Carlisle Vs. Fayetteville

We had Fayetteville beat until the 6th inning rolled around . We were up on them 4-0 thru 5. We had a couple of costly errors that led to them tying the game in the 6th and taking the lead in the 7th. If you saw or were at the game you know that we had runners on base in the 7th with a chance to tie or win it and couldn't get a hit. We should have beat them we were the better team. Hats off to them on their state championship win. With the score I saw we should have beat Stamford too.

Costy errors to say the least...wow, pitcher couldn't hit second base on the bunt...

Price Carlisle #### off the Baseball Gods. You never start your #2 in the State Baseball Tournament. What's that about? Are they saving him for the Finals? In the Semi's you have to play like there is no tomorrow. By the way, what's the deal with Baker coaching a baserunner on third base from the First base coaching box? Who is the guy in the third base coaching box, the bus driver???

Price Carlisle #### off the Baseball Gods. You never start your #2 in the State Baseball Tournament. What's that about? Are they saving him for the Finals? In the Semi's you have to play like there is no tomorrow. By the way, what's the deal with Baker coaching a baserunner on third base from the First base coaching box? Who is the guy in the third base coaching box, the bus driver???

Shows how little you know about the team. Do your research before you come on here running your mouth. The guy in the 3rd base box is the head coach Wesley Colley. Never seen you on here before today. Our # 2 was doing a heck of a job keeping Fayetteville scoreless thru 5. We had to play on saturday in the regional finals so not much rest there. We were 1 of 4 1A teams left in the state still playing on wednesday so that says something in itself. So according to your logic you play your # 1 2 games in a row regardless of how many pitches he throws? Gimme a break . Proud of all the Indians players and coaches for their hardwork and dedication this season. We will get back next yr!

Shows how little you know about the team. Do your research before you come on here running your mouth. The guy in the 3rd base box is the head coach Wesley Colley. Never seen you on here before today. Our # 2 was doing a heck of a job keeping Fayetteville scoreless thru 5. We had to play on saturday in the regional finals so not much rest there. We were 1 of 4 1A teams left in the state still playing on wednesday so that says something in itself. So according to your logic you play your # 1 2 games in a row regardless of how many pitches he throws? Gimme a break . Proud of all the Indians players and coaches for their hardwork and dedication this season. We will get back next yr!

I'm just agreeing with your previous post. You did have them beat and you were the better team. You also had a guy who was 14-0 out there in cf when things got woolley. If Baker had come in at the first sign of trouble the bus driver in the 3rd base coaching box would be getting sized for state championship ring.

I'm just agreeing with your previous post. You did have them beat and you were the better team. You also had a guy who was 14-0 out there in cf when things got woolley. If Baker had come in at the first sign of trouble the bus driver in the 3rd base coaching box would be getting sized for state championship ring.

Parents nowadays. Give me a break man. Bus Driver? Colley has done a heck of a job building and sustaining the program and if you ask anyone from Carlisle, they feel lucky to have him. Get off your computer, become a coach, and try to get to the state tournament yourself. Then you'll have some room to talk.

Parents nowadays. Give me a break man. Bus Driver? Colley has done a heck of a job building and sustaining the program and if you ask anyone from Carlisle, they feel lucky to have him. Get off your computer, become a coach, and try to get to the state tournament yourself. Then you'll have some room to talk.

Agree 100%. I'm a parent of a player and proud of coach colley . He has done a remarkable job at Carlisle and I'm proud to say my son played in playoff's for 4consecutive years under his leadership .

Fellas, Fellas easy. Calm down. I'm trying to school you up here. Let me make 2 points here.

Point#1

1982-Wylie gets to state tournament. Their #1 doesn't want to pitch in the semi's because the game is at Burger Center. He wants to pitch at the Disch. They get beat by a team they should have spanked in the semi's. They go to the Disch the next day in their street clothes but he's well rested.

1984 Lufkin Hudson had been #1 in the state the whole year. their BULL is Robert Levins. He's a stud. They save him for the Finals. They get beat in the semi's.

1995 Grand Prairie could have beat every team in the Southland Conference. And most of the teams in the Big 12. Their BULL is Kerry Wood who threw a lot of pitches the previous weekend in the Regional Finals. He got drafted by the Cubs on Monday and in the Semi's he's playing 1st base. Keep in mind their #2 got drafted in the 10th round. Never the less the Baseball Gods were not happy. They got beat.

2000 Yoakum has a Jr. who is a monster. After his Sr. year he goes to the U of H. He pitches there for 3 yrs. and is the 9th pick of the 1st round in 2004. Anyway, he pitches in the Semi's and just mows em down. Then it starts raining. After a 5 day rain delay they finally get to the finish the Tournament. The Coach starts their #2 because it's his turn in the rotation. They get beat. The Baseball Gods are ANGRY.

The moral to this history lesson is when you are fortunate enough to get to the SHOW you better not take anything for granted. Throw your BULL. He's 17 yrs. old. If you take care of him with ice, running and stretching he should be ready to go. He's had 31/2 days to recover from the weekend. You DON'T pitch the #2 because it's his turn. You play like tomorrow because if you don't win there is no tomorrow.

Point#2 I'm sure Coach Colley is a great guy and a heck of a coach. I hope at some point he can get an assistant who knows his ROLE. You can be the pitching coach/AD without HOGGIN the show. That was embarassing for assistant coaches everywhere. The Baseball Gods are Angered by assistant coaches who try to upstage the Head Coach and have that "LOOK AT ME" attitude at the State Tournament. Assistant Coaches everywhere be sure you "KNOW YOUR ROLE"

Anyway I hope your first trip to the SHOW was a great learning experience. You should have a great chance to get back next year. If you look in your Tournament program You'll notice that there are a lot of teams that get to Austin the first time and get beat then return the next year to win it all. Your problem is that Weimar dropped down in region 4 and they are going to be hard to handle. Good luck in football this fall and we hope to see you in Austin in the SUMMER of 2013.

Baker threw 127 pitches on Saturday in the regional final game. Some coaches care about their players career after high school. He was hoping to give him another days rest. The pitching did not create the errors. Carlisle you had a good year a lot of people like to mouth from the bleachers but have no idea on what is going on.

Baker threw 127 pitches on Saturday in the regional final game. Some coaches care about their players career after high school. He was hoping to give him another days rest. The pitching did not create the errors. Carlisle you had a good year a lot of people like to mouth from the bleachers but have no idea on what is going on.

OK. That's it. I was going to give you guys a free pass. I gave you a free State Tournament history lesson and I wasn't going to put you on the State Tournament's Greatest Blunders List, but it's obvious that you don't get it. If you don't learn from your mistakes you are destined to repeat them. You have failed State Tournament History 101. And one more thing, you can shove that pitch counter where the sun don't shine. Or better yet, put it on a string and hang it the trophy case where the State Championship Trophy was going to go.

You had the BASEBALL GODS on your side with that win over Douglas. They were with you through4 innings at Dell. They didn't desert you because you didn't start the BULL,they deserted you when you didn't bring him in at the first sign of trouble. Think about it. The made to order double play ball, the bunt back to the pitcher that wound up in centerfield. You make those plays 99 out of 100 times. You make at least one of those plays 999 out of 1000. Don't you get it!!! It's the BASEBALL GODS. You made them angry. They got off of you like a dirty shirt.

Fayetteville has 64 kids in High School. Half of them are girls. That's only 32 boys in high school. Haif of them have to hurry home after school to work in the dairy. That's only 4 kids per grade that play baseball. When the BG's got off of you they got on them. They have your State Championship Trophy. The Josten's man is coming by Monday for the RING sizing. It's a crying shame. Those RINGS are hard to come by. Those guys up there in Pleasant Grove and Carthage know how hard they are to get. Go by and look at them. If you don't learn from your mistakes you'll never get one.

In closing, of the 20 teams that made it to the SHOW your the only one who didn't start their BULL. I bet when you get back next year you'll keep the BG's happy. Don't Mess With The BASEBALL GODS!!!!!!!!!

OK. That's it. I was going to give you guys a free pass. I gave you a free State Tournament history lesson and I wasn't going to put you on the State Tournament's Greatest Blunders List, but it's obvious that you don't get it. If you don't learn from your mistakes you are destined to repeat them. You have failed State Tournament History 101. And one more thing, you can shove that pitch counter where the sun don't shine. Or better yet, put it on a string and hang it the trophy case where the State Championship Trophy was going to go.

You had the BASEBALL GODS on your side with that win over Douglas. They were with you through4 innings at Dell. They didn't desert you because you didn't start the BULL,they deserted you when you didn't bring him in at the first sign of trouble. Think about it. The made to order double play ball, the bunt back to the pitcher that wound up in centerfield. You make those plays 99 out of 100 times. You make at least one of those plays 999 out of 1000. Don't you get it!!! It's the BASEBALL GODS. You made them angry. They got off of you like a dirty shirt.

Fayetteville has 64 kids in High School. Half of them are girls. That's only 32 boys in high school. Haif of them have to hurry home after school to work in the dairy. That's only 4 kids per grade that play baseball. When the BG's got off of you they got on them. They have your State Championship Trophy. The Josten's man is coming by Monday for the RING sizing. It's a crying shame. Those RINGS are hard to come by. Those guys up there in Pleasant Grove and Carthage know how hard they are to get. Go by and look at them. If you don't learn from your mistakes you'll never get one.

In closing, of the 20 teams that made it to the SHOW your the only one who didn't start their BULL. I bet when you get back next year you'll keep the BG's happy. Don't Mess With The BASEBALL GODS!!!!!!!!!

I dont care what you say. Your not a coach, just a wannabe from the stands. Our boys played with heart and they are champions in our eyes and represented our county well.

Well baseball salesman , I don't believe in baseball gods. There is only one God and I don't think he takes sides in a baseball game . And as for pitching Gunner in game one No, I'll pass if there was a chance it could have hurt his arm . Looks like our number twoo did a pretty good job thru four , and then the mental mistakes started and we gave it away .

I'm not gonna diss on a coach or a player over a loss , FAYETTEVILLE EARNED THAT WIN BECAUSE THEY NEVER QUIT PLAYING AND NEVER GAVE UP HOPE.

It's easy to come on smoky and pass off blame. It's harder to watch your son walk off the field with tears in his eyes and hurt in his heart and tell him the truth that the other team deserves the win because they outplayed your team .

Get honest with your selves and except the facts as they are. The best team does not always win it's the team that scores the most runs . Fayetteville got by us and then Doe popped Stamford , they Deserve that ring and that's the end of the story . As Doomer would say Tru story

Well baseball salesman , I don't believe in baseball gods. There is only one God and I don't think he takes sides in a baseball game . And as for pitching Gunner in game one No, I'll pass if there was a chance it could have hurt his arm . Looks like our number twoo did a pretty good job thru four , and then the mental mistakes started and we gave it away .

I'm not gonna diss on a coach or a player over a loss , FAYETTEVILLE EARNED THAT WIN BECAUSE THEY NEVER QUIT PLAYING AND NEVER GAVE UP HOPE.

It's easy to come on smoky and pass off blame. It's harder to watch your son walk off the field with tears in his eyes and hurt in his heart and tell him the truth that the other team deserves the win because they outplayed your team .

Get honest with your selves and except the facts as they are. The best team does not always win it's the team that scores the most runs . Fayetteville got by us and then Doe popped Stamford , they Deserve that ring and that's the end of the story . As Doomer would say Tru story

Gunner DID pitch in game 1. Aw heck, forget it. You're a nonbeliever. Maybe ya'll can get a ring in football. For the kids sake i hope so. May the FOOTBALL GODS be with you. Before I go let me leave you with this. When I first went to work selling fertilizer my boss called me off to the side and told me this. "This is your buttocks and this is a hole in the ground, now go sell some fertilizer."

Above underlined sentence the best I have seen on this thread. How many think the Texas Rangers were the better team last year?

I wouldn't even waste my time trying to talk sense into fertilizer man. It seems like he's full of fertilizer if you know what I mean. Carlisle had a great season and know one will ever be able to take that away from them. Congratulations to the Indians and all their coaches and fans and parents. Very classy act all the way around.