasons champions gotta love that!

Since Henderson, Gilmer, and CH are so much better than than Longview and John Tyler why don't y'all schedule them so we can find out? Instead of playing Atlanta and Liberty Eylau and people like that why not play the Lobos and JT and put your money where your mouth is

I don't misunderstand anything except why you enjoy sticking your nose in every thread and putting down teams you haven't beat as if you have. No one can take away the fact that Henderson won a 3a state championship and no one has tried to yet you come on here and belittle other teams who haven't in bigger classifications as if you are comparing apples to apples when you aren't. It's not like in College Football or the NFL where one team wins the whole thing and apparently you don't understand. You won the 3a championship, that makes you the best in 3a. Now start another thread where you can discuss how great you are. Also Your implies you have possession of something I believe you are thinking of you're which is you are

My texas friend

Your misunderstanding what I meant. I know henderson or kilgore history is not better than longview nor could they probably beat them. Those teams wouldn't get beat 63-0 either. You can't imply your all mighty great when you never won a championship in your respected class. You can't degrate a team because there smaller like there championship didn't count. I can promise you if longview actaully won 2012 D2 title and katy,allen,trinty, ect were in D1 they still would boast their greatness and would be very proud of their championship. Please feel free to find a post where I said or implyed Henderson was or is the greatest.... yep thats what I thought

yes with all that chapel hill got coming back right. The same could be said for Gilmer & by the way not that its matter our Jv hasn't lost a game in two years.

I remember all the talk about your 8th grade teams and JV teams from 7 or 8 yrs ago and I think when they got to varsity y'all went 1-9 or something like that....

No one from Kilgore is expecting 3A to be a cake walk I can assure. We may very well be in the toughest district in Texas. That being said, because of history, we do expect to be competitive. As far as dropping to 3A , these are the facts..

1. Henderson averaged 4.5 wins a season there last 10 years in 4A . Averaged 12 wins a season the past 2 years in 3A.

2. Chapel Hill wan a 4A championship in '89. Had a few above average seasons in 4A beyond that. Much better success in 3A.

3. Gilmer was always any average 4A team at best. There success has come in 3A.

4. Carthage had some success at the 4A level and better success in 3A.

5. All of these schools are drop down schools with some of the larger enrollments in 3A.

6. Kilgore had more success at the 4A level than each of these schools.

Again, not predicting any championships, but with these facts, surely some success should be expected.

Wow a person who actually uses facts to back up their statements and makes no absolute statements.

Are you taking notes Lion70 or is Logic too confusing for you?

No one from Kilgore is expecting 3A to be a cake walk I can assure. We may very well be in the toughest district in Texas. That being said, because of history, we do expect to be competitive. As far as dropping to 3A , these are the facts..

1. Henderson averaged 4.5 wins a season there last 10 years in 4A . Averaged 12 wins a season the past 2 years in 3A.

2. Chapel Hill wan a 4A championship in '89. Had a few above average seasons in 4A beyond that. Much better success in 3A.

5. All of these schools are drop down schools with some of the larger enrollments in 3A.

Again, not predicting any championships, but with these facts, surely some success should be expected.

Who on here from Kilgore argued about the 3 year losing streak, or argued about it being a tough district? Who from Kilgore said Kilgore would roll through the district? Besides that maybe you are confused because you keep flip flopping, twisting your stance to cover yourself so you are always right. The moment the district was announced you jumped on every thread that had anything to do with it and said Kilgore won't be all that in 3a, before anyone from Kilgore could even say anything about it. I think the main point is you need to go away and talk about your team somewhere else, start your own thread and you can harp all day every day about whatever with no one from Kilgore to interrupt you, because we will be on the thread titled Kilgore Football actually talking about the subject instead of having to read all your inane judgements

kilgore logic does confuse me. Fact 3 year losing streak to henderson, fact a lot harder district than 144a, fact 163a will have a 4th and 5th place team that would make the playoffs if not win other district. 35-7 loss to henderson those facts = Not an easy time in little ole 3a

Your premise is good, but your facts are not quite accurate. Two problems when you bring Gilmer into this analogy.....1) Gilmer has only been 4A for 2 years ('96-'97) since 1979. They didn't enjoy success in 4A those two years, and only periodic success at the 3A level, but that was before the Traylor era. Yes, 3A is easier than 4A. It should be! In this century, Gilmer hasn't played many 4A teams, but they've won all of them except two when they have played them. 2) Gilmer does NOT have one of the larger enrollments in 3A. As a matter of fact, out of 190 3A schools, Gilmer is #100 in enrollment. They are much closer to the bottom of the numbers than the top, and always have been.

I'm not one of those that believes Kilgore won't be successful at the 3A level. I'm pretty sure they will enjoy a LOT more success than they had at the 4A level over time. I don't doubt that a bit, but there are a lot of 3A teams in East Texas that have been successful against area 4A teams and 3A statewide, so it will not be that easy, especially considering the district they were placed in. It's always better if a team is at the top of the numbers of a classification than at the bottom, so logic will tell you they will get more wins at the 3A level. Depth is definitely an advantage in any classification. Kilgore did catch the teams in this district at the right time because of graduation, but I'll guarantee the teams in this district will not only compete, but at least a couple of them will hand them a loss. It's going to be hard for any team to go unbeaten in this district.

Why do people think Gilmer is a large 3A school? They are much closer to 2A than 4A, actually a smaller 3A school now!

The post was about winning seasons, not rings.

Our two years in the 4A leagues, we advanced to the championship. As far as 5A, Longview is top 6 in winningest 5A programs of all time.

What about Henderson?

That's what I thought. Their trophy and winning ways only came about from dropping classifications. Only a fool would think otherwise..

i must be a fool then because the group that won state and the seniors this year both won district on Freshmen and JV in....4A...so im sure if we were to stay in 4A..we would have had a great chance

Your premise is good, but your facts are not quite accurate. Two problems when you bring Gilmer into this analogy.....1) Gilmer has only been 4A for 2 years ('96-'97) since 1979. They didn't enjoy success in 4A those two years, and only periodic success at the 3A level, but that was before the Traylor era. Yes, 3A is easier than 4A. It should be! In this century, Gilmer hasn't played many 4A teams, but they've won all of them except two when they have played them. 2) Gilmer does NOT have one of the larger enrollments in 3A. As a matter of fact, out of 190 3A schools, Gilmer is #100 in enrollment. They are much closer to the bottom of the numbers than the top, and always have been.

I'm not one of those that believes Kilgore won't be successful at the 3A level. I'm pretty sure they will enjoy a LOT more success than they had at the 4A level over time. I don't doubt that a bit, but there are a lot of 3A teams in East Texas that have been successful against area 4A teams and 3A statewide, so it will not be that easy, especially considering the district they were placed in. It's always better if a team is at the top of the numbers of a classification than at the bottom, so logic will tell you they will get more wins at the 3A level. Depth is definitely an advantage in any classification. Kilgore did catch the teams in this district at the right time because of graduation, but I'll guarantee the teams in this district will not only compete, but at least a couple of them will hand them a loss. It's going to be hard for any team to go unbeaten in this district.

Wow +100!

i must be a fool then because the group that won state and the seniors this year both won district on Freshmen and JV in....4A...so im sure if we were to stay in 4A..we would have had a great chance

At what? Going 13-2 & winning a championship?

Don't make me laugh.

4A became too much for Henderson to handle. Dropping down was the best thing that ever happened to that program.

wow can tell your a rookie. Well news flash its a sports forum so I can chose whenever and whatever as long as its on topic, which it was. If you think some of the posters haven't talked cake away you haven't paid attention to this thread. How am I flopping. Please find a post where I said kilgore would get no worse than 2nd or 3rd. Ok I didn't post when it was first announce cause if you look at my post history , I am not new. How am I not talking about kilgore lol? Remember everyone opinion is on this board ( sports forum) no matter which team you root for. Again reading not your thing I see.

I'm glad you can tell I'm a rookie; that means you can read under my screen name where it says rookie, congrats on that. I've always found the saying "if you don't have anything good to say don't say anything at all" to be a good one so I don't just comment on every thread I read, but whatever floats your boat I guess. I still see how you aren't using your correctly. If you mean you are it's you're; although I might be reading that wrong since apparently I have a reading problem.

I really think it's too hard to say how good anyone is gonna be now. These are 14-18 year old boys you are talking about and it's still quite a bit of time before two a days start so you never know what's gonna happen.

Besides that each game is as much about match ups as talent, some teams match up better or worse with others so while Kilgore might not match up as well with Corsicana because of what they did and their team strengths, we were able to fair a bit better with John Tyler because their weaknesses were our strenghts. Both teams went to the semis. So you never know, I do agree that it will be very tough for any team to go undefeated and think it will even be likely a two or three way tie of teams with two losses winning district.

Since Henderson, Gilmer, and CH are so much better than than Longview and John Tyler why don't y'all schedule them so we can find out? Instead of playing Atlanta and Liberty Eylau and people like that why not play the Lobos and JT and put your money where your mouth is

We have tried on numerous occasions...they have both declined due to scheduling conflicts...we will continue to try.

I have a question on a non football issue. Since Gilmer use to be 4A back then and now are on the bottom half of 3A now what happened you the population? Did some major company shut down and many people move away? Just curious.

Hold on there pardner...the Buckeyes were 4A for two years (1996 & 1997) going 5-5 in '96 and 7-3 in '97, hardley could be clasified as "average" as it is a 70% win rate...we moved from 2A to 3A in 1967 and other than '96 & '97, have been 3A since. You want to bad mouth us, use true facts like...What was the score the last time Kilgore faced the Buckeyes...From the Tyler Paper, Sept. 19, 1999 "Gilmer quarterback Darian Godfrey fired four scoring slings, threw for 351 yards, and trod for three more TDs as Gilmer stormed to a 47-7 lead at halftime before blistering the Kilgore Bulldogs, 70-27"...now those are the facts.

I have a question on a non football issue. Since Gilmer use to be 4A back then and now are on the bottom half of 3A now what happened you the population? Did some major company shut down and many people move away? Just curious.

UIL...Gilmer is growing but at a slow rate...we just made the 4A one time and were there for 2 years. we turned in 631 making us the #4 size team in 16-3A, smaller than Van, larger than Center. We have kept pace...the 2A to 3A move was when the "Class B" was moved to 1-A and everyone moved up. We are a poor area that barley makes do with a fairly decent football team and a somewhat decent fan base.

UIL...Gilmer is growing but at a slow rate...we just made the 4A one time and were there for 2 years. we turned in 631 making us the #4 size team in 16-3A, smaller than Van, larger than Center. We have kept pace...the 2A to 3A move was when the "Class B" was moved to 1-A and everyone moved up. We are a poor area that barley makes do with a fairly decent football team and a somewhat decent fan base.

Oh ok. You forgot to mention that Gilmer usually has cheaper gas at the pumps also. Lol.

We have tried on numerous occasions...they have both declined due to scheduling conflicts...we will continue to try.

Continue trying, only to continue getting declined. Maybe if Gilmer was better as a team, like say Lufkin, then we'd consider it. King only schedules teams that will actually challenge Longview.

BTW, Can you name recent years that Gilmer has contacted Longview? As far as I'm concerned, that's a false statement.

Actually, not much has changed at all numbers wise. The population of Gilmer hasn't fluctuated much, and the school system has actually grown a little over the years. Upshur County's population has grown about 25% over the last three decades, mainly due to the proximity of Longview and the fact that city seems to be spreading northerly. The variation of students at the high school has been +/- about 100 students over the last five decades, and depends on the size of the classes coming through. The number of students in the school system has grown a little over the last two to three decades, but the numbers at the high school changes very little from year to year. The ONLY way Gilmer has changed classification, including the two year they were 4A, was when the UIL manipulated the classification numbers. I guess after the '96-'97 debacle where they brought the 4A numbers all the way down into the 600s, they finally thought the better of it and went back to the numbers that were more fair. It still not completely fair, but you have to play with the hand you're dealt, and we've been successful.