Tenaha at Joaquin

Hayseed

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All the scrimmages. Yall got torched up top, trust me this ain't the year yall think its gonna be.

We gonna welcome yall back to 1a.

i heard that there were 6 picks at the wo and ef scrimmage that sounds pretty good to me. and thanks for the welcome

u have got to be kidding. joaquin wins but it will be close. no way a blow out either way.

I never kid when it comes to predictions, Tenaha is well thought of in the state and they are fast. I make my predictions base on their history and what they have coming back from a state championship. I hope Joaquin does ok in the game, but I don't think they can stay with Tenaha.

Shootout? Advantage Tenaha.

Correct. We are not going to beat Tenaha by playing their game. We need to use the pass to keep the defense honest so they can't stack 9 in the box. Our overall defense has to improve. So far this year, it looks better, but Tenaha will expose the weak spots. We are not the type of team that can match their speed (not many are). We will need to shorten the game, and limit the amount of snaps we give their offense. Long, pound it out posessions that keep Davis, Hill, Caraway and Gregory playing defense are the key to a win.

Correct. We are not going to beat Tenaha by playing their game. We need to use the pass to keep the defense honest so they can't stack 9 in the box. Our overall defense has to improve. So far this year, it looks better, but Tenaha will expose the weak spots. We are not the type of team that can match their speed (not many are). We will need to shorten the game, and limit the amount of snaps we give their offense. Long, pound it out posessions that keep Davis, Hill, Caraway and Gregory playing defense are the key to a win.

Joaquin will need to employ their new "blue chip" receiver (#82 Takoda Dugger), who has recently returned from Hemphill.........XD

I figured you and ole Doomy would get hooked up sooner or later. Like two peas in a pod!

Haaaa. A Bromance is born! Would it not be funny if there was a role reversal and the Tigers ran the ball 41 times and the Rams threw 22 passes?

Haaaa. A Bromance is born! Would it not be funny if there was a role reversal and the Tigers ran the ball 41 times and the Rams threw 22 passes?

With the RBs they have, I can see the Tigers running it 41 times. Rams throwing it 22? I don't think so.

Tenaha has had Joaquins number in recent years past. If there is ever a chance for a score like that then its gonna be this year, but u dont think so. Joaquin probably is t quite as good as skme think and tenaha isnt down as much as some think

your wrong on both accounts. Joaquin is better than most are thinking they are and Teneha is going to be down a lot compared to the past few years.

There is no evidence to suggest tenaha will be down. Yes, we will take our lumps but we will be ready when playoffs start

Well lets see you loose the 1A Player of the Year, your entire Defensive Front Line who were Massive for any classification of football (who were also OLinemen), and loose 2 more starters due to them moving away. Im sorry, but those are huge losses for any school, but especially at the 1A level. So basically you have an entire brand new Offensive and Defensive Line, a QB making his 1st varisty start, and less experience and WR. You are right yall will be ready to go by playoffs, but that is 11 weeks away, not Friday night! The Joaquin team is very experienced and has 10 kids with 20+ starts under their belt and another 8 with 10+. That will be the difference maker in the game. Joaquin will be basically be in the same boat next year that Tenaha is in this year, its called Small School Football. Friday nights game will be competitive early, but Joaquins size, strength, experience, and physical play will be to much by the time the second half rolls around.

JOAQUIN - 34

TENAHA - 18 (the lst score will come late when it doesn't matter)

Well lets see you loose the 1A Player of the Year, your entire Defensive Front Line who were Massive for any classification of football (who were also OLinemen), and loose 2 more starters due to them moving away. Im sorry, but those are huge losses for any school, but especially at the 1A level. So basically you have an entire brand new Offensive and Defensive Line, a QB making his 1st varisty start, and less experience and WR. You are right yall will be ready to go by playoffs, but that is 11 weeks away, not Friday night! The Joaquin team is very experienced and has 10 kids with 20+ starts under their belt and another 8 with 10+. That will be the difference maker in the game. Joaquin will be basically be in the same boat next year that Tenaha is in this year, its called Small School Football. Friday nights game will be competitive early, but Joaquins size, strength, experience, and physical play will be to much by the time the second half rolls around.

JOAQUIN - 34

Roland and Jones were both starting linemen last year. A. Harris played many downs with the starters last year as well. Our QB played alot of downs last year with the first string, due to Reginald Davis' knee injury in week 2 and several blowout situations (including the Joaquin game). Tenaha has alot of experience as well. Not as much as last year. I'd also like to add , the Tiger players have alot of winning experience. XD

JOAQUIN - 34

Dang dude, did you fall out of your bed and hit your head?!

JOAQUIN - 34

as u can tell by my handle that i am a ram fan from the start to the finish. but i have to hand it to tenaha they always have talent and lots of speed. now i think that joaquin will win but not in a blow out. tenaha has to much talent and lets just give it to them they have heart. now as to their winning ways yes they have it but mr chef joaquin has a lot of that theirselves. ever since 2002 until 2010 when we went to 2a. that being said joaquin will be in the win collum more than not this year and look out everyone were back

JOAQUIN - 34

Tenaha has plenty of kids that are ready to play now. They have what may be the best 1-2 running back tandem in Class A, and the best pair of inside linebackers in Class A. Beating them is going to take the best game our kids have played since 2009 (when most of them were freshmen on JV). I can promise you, Coach Gandy is not on that practice field telling his players that Tenaha is "down".

Tenaha has plenty of kids that are ready to play now. They have what may be the best 1-2 running back tandem in Class A, and the best pair of inside linebackers in Class A. Beating them is going to take the best game our kids have played since 2009 (when most of them were freshmen on JV). I can promise you, Coach Gandy is not on that practice field telling his players that Tenaha is "down".

in Coach Gandys mind nobody is EVER down.

No, Mr. Crawford, it is actually refreshing to see someone state the facts. And thats what he did. Very intresting that he knows about the other kid we had that moved. By now everyone knows about Assuntay but yall don't know about Cody. He woulda definitely been a starter on defense and he played alot last year. Kinda suprised though that 2steps didnt bring up the fact that we have 3 new coaches. The old coaching staff was together for quite a while. Having new guys could be an advantage but it could also work against us. We'll see. As far as Joaquin being more physical....really? I been to the scrimmages. Joe don't tackle for #### and some of them boys look lost in the secondary. I truly hope Belrose starts at corner.lol. Burnt Toast!

All that being said, Tenaha is loaded. Gonna take some time to get all the pieces put together, but trust me, we will have the better athletes on the field Friday.

Top 5 fastest players on the field will all be Tigers....easily.

Four new coaches: DePriest, Furlow,Kudrna and Vick. XD