Spring Hill Looking for New Baseball Coach

Bev

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Addressing the Farmersville situation with the baseball coach: For the so called "athletic director" to do that during the baseball playoffs is despicable. You know, there are corporate takeovers in Manhattan that have more humanity and thoughtfulness than some of these buffoon football coaches that get a new job. Get over yourselves and think about coaches and their families first. Makes me sick.

I know this thread is about Spring Hill and Coach Hector...but the things that some NEW AD's do is really unbelievable. I am sure the Farmersville baseball coach also coached football. So, the new AD wants to bring in his own guy to coach a football position, instead of thinking about baseball. It keeps happening...who cares about the other sports as long as football gets better. Let's kill all the other good sports so every sport at the school will be equally as bad as our football program.

I know this thread is about Spring Hill and Coach Hector...but the things that some NEW AD's do is really unbelievable. I am sure the Farmersville baseball coach also coached football. So, the new AD wants to bring in his own guy to coach a football position, instead of thinking about baseball. It keeps happening...who cares about the other sports as long as football gets better. Let's kill all the other good sports so every sport at the school will be equally as bad as our football program.

A few years back the new Danbury Head Football Coach/AD fired their baseball coach during the playoffs. Danbury went on to win the State Baseball Championship that year.

I am sure they are a football powerhouse now.

Anna ISD scoops up another successful East Texas coach. Bullard girls basketball coach Greg Gay heading to Anna. Per our local freelance news guy.

Are the positions of AD and Head Football coach separated at Anna?

Hector great guy and coach. New Farmersville A.D. great guy, great coach, and a baseball guy. D1 college player, former head baseball coach, and baseball assistant at Brenham-one of the most successful high school programs in the state. I bet there is more to it than just letting the guy go because he is running a successful program.

I Dont know Hector, but I do know Sammy Burnett at Farmersville. Number one, he is a BIG baseball supporter (he would not run off a baseball coach because he was envious of the programs success) Second, He is a man of passion and character and if he let the current baseball coach go, then I am quite sure that is for a very good reason that many others removed from the situation do not know anything about.

Hector great guy and coach. New Farmersville A.D. great guy, great coach, and a baseball guy. D1 college player, former head baseball coach, and baseball assistant at Brenham-one of the most successful high school programs in the state. I bet there is more to it than just letting the guy go because he is running a successful program.

I Dont know Hector, but I do know Sammy Burnett at Farmersville. Number one, he is a BIG baseball supporter (he would not run off a baseball coach because he was envious of the programs success) Second, He is a man of passion and character and if he let the current baseball coach go, then I am quite sure that is for a very good reason that many others removed from the situation do not know anything about.

my thinking is this...if it is bad enough to let him go at the end of the year then why is he coaching now...if he thinks that he is not good enough to coach next year then why is he good enough to finish the year.....

Actually, the baseball Coach knew prior to the season that his contract would not be renewed, and did not tell his team till the end, after we won State. That's class & character. And they are still a baseball powerhouse, lost in the playoffs last weekend. Their softball team is currently still pursing a back to back State title with their #1 ranked National pitcher!

whoever Coach Chadwick hires will be a good choice--im sure Hector was tired of the board-(only 5-6 varsity football coaches in that district is just stupid!! most of those other teams will prolly have 12 or 13) and I heard the school promised his wife a job if it came open and one did and she didnt get it-----there are a lot of applicants for this--Chadwick will get a good one!!!

From what I can tell, Burnett seems to be a good guy and did hear he has some pretty good skins on the wall from baseball.

Not sure what the decision was based on to be honest but I do know he is letting loose a good one..one who clearly wanted to stay around with his family and continue the work he has put in over the past 4 years.

Personally, I think it is crazy for somebody to think that the Coach Burnett was envious of the Baseball teams success in this situation and thus why he didn't renew...that just crazy talk.

Apollo - I'm not questionnig Burnett's passion and character here at all, as he seems like a good man. But just because he is a man of those characteristics in your eyes doesn't mean he did not renew Coach C. because he did something wrong. Maybe he just wanted his own guys in there as Coheley coached the DL in football? From what I've heard, he only kept 2 coaches total from the program.

I'm not sure what the decision was based on to be honest but I do know he is letting loose a good one..one who clearly wanted to stay around with his family and continue the work he has put in over the past 4 years.

Coach C. is a man of integrity, character & passion too and always puts team and his boys first...I don't think he would have been coaching 20+ years (12 of those in Rogers) if he was anything other than that.

Best of luck to coach Hector at Anna and the SH program on finding a viable replacement!

I've got no clue as to why Coach Hector would leave SH and even less of a clue as to why SH would let him go (or chase him away). My question is how did a school like Anna scoop him up? I just can't believe a big time program didn't throw some cash at this guy. Maybe he knew that's where he was going all along, but I think this guy is one of the best coaches in East Texas.

As part of the community, I know we showed support for him. I know several of the board members were just about ready to do anything to keep him. I know coach Chadwick wanted to keep him. Now what went on behind closed doors, I do not know. I do know coach Hector frequents this site, so if he wants to post why he decided to leave then he'll do it.

I know his brother very well, brother asked him if anything was done to keep, answer was no. just for fun, what was the board waiting on? brother told me he told them (alot of he tolds i know) that he made it very well known he wanted his wife to have a job with him. apparently a job came open and he was told she MIGHT have a chance at it. I leave it at that and wait for him to come on. But to any SH person, did he make it clear at the banquet why he was leaving?????

I know his brother very well, brother asked him if anything was done to keep, answer was no. just for fun, what was the board waiting on? brother told me he told them (alot of he tolds i know) that he made it very well known he wanted his wife to have a job with him. apparently a job came open and he was told she MIGHT have a chance at it. I leave it at that and wait for him to come on. But to any SH person, did he make it clear at the banquet why he was leaving?????

Not getting your wife a job is huge. I feel if a coach wants to bring his wife on board so the family can be apart of the district and the school does not support him whoever it is. That is a good enough reason to make you want to leave. Makes you feel not important and all the extra hours and hard work is not being respected. I have seen coaches that coach at schools and want there kids to go to other schools, thats who needs to be run off. Sounds like Coach Hector wanted to commit to the school if that is all true. Good luck to everyone involved sounds like everyone is getting hurt on this one and no one really will know why.

Joey spoke about taking care of family at the banquet and did mention Anna gave his wife a job which was important to him. He didn't clearly say that is the reason I'm leaving though. I believe the board filled a job just to the end of this school year that was slated to be filled permanently to allow his wife to apply for the position. It was said by someone at a board meeting (no I'm not on the board) that they reached out to her this year to fill that spot but she would not leave midyear. I don't know that to be a fact. I wish it would have all worked out that Joey was staying, but we have to move on as a community and support coach Chadwick from this point on.