Kilgore football 2012

loggerhead

I am so confused, I am Gilmer grad, who lives and pays taxes in Longview, and my 2 boys are Little Lobos, and I am in the minority that is supporter of both programs! (Now to throw a little gas on the fire, my wife is from Kilgore!) I LOVE HIGH SCHOOL FOOTBALL,if all else fails, I would even root for gladewater! (Only if they were the last team standing!) :D

Bite your tongue! :o You "would even root for gladewater"??? :lol:

I would, too, IF they were the only 3A team standing...... :D If my team is not left standing in the playoffs I'll root for ANY East Texas team.....

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And the insanity continues....

I thought this thread was discussing Kilgore football? Goes from that to Longview vs Henderson and now Longview vs Gilmer. Nobody in Gilmer, from Gilmer or close to Gilmer thinks the Buckeyes could beat Longview. They have had some teams that could play with them, but depth would take it's toll. Chances are you don't know Coach Traylor, so not sure why you would bring his name up, but I KNOW he has never thought this, he actually predicts his team to never win district, and I'm certain he thinks the same for this coming year. He protects his kids at any cost. If anyone out there feels he's arrogant, well thats their ignorance. You don't talk about coaches, especially by name, it's against Smoaky rules. It's funny, the best Texas football is played in East Texas, but the shear disrespect for each other's teams on here is unmatched compared to other sites. Just because I don't follow Lobo football, I'm not gonna get on here and talk down their program. Fact is, Longview SHOULD and COULD beat any 3A team, and I don't have a problem with that. Longview has a history of success, as does Lufkin. Gilmer is the winningest 3A program in the state the past 10 years with 2 titles, Carthage won 3 straight titles, Henderson and Chapel Hill both won titles, Daingerfield, Tatum... East Texas has THE best football, and if your team or anyone elses hasnt enjoyed success or has gotten beat by these teams, sorry, thats not the problem of the kids or coaches of the above mentioned teams that work hard and achieve their goals. I fully expect Kilgore will do well not only in 16AAA, but in 3A overall. Gilmer, Henderson and Chapel Hill have done it, thats why THEY get all the attention. Personally, I'd rather my team fly under the radar until the season starts. Its hard to tell what any team will look like until 7 on 7, the top 4 teams all lost key players, so it shoild be pretty even starting out, and by district we should see some amazing games. I picked Gilmer to win it because I know who and what they have coming back from the district champions. They don't lose at home, and they have one of the best coaching staffs in the state (all classifications) they have been reloading for the past 1o years, and this year will be no different. It will be TOUGH to win that district, but nothing worth it is ever easy. The players and coaches WILL BE READY. I fully expect EVERY team in 16AAA to be ready and put up a fight. Enough arguing about teams and matches that DON'T matter. Thread is about Kilgore football.... let's hear it.

well said frisco

• 5 months later...

2-a-days start Monday. Want to remind everyone that Kilgore will win this district and its not even going to be close.

To all of the other teams in the district... have a great season and look forward to the other 2 teams that go into the play-offs making plenty of noise.

2-a-days start Monday. Want to remind everyone that Kilgore will win this district and its not even going to be close.

To all of the other teams in the district... have a great season and look forward to the other 2 teams that go into the play-offs making plenty of noise.

Wow! This guy! You have alot to learn about 3a east texas football. Kilgore might win the district but saying it won't be close is insane!

I have been reading / following Smoaky since around 2007, and finally decided to get into some of the action. I used to get on here to get updates, and see what East Texas teams had going on, but now its more and more a #### contest between Longview, Henderson, and Tatum (for the most part). These 3 groups of supporters hi-jack every thread. Im a first time poster, and I'm sure I'll ruffle some people feathers. Below are some statements for posters from the 3 before mentioned programs to stew on, maybe it wil help stop all the violence on these threads :-)...By the way all the 3A to 4A talk is silly. 3A is the new 4A in East Texas. Take Top 10 3A in East Texas and the Top 10 4A in East Texas, match them up top to bottom. At worst 3A goes 8-2, and thats assuming JT beats Carthage, which late in the season would be a great matchup in my opinion. 5A is a different animal.

Longview can beat ANY team that is not in their classification in East Texas with the exception of JT in special years. Longview SHOULD be able to beat any team from lower classification cause thats the way the UIL is set up. This does not mean they are the best PROGRAM every year, but that in a head to head match up LGV would win.

I'm not sure where the Henderson blind homerism comes from, but congrats on recent success, ill be rooting for you guys to make the playoffs in D1 (unlikely going D1), so that Carthage can have a chance to continue the donkey stompings they have administered as of late. You guys have a program you can be proud of as of late, but yall might want to slow down with all the trash talk. It would be very easy for yall not to make the playoffs this season. But as mentioned Henderson has been great as of late.

Tatum what more is their to say...Great program. It hasnt been that long since Carthage couldnt hang. The Tatum program is right up their with Gilmer, and Longview when considering the best PROGRAMS in ETX.

Now that I've paid my respect to the bullies of Smoaky, ill talk 16-3A, and Kilgore:

Kilgore should have a great chance to win district next year, and make a deep playoff run. The kids are going to be excited coming off a excellent season, and dropping to 3A. The kids and coaches should be thinking SHIP or bust. Im thinking the defense will be thier strong side of the ball, but we will see when the season starts. Kilgore is alot like Carthage when it comes to running backs...Always find a stud.

I see the district being a monster...Its going to be awsome. Here is how i see it shaking out.

CH

Gilmer

Kilgore / Henderson

Im telling you guys watch out for CH. After the last 2 seasons I'm beginning to think they reload instead of rebuild. Gilmer is Gilmer...Traylor is the man, and they have a strong enough program in place that they will not miss the playoffs. Kilgore is going to be looking for some revenge for last years beating by Henderson. I think the 3rd playoff spot is between the winner of Kilgore / Henderson. I just dont belive that Henderson has a strong enough program in place to make up for them graduating special group who won state as juniors, and made a deep run as seniors. BTW, no team goes undefeated in district play.

I dont want to end my first post without a little blind homerism...Carthage WOULD go undeafeted in this district. Surrat owns Traylor <<< just ask him. Carthage is the PREMIER 3A team in ETX as long as we have Surrat. Carthage will win 4 SHIPS in the next 10 years, and if Surrat retires at Carthage they will be tops on the list of state champions.

1329977609[/url]' post='1688803']

I'm interested to see what the "city" of Gilmer is going to do when their football team misses the playoffs 2 years in a row. I can envision riots in the streets, and a mass exodus of sweet potato farmers and such.

Now that is FREGGIN hilarious!!!!!

Kilgore has had plenty of experience with tough districts. In 4A mind you. Thanks anyway.

Tough district? You do realize the same teams in kilgore district the lasts few yearspretty much took it on the chin from little ole poor 3a. Chapel hill has beat hallsville three last 2 years and whitehouselast year. Gilmer and carthage stomped jacksonville last year. Marshall I promise didn't want any of these 3 teams. And in pretty sure henderson had beat kilgore 3 years in a row. So much for experience in a "tough" district. Only team worth a dang was jt. I do think kilgore will makesome noise in 3a but imo it will be harder than yalls lousy 4a district. The teams kilgore plays this year are much more high caliber than yalls last 2 seasons. Kilgore better not have a chip on their shoulder out they will get sent home with there tails tucked once district starts

Now that is FREGGIN hilarious!!!!!

Yea cause you know that's probably not going, to happen, what is more likely to be Hilarious, is if the Big Bad K Bulldogs, don't make the playoffs...my money would be on that, before Gilmer missing the playoffs 2 years in a row, not with their history, Kilgore had a couple good years, but Gilmer, has been consistant, for 10 years, not 2 or 3 or 4 or 5....10 years,,, and what I know about Traylor, he's hungry everyyear! I attended a lunch deal he does for some group at their local country club, on a invatation from a local, i will say this he is very driven, and has a passion, i dont think ive everseen, all I could think was please come to Longview! LOL.....

I think coaching in 3a East Texas is better than 4a East Texas. Simply because they know they have a better shot to win a 3a title than a 4a title. Traylor and Surratt would be the top 2 coaches in East Texas 4a. Most of the other 3a schools in the state can't hang with the amount of athletes East Texas produces. East Texas 4a has the athletes as well, but the numbers and coaching from around the state are at a higher level. Last 3 or 4 years 4a Lake Travis and Aledo would win at any level in Texas. . I don't think Carthage would have much of a chance against JT, unless JT played down to them. It would be close until the 4th maybe. Carthage has struggled with Nac the past few years, and played some close games against lesser Kilgore squads. I can see Kilgore winning this district, just because they are a different animal when district rolls around. Marshall was just terrible last year with the new staff, so I wouldn't have picked them to beat anybody last season. JT, Corsicana, SS, and Texas High would be tough for any 3a team to beat.

i saw kilgore play without thier stud running back last year and then with him...................he was all they had...........QB couldnt throw the ball 25yrds and the rest was just a mess.........i sure hope that yall have a little beter team than last yr and relieng on one man

cause your gonna need it

Wondering what game you saw, 2 RB's rushed for over 1000 yds, I don't have the Qb's stats, but he was good enough to go play JC ball, so i think he can probably throw over 25 yds. But none of that matters they are all gone. As I said in first pages of this thread, Kilgore's Def. will be outstanding, the new Qb is more athletic, and we ALWAYS find RB's. I am not predicting Dist. Champs but a strong play-off run for sure. this district is a beast and it will be a war all season long.

Guess I'll try to say something clever.

Kilgore will be fine in 3A.

Over the course of the last 25 years they currently rank 17th in 3A, win wise...

Not to shabby considering they spent most, if not all of that time in 4A.

Not only are some great athletes compiling in this district but some great coaches as well. You have the mastermind Traylor, what i belive to be the upcoming mastermind in Sitton, and a great Coach in Meeks.

These coaches can make these kids turn around quick.

i saw kilgore play without thier stud running back last year and then with him...................he was all they had...........QB couldnt throw the ball 25yrds and the rest was just a mess.........i sure hope that yall have a little beter team than last yr and relieng on one man

cause your gonna need it

Our "stud" RB wasn't even the best RB on the team last year. And Toler is going to Navarro to play QB and baseball. Pretty sure he can wing one a lot farther than 25 yrds.... Prolly closer to 75.

Not only are some great athletes compiling in this district but some great coaches as well. You have the mastermind Traylor, what i belive to be the upcoming mastermind in Sitton, and a great Coach in Meeks.

These coaches can make these kids turn around quick.

All are great coaches! Wilson is a very good coach also

Our "stud" RB wasn't even the best RB on the team last year. And Toler is going to Navarro to play QB and baseball. Pretty sure he can wing one a lot farther than 25 yrds.... Prolly closer to 75.

So TCU recruited Anthony and he was not Kilgore's best running back? Tell me who was the "stud" and who is or did recruite him? Just curious...

So TCU recruited Anthony and he was not Kilgore's best running back? Tell me who was the "stud" and who is or did recruite him? Just curious...

In the Marshall game we knocked the stud RB out of the game, and the backup came in and dominated. I don't think he played in pre district when LD was out, otherwise you would have remembered him. Kilgore lost a talented bunch of seniors, so I wouldn't bet on them winning this district. It wouldn't surprise me to see it happen though. Kilgore came on strong late last season. If they play like that again it will be their district to lose. When its all said and done, I don't think any team gets by without a district loss.