Region III 1a baseball

Otownfan

I have a question for anyone who was at lovelady:/ big sandy game. Did the ump squeeze these pitchers ? Or did they have a decent strike zone to work with?

The reason I ask is because in our tournament , I noticed our pitchers ( from both teams ) had to push the baseball further onto the plate to secure strikes and no outside edge at all was given to the pitchers . I noticed the high pitch count ( on both sides ) and was curious as to the cause , was it great batting , foul tips or were they being squeezed by the ump forcing walks . And before someone else says it I know they had 40 strikeouts between them , but they also threw about 275 or so pitches with three pitchers in 10 innings that leads me to think they had to work harder to secure strikeouts. In no way am I tryin to take away from these pitchers , they had an awesome game and have a story to tell thier own kids later in life. I am simply curious

I didn't think the ump squeezed either pitcher, thought he was faily consistent...lots of full counts and foul tips...also high number of errors that gave both sides extra outs...9 or ten if I remember correctly.

• Replies 390
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a question who wanted the 1 gamer yuga? Douglas? Or both

My guess would be Douglass, if there was only one team wanting the one game series. Douglass has a bunch of good kids that compete hard, their pitching does take a significant drop after Collin Wallace. Garrison played two close games with Douglass in district and faced Wallace both times having some success with the meat of their line-up. I hope both teams are on top of their game, for the players and fans to see which team is truly the best.