Kilgore football 2012

loggerhead

Continue trying, only to continue getting declined. Maybe if Gilmer was better as a team, like say Lufkin, then we'd consider it. King only schedules teams that will actually challenge Longview.

BTW, Can you name recent years that Gilmer has contacted Longview? As far as I'm concerned, that's a false statement.

Does it really matter? Seriously, IF Traylor were to contact King to schedule a game, who would be the most likely to say no. In my opinion, a game between Gilmer and Longview wouldn't make sense because of the difference in the size of the schools. While Gilmer would likely get beat, and most years handily, by the Lobos, what if somehow the Buckeyes did pull an upset? That would be embarassing to the Longview program to get beat by such a small school. Longview would have much more to lose than to gain in such a matchup. If Longview beats Gilmer they were supposed to so it wouldn't be a big deal, right?

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hold on there pardner...the Buckeyes were 4A for two years (1996 & 1997) going 5-5 in '96 and 7-3 in '97, hardley could be clasified as "average" as it is a 70% win rate...we moved from 2A to 3A in 1967 and other than '96 & '97, have been 3A since. You want to bad mouth us, use true facts like...What was the score the last time Kilgore faced the Buckeyes...From the Tyler Paper, Sept. 19, 1999 "Gilmer quarterback Darian Godfrey fired four scoring slings, threw for 351 yards, and trod for three more TDs as Gilmer stormed to a 47-7 lead at halftime before blistering the Kilgore Bulldogs, 70-27"...now those are the facts.

Oh i see what you are saying with these facts. Since kilgore lost to Darian Godfrey a LONG time ago they dont have a chance this year. I have seen the light.

At what? Going 13-2 & winning a championship?

Don't make me laugh.

4A became too much for Henderson to handle. Dropping down was the best thing that ever happened to that program.

are you serious? why cant longview win when they drop down a classification? that would help alot obviously wouldnt it? well it HASNT has it? When Longview makes it back to the championship game..and WINS...then come back up your talk. By the way..your 5A undefeated Longview soccer team got their butts kicked by a 3A Henderson team..i doubt you care about soccer but there's how much superior your Longview is to any team not in 4 or 5A.

are you serious? why cant longview win when they drop down a classification? that would help alot obviously wouldnt it? well it HASNT has it? When Longview makes it back to the championship game..and WINS...then come back up your talk. By the way..your 5A undefeated Longview soccer team got their butts kicked by a 3A Henderson team..i doubt you care about soccer but there's how much superior your Longview is to any team not in 4 or 5A.

Right, because 3A is the same as 4A competition wise. I don't care what you say. Lake Travis >>> Henderson & Chapel Hill.

How many state games did Henderson advance to while in 4A? How many 13-2 seasons did they have? Why is it that Henderson became "almighty" AFTER dropping classifications? Why is it that they could not accomplish a thing in 4A, but win a championship the very first year that they dropped?

In my eyes, ya'll are no different from Nac & Pine Tree. The only difference is the fact that Nac & PT is facing the big dogs.

How nice of you to bring up another sport out of desperate measures to belittle the Lobo football program.

And through all of this madness, I still pick Kilgore to run through the district, and region.

Hold on there pardner...the Buckeyes were 4A for two years (1996 & 1997) going 5-5 in '96 and 7-3 in '97, hardley could be clasified as "average" as it is a 70% win rate...we moved from 2A to 3A in 1967 and other than '96 & '97, have been 3A since. You want to bad mouth us, use true facts like...What was the score the last time Kilgore faced the Buckeyes...From the Tyler Paper, Sept. 19, 1999 "Gilmer quarterback Darian Godfrey fired four scoring slings, threw for 351 yards, and trod for three more TDs as Gilmer stormed to a 47-7 lead at halftime before blistering the Kilgore Bulldogs, 70-27"...now those are the facts.

My mistake if I ruffled your feathers. Was not intended. Guess my point is Kilgore has a history with Gilmer, Henderson, Chapel Hill, and Carthage. I am sure if I went back far enough I could find lopsided scores in favor of Kilgore also. Point is, at some time all of these schools were district rivals, maybe not the same year. And in East Texas, schools that have been 4A and then dropped to 3A have enjoyed the most success of lately. Simply, with Kilgore's success in 4A, should they not expect some success in 3A going on history alone? I know there are still some athelets in Kilgore, and surely Gilmer does not think they can beat Kilgore 70-27 every year. AS I have said, Kilgore will be competive at the 3A level.

Right, because 3A is the same as 4A competition wise. I don't care what you say. Lake Travis >>> Henderson & Chapel Hill.

How many state games did Henderson advance to while in 4A? How many 13-2 seasons did they have? Why is it that Henderson became "almighty" AFTER dropping classifications? Why is it that they could not accomplish a thing in 4A, but win a championship the very first year that they dropped?

In my eyes, ya'll are no different from Nac & Pine Tree. The only difference is the fact that Nac & PT is facing the big dogs.

How nice of you to bring up another sport out of desperate measures to belittle the Lobo football program.

And through all of this madness, I still pick Kilgore to run through the district, and region.

Actually Lake Travis is now 5A and would be kicking Longviews ###### if Longview could even make it out of the 2nd round..and so it's our fault we move down? If kilgore wins state this year then I'll say that's the only reason Henderson won it all but I promise you that won't happen, they will be lucky to get out of this district alive just as any other team is, your whole concept about 4A being better than 3A is ridiculous other wise pine tree, mt pleasant, KILGORE, hallsvile, Lindale etc. wouldn't have gotten embarrassed last yr

Does it really matter? Seriously, IF Traylor were to contact King to schedule a game, who would be the most likely to say no. In my opinion, a game between Gilmer and Longview wouldn't make sense because of the difference in the size of the schools. While Gilmer would likely get beat, and most years handily, by the Lobos, what if somehow the Buckeyes did pull an upset? That would be embarassing to the Longview program to get beat by such a small school. Longview would have much more to lose than to gain in such a matchup. If Longview beats Gilmer they were supposed to so it wouldn't be a big deal, right?

Just mention Longview & Gilmer in the same sentence...they go crazy!

1330171918[/url]' post='1689914']

Just mention Longview & Gilmer in the same sentence...they go crazy!

No disrespect to Gilmer, but Longview would smoke them period! Longview is usually @ a whole nutha level. I agree that 4A/3A is pretty similar competitively speaking.. Not in all districts, but definitely in a lot of them..I think when Gilmer starts thinking they are as good as or "better than" a Longview team, the "Jeff Taylor" arrogance has definitely come to full maturity.

No disrespect to Gilmer, but Longview would smoke them period! Longview is usually @ a whole nutha level. I agree that 4A/3A is pretty similar competitively speaking.. Not in all districts, but definitely in a lot of them..I think when Gilmer starts thinking they are as good as or "better than" a Longview team, the "Jeff Taylor" arrogance has definitely come to full maturity.

It is Traylor, not Taylor....as usual, the Longview guys have trouble getting their facts straight.

And the insanity continues....

I thought this thread was discussing Kilgore football? Goes from that to Longview vs Henderson and now Longview vs Gilmer. Nobody in Gilmer, from Gilmer or close to Gilmer thinks the Buckeyes could beat Longview. They have had some teams that could play with them, but depth would take it's toll. Chances are you don't know Coach Traylor, so not sure why you would bring his name up, but I KNOW he has never thought this, he actually predicts his team to never win district, and I'm certain he thinks the same for this coming year. He protects his kids at any cost. If anyone out there feels he's arrogant, well thats their ignorance. You don't talk about coaches, especially by name, it's against Smoaky rules. It's funny, the best Texas football is played in East Texas, but the shear disrespect for each other's teams on here is unmatched compared to other sites. Just because I don't follow Lobo football, I'm not gonna get on here and talk down their program. Fact is, Longview SHOULD and COULD beat any 3A team, and I don't have a problem with that. Longview has a history of success, as does Lufkin. Gilmer is the winningest 3A program in the state the past 10 years with 2 titles, Carthage won 3 straight titles, Henderson and Chapel Hill both won titles, Daingerfield, Tatum... East Texas has THE best football, and if your team or anyone elses hasnt enjoyed success or has gotten beat by these teams, sorry, thats not the problem of the kids or coaches of the above mentioned teams that work hard and achieve their goals. I fully expect Kilgore will do well not only in 16AAA, but in 3A overall. Gilmer, Henderson and Chapel Hill have done it, thats why THEY get all the attention. Personally, I'd rather my team fly under the radar until the season starts. Its hard to tell what any team will look like until 7 on 7, the top 4 teams all lost key players, so it shoild be pretty even starting out, and by district we should see some amazing games. I picked Gilmer to win it because I know who and what they have coming back from the district champions. They don't lose at home, and they have one of the best coaching staffs in the state (all classifications) they have been reloading for the past 1o years, and this year will be no different. It will be TOUGH to win that district, but nothing worth it is ever easy. The players and coaches WILL BE READY. I fully expect EVERY team in 16AAA to be ready and put up a fight. Enough arguing about teams and matches that DON'T matter. Thread is about Kilgore football.... let's hear it.

By season's end a really good team will be left out. Anyone that believes Kilgore will drop down and dominate is living in fantasy land. Kilgore had a good finish to build on last year. Ch accomplished their goal so it will be good to see how they step up. Henderson needs some youngsters to step up so we can see if they had a good 2 years or if they are going to be consistent. Gilmer is consistent and will not be the good team that stays home because they are Gilmer. I don't know who else is in the district but it does not matter until basketball or baseball.

I thought this thread was discussing Kilgore football? Goes from that to Longview vs Henderson and now Longview vs Gilmer. Nobody in Gilmer, from Gilmer or close to Gilmer thinks the Buckeyes could beat Longview. They have had some teams that could play with them, but depth would take it's toll. Chances are you don't know Coach Traylor, so not sure why you would bring his name up, but I KNOW he has never thought this, he actually predicts his team to never win district, and I'm certain he thinks the same for this coming year. He protects his kids at any cost. If anyone out there feels he's arrogant, well thats their ignorance. You don't talk about coaches, especially by name, it's against Smoaky rules. It's funny, the best Texas football is played in East Texas, but the shear disrespect for each other's teams on here is unmatched compared to other sites. Just because I don't follow Lobo football, I'm not gonna get on here and talk down their program. Fact is, Longview SHOULD and COULD beat any 3A team, and I don't have a problem with that. Longview has a history of success, as does Lufkin. Gilmer is the winningest 3A program in the state the past 10 years with 2 titles, Carthage won 3 straight titles, Henderson and Chapel Hill both won titles, Daingerfield, Tatum... East Texas has THE best football, and if your team or anyone elses hasnt enjoyed success or has gotten beat by these teams, sorry, thats not the problem of the kids or coaches of the above mentioned teams that work hard and achieve their goals. I fully expect Kilgore will do well not only in 16AAA, but in 3A overall. Gilmer, Henderson and Chapel Hill have done it, thats why THEY get all the attention. Personally, I'd rather my team fly under the radar until the season starts. Its hard to tell what any team will look like until 7 on 7, the top 4 teams all lost key players, so it shoild be pretty even starting out, and by district we should see some amazing games. I picked Gilmer to win it because I know who and what they have coming back from the district champions. They don't lose at home, and they have one of the best coaching staffs in the state (all classifications) they have been reloading for the past 1o years, and this year will be no different. It will be TOUGH to win that district, but nothing worth it is ever easy. The players and coaches WILL BE READY. I fully expect EVERY team in 16AAA to be ready and put up a fight. Enough arguing about teams and matches that DON'T matter. Thread is about Kilgore football.... let's hear it.

You can thank this guy for that. No one brought up Longview until he did..

lol showing how clueless you really are when it comes to high school football. Stick with the chokebos!

Ps :Oh yeah I am the one trolling yes the proof right there.

That was on page two. Prior to that, no one was even thinking about Longview. It was escalated out of complete jealousy, due to the fact that I picked Kilgore over his beloved Lions.

The guy has a problem with anyone who doesn't think his Lions are superior..

You brought up henderson plus the origional post so nice try blaming me.

The first post of this thread , yep thats what I thought!

Your complexion is lacking. You should leave message boards alone until you see a special doctor for that...

I said Kilgore was going to run through district. Is Henderson not in Kilgore's district?

The only person that brought up Longview was you and the only reason you did that was because I didn't pick the Henderson Kitties. Go back and read.

I don't understand what you're getting at. What does the first post of the thread have to do with me?

The first post was about henderson wow its like talking to a 6th grader. You brought up henderson first. You have the inferor complex there bro.

No I didn't..

Mark it down, you heard it here first!!!!

Kilgore wins district and Henderson starts basketball early.

In fact the entire first page was full of post regarding Henderson. I didn't post until the 2nd page, and it was basically the same thing as the quote above. Yet, you brought Longview(for some odd reason) into the equation...

AMEN Brother!

Kilgore did lose some top players, but also have several young guns coming back especially on defense, and from what I am hearing the young man that should take over at QB is very good, more athletic than Toler, we always find RB's, the O-line while losing 2 starters I think will be better overall with the experience gained last year. While everyone in Kilgore knows this district is going to be very, very strong, we also expect to compete every single week. Good Luck to ALL East Texas Teams this fall.

+100....

Why do a lot of the Lobo fans hate the Buckeyes? It seems some of the Lobo fans hate any team that has a state title. Why? Instead of hating on them they should be applauding them, in my opinion. I'm always pulling for the Lobos to win in the playoffs. Why can't they do the same for the rest of us? We are all East Texas teams, and should be rooting for each other instead of hating each other.

I, too, fully expect Kilgore to be VERY competitive at the 3A level. I know they will be more successful overall in 3A than they were in 4A. They will be at the top of the numbers in 3A, whereas they were at the bottom of the numbers in 4A, and they were successful there. They will be the "big boys" on the block in 3A, and East Texas 3A just got stronger with their addition............as if East Texas 3A needed another good team.......GEESH..... 16-3A teams will either be stronger in the playoffs because of the level of competition in the district, or they could be too beat up to compete late in the playoffs. I hope it's the former and not the latter. I do, however, fully expect the teams that do make the playoffs out this district to go DEEP, and represent the "District of Doom 2.0" with class and grit.

I am so confused, I am Gilmer grad, who lives and pays taxes in Longview, and my 2 boys are Little Lobos, and I am in the minority that is supporter of both programs! (Now to throw a little gas on the fire, my wife is from Kilgore!) I LOVE HIGH SCHOOL FOOTBALL,if all else fails, I would even root for gladewater! (Only if they were the last team standing!) :D