Head Baseball Positions

DTH

The class of sophomores that will be Juniors next year will be fine.

Spring Hill will just as competative the next 2 years as we have been the last 2.

Plus, while the 3A football realignment was ugly, the new baseball district will be easier in 16AAA losing Carthage. No disrespect to Kilgore, Bullard, or Chapel Hill. Just noting that Carthage baseball is top notch year in and year out.

Bullard gonna be pretty salty in Baseball... only gonna lose 3 seniors.. had four soph make 1st team all district last year...beat Jasper in playoffs and got knocked out by State runner ups Waco Robinson... already played Henderson this year with 90% jr.'s and beat them ... But i got a buddy in SH and i know they are always good in baseball.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am certainly n ot a disgruntled parent and I have never been banned from anything. I will not bash the man on here. I merely stated my opinion and left it at that. And before you go on the GH protection detail, remember I am entitled to my opinion and dont owe any explanations. We need someone the kids want to play for.

Must be a disgruntled parent from PT, that GH banned from practice....he's not the only coach leavin, a few of his own are leavin town on a fast train too

He go way to much credit for "turning" Hemphill's baseball program around. That program got turned around way before he got there. He did a good job while he was there don't get me wrong but he was not the savior of the program as some seem to think on here.

Sorry,

I did not want this to be a bashing of head coaches. My only intention was to find out if any baseball jobs that would be competitive were going to come open. I am an experienced baseball coach looking to take on as a head coach. I have over 10 years of head coaching experience.

Sorry,

I did not want this to be a bashing of head coaches. My only intention was to find out if any baseball jobs that would be competitive were going to come open. I am an experienced baseball coach looking to take on as a head coach. I have over 10 years of head coaching experience.

Look on the THSCA job board.

I know about the THSCA job board. I do utilize it. I was wondering more if someone knew something or someone that was not listed.

There are a few other sites. With that 10 years of experience and so on. You should be able to fine the sites. Plus find a good head baseball job. I hope you land a good one.

I really like Pine Tree Baseball Coach. Harmon has done alot for that program. I think he is class guy and Pine Tree will be losing a great baseball coach. Not to sure that the AD/HFC is crazy about baseball but sometime you get that with Football coaches. I feel that there are difference in position of AD/Head Football and Head Football/AD. The AD/HF is about the improving the WHOLE athletic program whereas the HF/AD is more about the football team and doesn't care about the rest of the programs. Good Luck to you Gus.

Good luck to Coach Harmon, he deserves respect. I interviewed for the Pine Tree Job and the AD was wanting to do good things for the baseball program. He had success at Giddings in football as all sports did with him as AD. Maybe he has a different outlook but still wants baseball to be successful. I felt he wanted all programs to succeed and wanted a good baseball coach. He did not even talk football with me. He was trying to hire a guy that would fit in his philosophy and wanted them to be successful.

Good luck to Coach Harmon, he deserves respect. I interviewed for the Pine Tree Job and the AD was wanting to do good things for the baseball program. He had success at Giddings in football as all sports did with him as AD. Maybe he has a different outlook but still wants baseball to be successful. I felt he wanted all programs to succeed and wanted a good baseball coach. He did not even talk football with me. He was trying to hire a guy that would fit in his philosophy and wanted them to be successful.

Strange :blink:

I guess my comment was clear as mud. He needed a guy that believed in his methods. He wanted the coaches to coach all sports hard and not just their sport. He wanted them to believe in weight lifting for sure, that was a focus. I think the kids at Pine Tree are more into baseball than trying to become better athletes by lifting hard so he wanted a coach to support that. He also asked me if I was picked for the job did I have a good assistant for baseball that might want to come that would coach football hard as well. Just trying to say I don't think he is one of those HF/AD's. He looks like one though.

I guess my comment was clear as mud. He needed a guy that believed in his methods. He wanted the coaches to coach all sports hard and not just their sport. He wanted them to believe in weight lifting for sure, that was a focus. I think the kids at Pine Tree are more into baseball than trying to become better athletes by lifting hard so he wanted a coach to support that. He also asked me if I was picked for the job did I have a good assistant for baseball that might want to come that would coach football hard as well. Just trying to say I don't think he is one of those HF/AD's. He looks like one though.

Enjoy lifting on YOUR game day's as do all other sports...... Except football on the other hand does not.

I lift every game day as a baseball coach 2-3 hours before game anyways, just not as hard. I am really not worried about a non district game day lifting regime as long as it is not pitchers. I use that time to get kids stronger for district where it counts. plus it builds mental toughness. Many ways to skin a cat I suppose. I can see how he would want a coach to come in and skin it like he would, that would make a good fit and help all programs.