2A Baseball predictions for 2013

NEAL

Was wondering where everybody has the top 10 going into next year. Just basing it off of talent, seniors lost, and what they accomplished this year it should make for a fun season come 2013.

Hughes Springs bring back the bulk of their pitching so I give them the favorite. Region 3 will be different because a lot of teams that were in Region 4 are now in Region 3 and 1A schools are now in 2A.. I see next year being a toss up kind of year, but it is very early to tell.

Hughes Springs bring back the bulk of their pitching so I give them the favorite. Region 3 will be different because a lot of teams that were in Region 4 are now in Region 3 and 1A schools are now in 2A.. I see next year being a toss up kind of year, but it is very early to tell.

Queen City which eliminated Hughes Springs will bring back all four of there starting pitchers and seven of their nine starters.

Queen City is a well coached good team. I noticed in the beginning of the year they "played up" and held there own against 3-A teams including PG. What I think hurt them this year was their district was a little down and did not present them with enough challenges. Not a knock on the other teams but just a fact that this was not a good year for that district. Next year will probably be a little different. This year there was a HUGE seperation between Queen City and Hooks and Chapel Hill (2nd and 3rd) this year. Coach Turner does a great job of motivating these kids and they play hard for him.

Edgewood will be a team in the mix next year as well. They were rebuilding after a regional final appearance last year. This year they made the regional semis with a very young team. Most of whom will be back next season. They will lose Trey Jameson to graduation.

Region III will be extremely tough in 2013. You have:

D22

This district contains 5 out of the last 6 state champions(Jarrell, Cameron Yoe, Rogers, Salado, Rogers) in 2A. Overall, the district could be better than it has ever been in 2013. Jarrell is losing 3 starters, but returns a key core of hitters along with 2 of the 3 arms that they pitched at state. If they can find a few bats and 1 more pitcher, they will tough once again. Cameron Yoe & Salado both return everything. Cameron Yoe lost to Jarrell twice in district in 2011(3-2 in extra innings & 2-1). Overall, we were extremely young in 2012, with 1 freshmen, 6 sophomores, and 2 junior starters. If we progress like we should, we should be right there. Salado is pretty much in the same boat we were. They were extremely young and return essentially everyone after a nice run in 3A. This does not include Rogers. The Eagles should also be improved. They lose some key guys, but you know they are going to be in the mix.

D19

I do not know much about these teams, but I do know it contains Elkhart, Central Heights, and Crockett. I do believe Elkhart was fairly young in 2012?...not sure about the other two.

You also have the likes of White Oak, Troy, Franklin, and New Waverly that could possibly make some noise.

I was told Sunday that Sunnyvale,Gunter,and Farmersville wil be in the same district next year.

If so,this will be a stacked district as all three are very good baseball teams.

The seven-team district will have five playoff teams from this past season, including another that just missed in 3A.

The softball side is even tougher. Six of the seven made the playoffs this spring.

CROCKETT WAS THE YOUNGEST OF THE BUNCH AND JUST KEEP GETTING BETTER.

A strong foundation in Crockett, but losing the seniors they are losing, plus a key player is off to a district rival will make things tough. Still a playoff team.