Hunting 2012-2013

Hayseed

Nope you start them young and they'll be less likely to get into worse"extracurricular activites" later. One of my favorite memories as a kid was going squirrel hunting with my uncle. Squirrels trembled at the sight of that ol Red Ryder. lol Going to the lake with family and if you caught enough have a fish fry, if you didnt you just had a potato fry lol. You just dont get that in front of the tv playing video games.

Nope you start them young and they'll be less likely to get into worse"extracurricular activites" later. One of my favorite memories as a kid was going squirrel hunting with my uncle. Squirrels trembled at the sight of that ol Red Ryder. lol Going to the lake with family and if you caught enough have a fish fry, if you didnt you just had a potato fry lol. You just dont get that in front of the tv playing video games.

I have great memories like that too Stoney , and we did'nt even need a cell phone or an ipod!

• 4 weeks later...

I have great memories like that too Stoney , and we did'nt even need a cell phone or an ipod!

Ha. Isn't that the truth. How did we survive without being constantly "connected?"

I can remember many a day spent sniping squirrels down in the creek bottoms. I could spot a tail swish from a mile away. Then the stalk was on. God what fun. You ain't lived till you spent the day roaming the woods. Didn't matter if it was hot, cold, raining, or snowing. No video game I have ever seen or played comes to close to those good old days. I guess my Mom and Dad would have come looking for me had I not shown up about dark, but man times were different.

^ I loved the creek bottoms too. I remember camping many nights with teenage buddies down at the "bluffs" n "bottoms". I remember talking about girls , parents,

dreams and telling all those spooky stories.

I remember when I was a teenager going down in the creek bottom after a big rain and stalking armadillos with spears and home made bow and arrows. Most of the time the arrows would just bounce off the critters and the chase would be on. We finally got smarter and fixed knives on the end of spears and tried our hand at chasing and spearing them. Great fun!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...