Gladewater vs Athens.

BearPride6

12 members have voted

1. 1. Who's got this one?

Coach Baugh definitely has the Bears headed in the right direction. As you could tell this past game, things will get tougher as teams gear up to stop that vaunted running attack. Two adjustments that were key in that game and going forward, one, being able to go under center and move # 15 from te to fb creating a more power attack to compliment the spread option. Secondly the willingness to go down field to #6 and #81. This will make it harder for teams to key on one element of the offense.

Defensively the secondary is the area of concern, although they make some good plays, they are susceptible to the deep ball and get lost in coverage on intermediate routes. Front seven is solid except for loosing contain at times. All in all, vastly improved team. Be patient, if not this year, definitely a team to be reckoned with going forward.

Hadn't seen Athens this year, but count on them being well coached and scrappy, qb looked good last year as a sophomore, but my vote is for the Bears. Good luck.

I'm on jv but I know my bros on varsity are workin their butts off every week. Baugh is giving us victory speeches already lol. Their wanting to go state! So far they have beat teams a lot of ppl doubted them on. I hope I get on varsity before Gilmer game. The plan is all teams to go 4-0 before district games start, then to keep it rolling :) were all progressing weekly. Last night was a great game but now our main concern is on Athens. Gladewater wins by.. A lot;)