Chapel Hill Offseason

Stankylegg

Looks like the Jacksonville move-in (Black) has the starting job at QB. I heard that a kid from John Tyler moved to CH recently. Anyone know anything about this?

Kinda off the subject but what position does Kenny Cook coach at CH?

I haven't heard who the new kid is. Black starting doesn't suprise me though. He has the experience that is needed on what will be a young team next yr.

I'm not going to give up my source, but I heard a very, Very, VERY intelligent source from within the field house at CH state the following. "We have as mush talent in this locker room right now, as we did two years ago at this time, if not more. It just has to mature with some playing time on Friday night. Anything less than three rounds deep would be a disappointment in my opinion."

Pretty bold statement, and it wasn't said in an environment where there was a need to puff the team up and sound cocky. It wasn't a "I pick my team against anyone" kinda conversation, it was a real opinion from a smart gentleman.

I heard Lex isn't going to play next year. He was a good athlete on the JV at QB, and has put on some weight (MUSCLE). I figured he would get moved to LB or DE if he is aggressive enough, but it looks like he isn't going to be around come 2-a-days. Can anyone confirm whether this is true or not? I sure hate to see this kid quit if it is true.

I'll ask my "sources" if this is true. I hate that for Lex if it's true.

I'm not going to give up my source, but I heard a very, Very, VERY intelligent source from within the field house at CH state the following. "We have as mush talent in this locker room right now, as we did two years ago at this time, if not more. It just has to mature with some playing time on Friday night. Anything less than three rounds deep would be a disappointment in my opinion."

Pretty bold statement, and it wasn't said in an environment where there was a need to puff the team up and sound cocky. It wasn't a "I pick my team against anyone" kinda conversation, it was a real opinion from a smart gentleman.

Pretty BOLD indeed. I can't wait.

I can see this in the atmosphere over there. There is as much speed and these guys have been exposed to the mental toughness that it takes to win the close games. I see a deep run as well! I can’t wait to see what they do with Clark next season!

A playoff is all a fan can ask for because after that it's anybody's to take it all the way. I can't wait to see what Black does at qb. After Avery leaving it seams CH is ok at the qb position.

If you tell yourself your the best sooner or later you start to belive it. MY Aggies will win the SEC baby, Henderson wins State, Kilgore goes winless, Longview loses in the playoffs well thats a given, Tony romo leads the Cowboys to a superbowl title and my rangers win a WS. I belive I belive.......

Keep believeing Lion. It's what keeps us fans around each yr. Notre Dame is bound to win a BCS game eventually one day. Lol.

We should have some experience at the skill positions (Black-QB, Clark-RB, and Allen-FB/HB). I think Clark has the potential to be pretty darn good. He is a downhill runner that hits the hole with explosiveness. I think the big question mark will be the O and D lines. Anyone know if any of the underclassman receivers saw significant playing time last year?

If you tell yourself your the best sooner or later you start to belive it. MY Aggies will win the SEC baby, Henderson wins State, Kilgore goes winless, Longview loses in the playoffs well thats a given, Tony romo leads the Cowboys to a superbowl title and my rangers win a WS. I belive I belive.......

The past couple years in sports have been good for me. The Bulldgos went to state twice, winning it last year. The Rangers have been to the series twice, and should be there a third time in a row. Heck, I even won a semi-annual washer tournament a few weekends ago. GREAT year in sports for the ole hood rat :)

#81Robinson was a sohp last year, #6 Thompson also a sohp last year. They are also on the track team and can fly. At least one is on the 4 X 100 relay team going to state . Jamarcus McCowin I think was on the JV but he is goin to stae with the relay too.

CH is loaded with speed right now. McCowin, Clark, Thompson, Rodinson, and a few others are just as fast as the kids they are replacing. Black has two years Varsity experience under his belt (at the 4A level), and will have two more years with the Bulldogs. I heard Allen is going to play on the d-line some, and that Kennedy (DE) has really stepped it up this offseason as a leader. He is also just a Sophomore this spring, so he will have two more years as a Bulldog.

If lex does not start as qb he is quitting !! Sad but true !!

This doesnt seem like a true team player because to be a team u must sacrifice for the guy next to you. He should rethink this if this is he really how he feels