franknbeans All-East Texas Pre-Season Team

Smoaky

Frank, great list. Many great players in the east texas area. Since everybody is throwing their homer picks in, i thought i would do the same. Tim McCoy 5'10 190lb FS from harmony. 2nd in east texas last yr with 169 tackles in 12 games as a sophmore. 4 int with 3 returned for td's. District newcomer of the year & all east texas 2nd team(lnj). As far as who i would replace him with, i didnt see the FS from arp so i cant comment on him. I did see barr from gilmer who had a ton of int's but all around imo mccoy would get the nod. I am an admitted homer. Great list and looking forward to football season

Eagle,

that's a good one. And, you know Alan Peralta was another kid I gave a lot of consideration to as well. Could have very easily made the list. Thanks for the input.

What did you think of Taylor from Alto? He is the only one I didn't see in person.

I'm probably the worst person to ask, cause he was doing alot of head scratching the day i saw him play. We won 56-7 and Alto was in damage-control defense, just like we were one year earlier at their place, they won 47-6!

I'm probably the worst person to ask, cause he was doing alot of head scratching the day i saw him play. We won 56-7 and Alto was in damage-control defense, just like we were one year earlier at their place, they won 47-6!

True. Hard to judge then. He looks like a monster and he racked up great stats. All state player last year and likely again this year.

DeAaron Roland ,LB,Tenaha, would have to be on any list i would consider legitimate.

These other young men are fine athletes as well though.

You are a shameless homer-man Haysead.