Gladewater @ Daingerfield

BearPride6

you know your exactly right i dont like redwater and should just wait till then.. but its been a long time since weve played yall but id have to say probably 96 when my uncle was playing lb for d-field and later went on to play d1.joebob thompson. those years were the last of the gladewater d-field matchups and the only ones i can say i know about.but i know these two teams go way back and was a big rivalry.and im excited thier renewing it. i wasnt even born for all the 80's games but w all you old folk i keep updated lol jp jp.

Oh and to prove how old I am, I used to play golf every day with Dennis Alexander's father!! Loved his dad....GREAT guy and GREAT friend!!!!

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh and to prove how old I am, I used to play golf every day with Dennis Alexander's father!! Loved his dad....GREAT guy and GREAT friend!!!!

lol thats awesome. i actually know the alexander family pretty well. his daughter deborah is a great family friend and i keep up with ole dennis to.hes in troup for his first year there so watch out for the troup tigers .that guy can do magic with any team you throw at him..best coach i know hands down.and theres not much i wouldnt do to see those 80's games

The Reese kid on Gladewatr JV seems to be a stud! I know he's only a sophmore and coming off an impressive freshman year before knee injury cut it short but is it a chance he could be moved up to varsity? Is he the next C. Davis...

since you like golf so much let me ask you this do you know mike truitt?

Heard the name, but can't say I know him.

And you were right in your other post, the Alexander's are good people and Troup should make a lot of noise under his watch!!!

Be it Gladewater, Atlanta, Clarksville, Gilmer, and District 8 2a, the big question is the Tiger run defense. We can't give up an average of 29.5 points like last year and expect to win the gold. Mix that run with a passing game and even more problems, i.e., Melissa.

Waiting to see if last years holes are plugged.

Welcome back Gladewater.

Holes ain't plugged. Good luck to Gladewater the rest of the way.

Congrats to Gladewater and all the Bear Faithful on tonite's big win. I am very happy for you, esp. Golfingnut. I read most of your posts, and you always represent your fanbase with excellence. I posted in favor of Gladewater in this one....I just had that feeling it was time for a big breakthru for this team. They went out tonite and proved their mettle on the gridiron against a worthy opponent. It's a good start for the season for the Bears.

Congrats to Gladewater and all the Bear Faithful on tonite's big win. I am very happy for you, esp. Golfingnut. I read most of your posts, and you always represent your fanbase with excellence. I posted in favor of Gladewater in this one....I just had that feeling it was time for a big breakthru for this team. They went out tonite and proved their mettle on the gridiron against a worthy opponent. It's a good start for the season for the Bears.

+1

Thanks regaleagle, I try, but even I get ticked off at times!!!! Of course this year it seems it's with my own team's fans!!! LOL

What was the final on this game?

Final was Gladewater 31 Daingerfield 14. The officiating was good...and both teams had turnovers. Good game Bears and good luck here on out. Keep your heads up Tigers and lets get what is wrong fixed, doesn't get any easier....Atlanta, then Clarksville, then Gilmer to round out non-district play.

Good job Bears, way to start the season with a big win on the road. Coach Baugh is getting his program going now, and things are looking bright again in Bear Country! Solid weekend in Bear Country with wins at every level.

Good job Bears, way to start the season with a big win on the road. Coach Baugh is getting his program going now, and things are looking bright again in Bear Country! Solid weekend in Bear Country with wins at every level.