High School Football Off-season Workouts

LilFootballFan

What are your schedules and thoughts about your high schools off-season regiment? Does your team lift everyday? Have speed days? Agility days? Workout in the morning and afternoon? You dont have to get very specific if you don't want to but I am very curious about all the various workouts and philosophies there are out there in East Texas football.

Most will lift 3-4 times per week. Full body 3 days a week.....2 Upper / 2 Lower if 4 times a week. Not much competition (unless you count competing against the weights) and not much true SPEED work being done. Sorry running 20 40's in 10 minutes is not going to make you faster.

This is what I recommend for SKILL kids:

Mondays: Speed day (Lots of rest between reps) and Upper body weights

Tuesdays: Lower Body (A lot of single leg lifts, Lunges, step-ups, ect) and Finish with Conditioning

Wednesdays: Competition or Skill work

Thursdays: Quickness day (Bags, Speed Latter, ect) and Upper body weights

Fridays: Heavy Legs in Weight room (Squats, Power Clean, Dead Lift, ect) and finish with conditioning

A lot of programs are not following a science based program. I hate to use the term, "OLD School", because there are a lot of poitives about being Old School, but the offseason programs is not one of them.

Heard SMU's strength and conditioning coach speak and you should have seen how many Old School guys were in shock about what he was saying.