16-3A Baseball

theonly

OK lets have a real 16-3A baseball discussion

Whats the best way to attack this district in the play-offs?

I have seen both Carthage and SH play the mighty Bucks.

Obviously they both have a dominant #1 with Day and Cellucci, we have a modest #1 in Traylor who did quite well in his starts vs the big guys in our district.

Does any of our 16-3a teams have enough dominant pitching to go 3?

Gilmer: Traylor, Hollis, Turner, Tomlin and Tomlin

Carthage: Day, Gage, Harrison and im sure a ton more that werent needed much in district

SH: Cellucci, Nance, then a few that havent pitched alot, robbins, methvin, watkins??? (due to some suspension lost a couple arms i think)

Thoughts on how this will be handled by other districts? would they want a 3 gamer or a one gamer?

Im assuming 16-3a would love one gamers

I would not think SH would be in favor of one game series as anything can happen in baseball game. I am sure whoever loses the game Monday night would not want a one game series with Atlanta and Lee Raley, SH has seen him once in Liberty Eylau tournament and played to a tie, he is very good and just signed to play at McLennan near Waco. He kept our hitters off all day with a great breaking ball.

Obviously they both have a dominant #1 with Day and Cellucci, we have a modest #1 in Traylor who did quite well in his starts vs the big guys in our district.

Carthage: Day, Gage, Harrison and im sure a ton more that werent needed much in district

SH: Cellucci, Nance, then a few that havent pitched alot, robbins, methvin, watkins??? (due to some suspension lost a couple arms i think)

Thoughts on how this will be handled by other districts? would they want a 3 gamer or a one gamer?

I would not think SH would be in favor of one game series as anything can happen in baseball game. I am sure whoever loses the game Monday night would not want a one game series with Atlanta and Lee Raley, SH has seen him once in Liberty Eylau tournament and played to a tie, he is very good and just signed to play at McLennan near Waco. He kept our hitters off all day with a great breaking ball.

I'm pretty sure cellucci didn't pitch either time they played Atlanta in the tie 2-2 or when they beat them 11-7

Both teams have beat PG and both teams have lost to PG. Still believe if u want to make it to state the road goes though PG. Carthage may be #1 in state rankings, but PG has a different mindset and pedigree come playoff time. Been to Austin 4 straight years, tuff to argue against that.

Both Springhill and Carthage are great teams, still believe this Carthage team has a lot to prove. Carthage has the talent and ability to win state, don't know if they have the mental tuffness!!! Only time will tell.

There's 3 teams battling it out for the right to play PG. Argyle will get a bye, as will Prosper. I look for Argyle to play Lovejoy in the 2nd Round, and Prosper should win their 2nd Rounder. You then have the winner of the Argyle-Lovejoy game playing Prosper, and that winner playing PG most likely(Could be playing Carthage, though). Argyle is a well-rounded team with hitting, defense, and enough quality pitching in a playoff setting to be a force. Prosper has great pitching. Will the Argyle hitters put down Lovejoy and Prosper? I dunno, but I'm kinda intrigued to see what happens here. The problem is Lovejoy kinda mirrors Argyle as a team. I think Argyle's hitting is just a tad better, though.

I would believe the 3 game series would favor the best/deepest team. SH and Carthge's #3 are probably better than their opponents #3.

A lesser team would have a better shot of getting the breaks and pulling an upset in one game rather than holding up for 3.