Kountze vs. Crockett

squid299

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I expect a good, tight game. Very similar styles between the two expect Crockett uses man-to-man alot.

Rematch of last year's Quarterfinal in which Crockett won 95-87.

my personal opinion after seeing Kountze is that their size will hurt them. could be wrong though. They did to Sabine exactly what i thought they would.

I haven't seen Kountze this year, but with their tradition and history, you know they will be talented. Judging by the roster on maxpreps, Kountze won't have a shortage of players (17 players listed for the varsity). Crockett doesn't have as many players on their bench (12 I believe), but most of them play and their rotation is around 9 or 10 deep.

Crockett is catching a lot of flack about their performance against Central Heights, but I'm kind of impressed with how they played. To come back from a 22-8 deficit and beat a team that has been ranked inside the top-10 most of the year was pretty impressive to me.

The speed is going to be a wash in this one. Both teams are fast and will get after you. Both teams press and will force turnovers. I think it will come down to who operates the best in a half-court set, and I think the edge there goes to Crockett. That said, if the three-ball isn't falling, it could add another twist to the game.

Last year Crockett won 95-87. I don't see the score getting that high, but I see the two teams going in the upper 70's for this one.

I'm going to go with Crockett in a close game.

I haven't seen Kountze this year, but with their tradition and history, you know they will be talented. Judging by the roster on maxpreps, Kountze won't have a shortage of players (17 players listed for the varsity). Crockett doesn't have as many players on their bench (12 I believe), but most of them play and their rotation is around 9 or 10 deep.

Crockett is catching a lot of flack about their performance against Central Heights, but I'm kind of impressed with how they played. To come back from a 22-8 deficit and beat a team that has been ranked inside the top-10 most of the year was pretty impressive to me.

The speed is going to be a wash in this one. Both teams are fast and will get after you. Both teams press and will force turnovers. I think it will come down to who operates the best in a half-court set, and I think the edge there goes to Crockett. That said, if the three-ball isn't falling, it could add another twist to the game.

Last year Crockett won 95-87. I don't see the score getting that high, but I see the two teams going in the upper 70's for this one.

I'm going to go with Crockett in a close game.

Nice summarization topher. Going to be an interesting matchup. Can't wait!

One of the teams will be eliminated, so either Crockett or Kountze already played their game that will be their last win for this season, DUHHH? Somebody's going home after this one. The winner will live to play another day, and it MAY not be that team's last win, or it COULD be. Don't know who will be going home, but based on the tradition in basketball Kountze has, I wouldn't be quick to count them out just yet. Not picking them, just saying they know how to pull off upsets, and beat bigger teams. Anything can happen when two teams get together at this stage. Just look what happened in Argyle vs. Madison. Case in point that just happened. Madison was better, faster, more talented, and bigger. Did they win? NO. Good luck to each team. It sounds like this one will be worth the price of admission.