Region III 1a baseball

Otownfan

• Replies 390
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They are well coached, should hit the ball well and will play hard till the end. Good Luck Cards!!

Does Maud have any BIG sticks in their lineup? The word is that they will be without their #1 so how deep are they in pitching? I do not know how strong their district is but judging by their record in district it seems they had couple kids that were effective on the hill. They are playing 1 game so I guess it will be all hands on deck.

What do yall think on the Big Sandy vs Garrison game- Saturday 7pm @ Huntington? Big Sandy got a super solid pitcher/catcher combo.(Hendrix/Barnard- I do believe) Also got some good hitters. 1-5 solid with 6-9 normally doing well. Havent heard anything on Garrison. Saw on another thread most people pulling for Big Sandy but just wanted some thoughts.

What do yall think on the Big Sandy vs Garrison game- Saturday 7pm @ Huntington? Big Sandy got a super solid pitcher/catcher combo.(Hendrix/Barnard- I do believe) Also got some good hitters. 1-5 solid with 6-9 normally doing well. Havent heard anything on Garrison. Saw on another thread most people pulling for Big Sandy but just wanted some thoughts.

Garrison Returned 7 starters off of the 2011 team that reached the Reion III Semi-Finals against Overton and went the total 3 games. Of those 7 returning starters two were named to the THSBCA All-State Team. The strength of the Bulldogs is at the plate, where they are capable of putting up a lot of runs when they get hot. With Big Sandy boasting a lock down pitcher, it will be interesting to see how things pan out against the Garrison sticks. Garrison will also walk into this one with 4 arms with experience should the need arise to make a change on the mound. As always this one will probably come down to the winning team making the routine plays, and having the ability to manufacture runs when the opportunity arises.

Garrison Returned 7 starters off of the 2011 team that reached the Reion III Semi-Finals against Overton and went the total 3 games. Of those 7 returning starters two were named to the THSBCA All-State Team. The strength of the Bulldogs is at the plate, where they are capable of putting up a lot of runs when they get hot. With Big Sandy boasting a lock down pitcher, it will be interesting to see how things pan out against the Garrison sticks. Garrison will also walk into this one with 4 arms with experience should the need arise to make a change on the mound. As always this one will probably come down to the winning team making the routine plays, and having the ability to manufacture runs when the opportunity arises.

It will definitely be interesting to see. I do plan on being there. The biggest issue I see if their main strength is at the plate- and you do have to score runs to win is if Big Sandy's Ace Hendrix is on, I see it tough for them to slam him. He shut down Buna (2A) with ease.. Definitely be a game to go see. I think if BS can produce timely hits and score a few runs then they should have it in the bag.- And I will say for BS- not sure exactly how many starters they lost (I know it wasnt many) but they gained at least 1 good freshman I know of. Excited for this one.

It will definitely be interesting to see. I do plan on being there. The biggest issue I see if their main strength is at the plate- and you do have to score runs to win is if Big Sandy's Ace Hendrix is on, I see it tough for them to slam him. He shut down Buna (2A) with ease.. Definitely be a game to go see. I think if BS can produce timely hits and score a few runs then they should have it in the bag.- And I will say for BS- not sure exactly how many starters they lost (I know it wasnt many) but they gained at least 1 good freshman I know of. Excited for this one.

If he is that good then I would definitly be laying down some bunts to keep pressure on the defense and utilize the Bulldog speed on the bases. Bringing the gas to the 3 and 4 hole hitters with runners on for Garrison may be a situation this young man has not faced before. If and when he can simply throw it by those two guys, he has accomplished a big feat and I will tip my hat to him. I am hoping we can dodge enough weather to get this in this weekend.

Why in the world are they playing at Huntington? That's way out of the way for both teams. I would think Henderson, Kilgore or Carthage would have been a better location.