Garrison

ttowngrad

Well I liked Coach Phillips and wish him nothing but the Best......But thats water under the Bridge..The ? Is Who will Garrison Replace Him With!!!...I would Give Reid Spivey the DC Coach a shot he has Earned it in my books...But who knows..Maybe Rocky Baker... Whats everyone else thoughts on this....

This job will attract some good applicants, even with Garrison moving back as one of the smallest enrollment teams in 2A. The Bulldogs were actually 25-3 the past two seasons in 1A DI, and had a bevy of talent to compete on that level. The loss of this year's Senior class will be hard to replace, but will not spell doom for the program. There is some young talent that will have some growing pains early next year seeing their first varsity action, plus the fact that the Bulldogs will step up their competition level. I hope the program is taken over by someone who has the experience to oversee all of the sports and allow the kids to enjoy their chosen sport in a disciplined environment to earn their playing time through hard work and dedication, and not simply God given talent. In my opinion missing practice and display of poor attitude negates the fact that a player may receive playing time in front of those that are there everyday and doing what is asked of them. A word of advice to the assistants who may apply for this position, remember that if they do not receive the offer of the job, the man who does may not want to retain someone on staff that has applied. However this comes down the pipeline I will continue to support and thank the coaches for their time and effort. As a parent of current Garrison Bulldog athletes and a former coach there, I understand what must go into a program to reap the rewards of success. The answer to the question is not who is the best man for the job, but rather who is the best man for the kids and their interest at hand. Only time will tell if the powers that be can sift through the applicants and find the right fit for the kids first and the program second.

Phil Carrell

I would bring someone in from the outside. When you move a assistant up you are taking a chance. There is a reason they are assistants but then again an assistant has to start somewhere.

If the program is heading in the right direction why change. You are taking a chance when you hire from outside that he will want to go in another direction. Just my 2 cents worth for what ever it is worth.

Keep on shaking it because I shake my head when someone makes a comment like that without explanation as to why you would be shaking your head

Your original comment makes me wonder why someone would explain to the public world that promoting from within is taking a chance on a guy. But, my real confusion is the comment of, "they are assistants for a reason". What does that mean? And the "they have to start somewhere". It just sounds so redundant and lack of an understanding of what all it takes to become a coach. I guess your statement reminds me of how school boards think and how they rationalize situations and why so many districts have problems.

Your original comment makes me wonder why someone would explain to the public world that promoting from within is taking a chance on a guy. But, my real confusion is the comment of, "they are assistants for a reason". What does that mean? And the "they have to start somewhere". It just sounds so redundant and lack of an understanding of what all it takes to become a coach. I guess your statement reminds me of how school boards think and how they rationalize situations and why so many districts have problems.

OK

If the program is heading in the right direction why change. You are taking a chance when you hire from outside that he will want to go in another direction. Just my 2 cents worth for what ever it is worth.

I agree if you have someone ready to step in the role. The coaches there learned under a winning coach so a lot of his leadership had to rub off.

Well I liked Coach Phillips and wish him nothing but the Best......But thats water under the Bridge..The ? Is Who will Garrison Replace Him With!!!...I would Give Reid Spivey the DC Coach a shot he has Earned it in my books...But who knows..Maybe Rocky Baker... Whats everyone else thoughts on this....

Garrison would be lucky if Coach Baker was interested in the job. He is an outstanding coach and motivator, he would also bring a possible D1 talented son with him. Plus he would instill the kind of mental toughness that doesn't allow you to get blown out in back to back semi-final games by teams that weren't that much better than you.(They were very good teams, but so was Garrison) Of course it would take the kids, parents, community, and administration of Garrison a little while to get adjusted to his style of coaching, but once they did people better look out!!

Garrison would be lucky if Coach Baker was interested in the job. He is an outstanding coach and motivator, he would also bring a possible D1 talented son with him. Plus he would instill the kind of mental toughness that doesn't allow you to get blown out in back to back semi-final games by teams that weren't that much better than you.(They were very good teams, but so was Garrison) Of course it would take the kids, parents, community, and administration of Garrison a little while to get adjusted to his style of coaching, but once they did people better look out!!

Thats awful big talk for a one eyed fat man

Thats awful big talk for a one eyed fat man

Not big talk, turning around probably the worst team in east texas into a quality program that was 23-3 over the last two years, plus having all +.500 seasons since him and his staff have been there does the talking for itself. Not trying to get an argument started im sure there will be a lot of quality men that apply for this job including the one or two already in place at Garrison. But still Coach Baker is a heck of a coach! and in my opinion (which doesn't mean a thing by the way!) he would be a good hire for Garrison.

I'm thinking you need to learn to spell or type before trying to post on this board. Either that or sober up first.

Jordan62, Your valiant hypothesis that my literary capabilities are of a lacking nature is simply a misnomer and ,frankly, a misconception. My perception of this interactive media format is that we are to use this site on a basis of receiving entertainment through sharing information and building friendships oblivious to social status or educational background. While my "penmanship" as Doomer is quite satirical to say the least, I feel i am still due a gratuitous amount of respect and ,if you will, leeway.

Guud day sur,

...........................Doomy!

• Like 1