Bearcat AD

WorkOx51

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The first move in the process is to contact the other 3 "finalist" and guage their interest. The second step is to schedule a meeting as early as is possible. The third step is to vote again. The first two steps are done, the vote will be made Friday at noon.

As far as why Segleski chose not to come, its really not clear. Obviously there were some malicious and tasteless attacks made on him from ne're-do-wells on various social sites,perhaps it was not wanting to expose his daughters to those types. Maybe he couldn't get the people he wanted to bring in to come, or maybe he is in line for the position at Aubrey. I would like to think he had more backbone than to be scared away, but I don't honestly know. It is an unfortunate sequence of events, but still has the potential to work out very well for the district.

What is happenning right now, is that three other coaching positions have been posted and they will be filled prior to the end of school with recommendations from the AD. The important thing here is that this community has put in the work and laid the groundwork for a successful future here through pee wee and youth programs from football, volleyball, basketball, and softball/baseball. We are ready to promote a winner, and we need a strong director to foster the progress that has been made and to make that next step.

This is going to be a positive step, and it is going to be successful moving forward. GO BLUE!

JP

Perhaps it was the fact that beckville would not give seg a 2 year contract. From what I hear, they would only offer a 1 year, which in reality is only a 6 month contract. after all the #### that was put on these boards about him, cant say I really blame him. Am I the only one who read all the email stuff. Seg never really said anything to bad on there. The other 2 guys where the ones saying everything. I guess you can say guilt by association, but I didnt see anything bad by him.

The first move in the process is to contact the other 3 "finalist" and guage their interest. The second step is to schedule a meeting as early as is possible. The third step is to vote again. The first two steps are done, the vote will be made Friday at noon.

As far as why Segleski chose not to come, its really not clear. Obviously there were some malicious and tasteless attacks made on him from ne're-do-wells on various social sites,perhaps it was not wanting to expose his daughters to those types. Maybe he couldn't get the people he wanted to bring in to come, or maybe he is in line for the position at Aubrey. I would like to think he had more backbone than to be scared away, but I don't honestly know. It is an unfortunate sequence of events, but still has the potential to work out very well for the district.

What is happenning right now, is that three other coaching positions have been posted and they will be filled prior to the end of school with recommendations from the AD. The important thing here is that this community has put in the work and laid the groundwork for a successful future here through pee wee and youth programs from football, volleyball, basketball, and softball/baseball. We are ready to promote a winner, and we need a strong director to foster the progress that has been made and to make that next step.

This is going to be a positive step, and it is going to be successful moving forward. GO BLUE!

JP

Coach Seg has a good job at a good school and community. His family is probably really happy there and the success that he has enjoyed has put him in position to get to interview for AD/HC positions. WHY would he want to leave that and move to the circus that is Beckville ... there is your answer.

I hope the right choice is made this time. The only thing that should be on anyone's mind in that room is the KIDS not anyone's pride or personal agenda. And select the man that will be the right one for ALL the sports. I know who I would pick but as long as your decision is made solely in the kids best interest you can't go wrong.

Coach Seg has a good job at a good school and community. His family is probably really happy there and the success that he has enjoyed has put him in position to get to interview for AD/HC positions. WHY would he want to leave that and move to the circus that is Beckville ... there is your answer.

Still bitter bout truth and facts and research?

I hope the right choice is made this time. The only thing that should be on anyone's mind in that room is the KIDS not anyone's pride or personal agenda. And select the man that will be the right one for ALL the sports. I know who I would pick but as long as your decision is made solely in the kids best interest you can't go wrong.

Why are you so proud of the fact that dirt was drug up? The transcript from those emails was newsworthy 7 years ago....

Again, please find what was said by Segleski that was bad. I agree the other 2 idiots where wrong, but what did segleski say in those emails that should be hurting him 7 years later?

Well if getting the right assistants is important to whoever they offer the job to it is kinda late in the game since most good assistants have already been locked in for another season. Every day that passes the smaller the pool of quality assistants becomes.

I do not disagree that we all have skeletons in our closets. But the fact is the only research that was done on this guy was a five minute phone call to GA Moore. A simply Google search and its the second thing about the man that pops up. I guess I'm unsure why you think everyone in the district should not be aware of the history of the person that will be in the leadership role of our children? And I agree his comments are not outrageous but the fact that he was not smart enough to be a part of those conversations on a public school database questions his thinking.

As far as what happened 7 yrs ago should not be a concern he was a lot younger then and I know I've done some things when I was younger that I am sorry for and surely hope wouldn't be brought up I mean for some crimes the statue of limitations is 7 yrs and 7 yrs is a long time to change leave the man alone it's history

Lol its all ok when things are just left alone. That means all blame is shifted but boy when someone else makes a mistake then burn down their houses because moving on AINT happening! Haha Wax the Wildcats!

As far as what happened 7 yrs ago should not be a concern he was a lot younger then and I know I've done some things when I was younger that I am sorry for and surely hope wouldn't be brought up I mean for some crimes the statue of limitations is 7 yrs and 7 yrs is a long time to change leave the man alone it's history

Good post....

JP

Are you actually saying Kevin Hayes, Mike Ludlow, and/or Eric Robinson has now shown interest in the job after being contacted by someone from BISD informing them Segleski didn't take the job for WHATEVER reason. Therefore, on Friday you will meet and vote on one of those three??? Is that what you are saying, the next AD will be one of those three guys, because that is how it reads!!!

And as far as malicious & tastesless attacks.... When things are PUBLIC KNOWLEDGE printed in a newspaper they are neither malicious nor tastesless!!! Nothing was added or taken away, just facts. No mud slinging, no name calling, only emails the guy typed himself. Now if the BISD Board room is not equipped with the Internet so boards members can google, who is to blame there??? Ask your voters for a bond, get you some laptops! Use your smart phones! It is your civic duty! Don't blame others when things go wrong for silly mistakes you made inside the board room.

"Now if the BISD Board room is not equipped with the Internet so boards members can google, who is to blame there??? Ask your voters for a grant, get you some laptops!"

There is Internet both wireless and LAN, and there are as many laptops per capita in Beckville ISD than probably any school in Texas. I think Grants would either come from the State or Federal Govt's or perhaps from a large Private sector body. A bond or tax increase for Laptops would not be needed. http://www.news-journal.com/news/local/article_0d201394-9935-5acb-b5ed-e5ae0898a6b3.html That was from Bing, I think Google would find it as well.

"Now if the BISD Board room is not equipped with the Internet so boards members can google, who is to blame there??? Ask your voters for a grant, get you some laptops!"

There is Internet both wireless and LAN, and there are as many laptops per capita in Beckville ISD than probably any school in Texas. I think Grants would either come from the State or Federal Govt's or perhaps from a large Private sector body. A bond or tax increase for Laptops would not be needed. http://www.news-jour...ae0898a6b3.html That was from Bing, I think Google would find it as well.

Thanks - corrected

Nonetheless, the Internet can be utilized more effectively in the BISD Board room.

I do not disagree that we all have skeletons in our closets. But the fact is the only research that was done on this guy was a five minute phone call to GA Moore.

You got yourself some bad information there BandWagon. You may want to reconsider your sources on that statement.

KeepinIt4Real "And as far as malicious & tastesless attacks.... When things are PUBLIC KNOWLEDGE printed in a newspaper they are neither malicious nor tastesless!!! Nothing was added or taken away, just facts. No mud slinging, no name calling, only emails the guy typed himself."

Did you notice that my post did not mention the emails? The "malicious and tasteless" attacks I was referring to were the unfounded accusations of personal misconduct that were posted on various social sites.

Are you actually saying Kevin Hayes, Mike Ludlow, and/or Eric Robinson has now shown interest in the job after being contacted by someone from BISD informing them Segleski didn't take the job for WHATEVER reason. Therefore, on Friday you will meet and vote on one of those three??? Is that what you are saying, the next AD will be one of those three guys, because that is how it reads!!!

I actually wrote that post so that it would sound that way.

"Now if the BISD Board room is not equipped with the Internet so boards members can google, who is to blame there??? Ask your voters for a bond, get you some laptops! Use your smart phones! It is your civic duty! It is your civic duty! Don't blame others when things go wrong for silly mistakes you made inside the board room."

Define silly... If it makes you feel better to think you brought down the system, then I say celebrate it! Too bad you no one knows who you are, or we could send you a cake.

GO BLUE!

JP

You got yourself some bad information there BandWagon. You may want to reconsider your sources on that statement.

KeepinIt4Real "And as far as malicious & tastesless attacks.... When things are PUBLIC KNOWLEDGE printed in a newspaper they are neither malicious nor tastesless!!! Nothing was added or taken away, just facts. No mud slinging, no name calling, only emails the guy typed himself."

Did you notice that my post did not mention the emails? The "malicious and tasteless" attacks I was referring to were the unfounded accusations of personal misconduct that were posted on various social sites.

I actually wrote that post so that it would sound that way.

"Now if the BISD Board room is not equipped with the Internet so boards members can google, who is to blame there??? Ask your voters for a bond, get you some laptops! Use your smart phones! It is your civic duty! It is your civic duty! Don't blame others when things go wrong for silly mistakes you made inside the board room."

Define silly... If it makes you feel better to think you brought down the system, then I say celebrate it! Too bad you no one knows who you are, or we could send you a cake.

GO BLUE!

JP

dO YU REMEMBRE THE BLUE BEARCAT CLAWZ -OWN -A -STIK THE BOOSTRE CLUB SOLDT AT THE GAME SUMTYMES? i LYKE THOSE ALLOT. bUTT SUMTYMES THE CAKE FROSTIN WULD STAIN OUR LIPS.